Author Topic: Go-To Colors?  (Read 20040 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Go-To Colors?
« on: December 26, 2014, 08:40:51 pm »
A small little question, but I was curious. If you were to post something on the forum, what color do you usually use? I am often too lazy to do so, but if I do I usually go with the color lemonchiffon (what I'm using now) or burlywood. If you are uncertain how to put colors in your post, before your text put [ color=COLORHERE ] and at the end of the text put [ /color ]. (Without the spaces)

So, what color do you use when posting, if any? Or, are there any other things you do, such as font size or italics?

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Go-To Colors?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 08:43:39 pm »
I always use Times New Roman as the font and Tan as the color.
I honestly don't really know why I use tan for everything- even most of my characters are colored some shade of brown. It just draws me to it for some reason. I like the natural look.
I use Times New Roman because I like the classy appearance of it. X3
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 09:02:38 pm »
I normally use #afbfc3 with no font anymore, since it's a bright, simple blue-ish grey. I discovered this color after playing around with a tutorial I had made not to long ago about colors. I also like using centered text since I feel it simply looks nicer than other styles of text available, however I'll also use the default left aligned text too. Previously, I used New Times Roman and the color "teal" for any of my posts, since I liked the sophisticated and elegant look of the font, and the pretty blue-green color that is teal. I decided to change my "style" after a while since I became bored, and I left it was time for a change. Way before that (about when I started posting on the forum and I was a derp lol) I used the forum's default color since I wasn't completely sure how the colors/alignments/etc worked, and how to implement them into my posts.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 09:12:26 pm »
I always use the color white along with
the times new roman font

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 08:29:30 pm »
Deep sky Blue. I use it for everything ^^ It's just something about the bright shade of blue that I enjoy. The font is georgia, very neat looking. I just like how it looks, not entirley sure of how I came to enjoy it, but it's just kind of a relaxing color aye?

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 10:11:07 pm »
Maroon 'cause of blood.
Mmm, vein juice.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 10:24:57 pm »
I'm usually to lazy to add color to my font but when I do I always go with beige because it's refreshingly bright but not as bright as white. It stands out against the black background too but matches well with the gold/black site theme. I often use the beige font in thread titles or to highlight a particular phrase etc.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 10:41:37 pm »
Vespian uses the tan color in my posts, much like madam Jimmeh. I quite like it for it mimics the color of Vespian's fur- the wood of a puppet.
As for the font, I use Tw Cen MT. It used to be Times New Roman but the second I found this current one, I fell in love with the small letterin'. Vespian likes small text.
gone

wolfdog01

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 05:57:44 am »
Uh, for posts, it's just regular, but if I am starting a thread, I tend to use white more often...maybe I should use it in posts from now on o3o

Offline Muffin

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Patience is a virtue~
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 02:58:18 pm »
I normally use purple.
I don't know why, maybe just because it looks cool to me against the black background.
The centering text I use because it just makes posts look more organized to me, instead of like a run-on sentence.
I have thought about changing up my color scheme once or twice though.