Author Topic: Registration Closed - My Thoughts  (Read 2775 times)

Offline SpiritStars

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Registration Closed - My Thoughts
« on: June 05, 2015, 05:40:23 pm »
OK, well, I get why you closed the registration. Sort of. But I think it's sorta dumb that you did that, because it's hardly ever open! And I don't see the point in closing it because, "Too many people sign up". I find that bogus. I mean seriously, when I go onto Feral-Heart there's only like 30 people on at a time. Heck, there's probably really on 3 people in South Pole, 0-1 in Atlantis, 0-3 in Last Cave, 0-5 in Ascension, 2-7 in CODW... Like seriously, no one really plays anymore. You hardly ever see anyone on the game, so there isn't any point of closing the registration. If anything, you want more members to join. And find it hard to believe that the server currently has 553 users playing.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Registration Closed - My Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 05:47:17 pm »
There's good reason to why the registration works the way it does, and it's all explained in here:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=50461.msg685616#msg685616

It's also a lot of bogus with what you say because the numbers you put there ought to be in the most dead hours of FeralHeart when most are either asleep, in school or at work. The counter doesn't lie though so the most direct representation of users online is to use that since it updates once every minute if I recall correctly.

Please read through the link provided above since it will give a throughout explanation since it's anything but dumb if you can look past the most basic idea of grabbing new users, and maybe try to check in on some other hours of your day to see a different result. At this point in time the registration will remain as is I'm afraid. I do not see much point in having this thread open and what has been mentioned regarding the registration system will stand so I'm locking this thread.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Registration Closed - My Thoughts
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 06:04:29 pm »
But I think it's sorta dumb that you did that, because it's hardly ever open!

Hardly ever open... What?

And that's just the times I've caught it open these past few weeks. Felt I should add that.