Author Topic: Map Maker: Spawning on ceiling -.-  (Read 1499 times)

Offline EmptyHabits

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • CybrilSalvatore
    • Cybril 🐺
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
Map Maker: Spawning on ceiling -.-
« on: July 01, 2016, 10:27:52 am »
Ugh. I'm getting really annoyed now. I've been messing around with the arrival yaw for an hour and whenever I go into game, exit the map and reenter, I always spawn in the same exact place no matter where I put the arrival yaw! I have a portal in a map and I put the arrival yaw (at the ground where I wanted to arrive so I just typed in that arrival yaw) and whenever I go into the map, I spawn on the CEILING, no matter how many times I change the arrival yaw! How do I fix this for crying out loud!?!

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: Map Maker: Spawning on ceiling -.-
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 03:17:06 pm »
Not entirely sure on this one, but I believe you must also put in the X,Y,Z Coordinates as well. I would suggest mousing over the area you want to spawn at, and then writing down all the numbers on the bottom in the little box that's in the corner. Then go to your Gate options and plug in the numbers for X, Y, and Z as well. They should go X>Z from left to right.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline CosmoFursi

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • . steal my starbucks and i'll steal your soul
    • SSFireWolf
    • channel/UC4pX64nRbfEuRcBaNlVxlJw
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 03:20:16 pm »
the arrival yaw is for the direction you'll be facing when entering. if you keep spawning on the ceiling, then you need to change the y coordinates.

i find it easier to place an object then write down it's coordinates in the arrival thingy. then delete the object, of course.

anyway, yeah. hope this helps <3

Offline SophyTheLioness

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • FUZZY LLAMA COOL LLAMA SEXY LLAMA
    • ValentinaTheWolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 08:23:34 pm »
Lol i think i might know how to solve your problem.
If you're taling about a PORTAL

When you ENTER the map via a ingame-portal (online) you'll spawn right in front of the PORTAL.
but if you're making a map on MAP MAKER and are away from the portal, probably above the ceiling, then your character will spawn there!
The place your cam is at, that's where the map-test character will spawn on. Arrival Yaw only marks where will people spawn when they ENTER your map.
I'M YOUR OBSESSIVE SABLE MOMMA.

Signature art by bab number 1 Kiaz <3
Avatar art by bab number 2 Cocoadoq <3

(Psst, check out my free species! If you like canines... Check out this thread ;) http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57355.0

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 06:52:11 am »
These helpful floofs pretty much hit the nail on it. The only thing I'm going to add is that I notice sometimes the portal/gate gets unselected when I go to enter coordinates, so be sure that isn't happening to ye, or else the newly added coordinates won't be saved to the portal/gate!

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧