Author Topic: Deleting Our Own Threads/Topics  (Read 1574 times)

Offline EmptyHabits

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • CybrilSalvatore
    • Cybril 🐺
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
Deleting Our Own Threads/Topics
« on: June 16, 2015, 04:07:58 pm »
Why can't we delete our own topics/threads? Why do we have to wait for an admin to delete/lock it themselves? I don't understand that. I think we should be able to delete our own threads especially if it was a help thread and it was solved. On other forums you can delete your own topics/threads. I'm not trying to complain here, but why can't forum users delete their own threads they do not want anymore?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Deleting Our Own Threads/Topics
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 07:05:33 pm »
It has been proven that users abuse this function on a forum like this, removing their own posts that might include rule break or just clean up signs of less wanted behavior. If something takes place and there's an edited post instead of let's say "nothing", the staff has something to go on and deal with it as it happens.

As far as the locking goes it could be up for discussion, but it has been that way since day one.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Deleting Our Own Threads/Topics
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 07:15:24 pm »
It has been proven that users abuse this function on a forum like this, removing their own posts that might include rule break or just clean up signs of less wanted behavior. If something takes place and there's an edited post instead of let's say "nothing", the staff has something to go on and deal with it as it happens.

As far as the locking goes it could be up for discussion, but it has been that way since day one.

What Red said. Also, by having the option not to delete any threads, other people who might be having the same problem (let's assume this is a topic in the Help section) can see how the issue was solved. Not only do you gain insight as to how to fix a problem, but so do other people.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.