Author Topic: Returning.  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Returning.
« on: September 28, 2018, 04:04:06 pm »
Well the last several days sure have been an overwhelming time for everyone now, haven't they.

Before I officially announce my return, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for the emotional roller-coaster that everyone has been going through as of late in regards to the changes Raz has or intends to impliment. I can't imagine the vast number of users in this community that have felt so overwhelmed, scared, and confused by all that's been going on around here in-game and on the form. It's a lot, I know. However, a few days have passed, and even though there's still a lot of activity here and there, a lot of the riot activity has died down drastically, so I feel it's the perfect time to make this kind of post right now.

It's not a very pleasant experience to be having at this moment, and I feel for you all. I understand that Feral Heart is a very important place for the majority of active users who play, including myself, and I have been feeling a lot of what you guys have been feeling. However, some days have passed since chaos reined over Feral Heart, and I want to ask you all to take a moment to clear your heads, take a moment to breathe, just chill for a sec and listen to what I have to say.

A lot of questions and rumours have been going around, and I just want to level with you here and answer some in hopes that it will give users reassurance in this uncomfortable time by answering questions that I of many have personally received, and questions that have been answered before but haven't quite gotten around to everyone yet.

• Why has my character been deleted?
    Before I answer, this only applies to those who downloaded and installed the WIP patch maps that the former staff had been working on and had released hours before taking their leave. If you are not one of these people, then this isn't for you. Fortunately, some of you will still have your characters if you made your way back to the official maps before changes were made. However, the handful of unlucky users who have characters that were still in the maps will find that yes they have indeed been 'deleted', or more appropriately, temporarily removed. However, I do not think this is any fault of Raz's. This is not something to fret about. Raz has clearly stated to everyone that he will restore the characters once people stop attempting to enter the maps on other characters, increasing an unnecessary workload.

• What's going to happen to Feral Heart?
    Other than the changes and unpredictability, nothing. Feral Heart isn't going anywhere. It's not going to be sold to anyone, it's not going to be closed down, and it's certainly not the end of the world even though it may feel like it to a lot of you. The only thing that is happening right now is that Feral Heart is going to be going through a daring and risky change that clearly a lot of people are uncomfortable with and uncertain about, which the majority of you (including myself) are very much against considering the lack of information we have been given. Yes, Raz has the 'off switch', however, this isn't something you should all be fearful of.

• Was it wrong of me to join in on the riot?
    No. Not at all. It's only human for people to want to express how they feel about a situation that they know very little about, especially if the lack of knowledge isn't any fault of their own. When a something comes along that will have a major impact on the 'world' around them, people get scared, people get stressed, people become unsettled, and that is COMPLETELY normal. However, it is an issue if people go around making things a personal matter and throwing unnecessary hate toward a person instead of the problem itself. It's not you vs. him, it's you vs. the problem. Remember that.

Other than those main questions, as of right now I have quite a lot of uncertainties. I am uncertain as to whether or not this whole experiment (or so called 'concept') will work out for good or bad, or if it will make any effect at all in the end. I am uncertain as to whether or not this will just be an experiment, or a permanent deal. The only thing that I AM certain about is that the game will never be the same if this block to ban system carries out. Sure, people will learn to adjust, even if it's unwillingly, but I can't say that I am all that confident in the future of Feral Heart right now with the lack of information that is being provided, or has been provided.

But, if you have any other questions that could be answered to the best of people's knowledge that you think could be added here, please feel free to ask some.

As for where I stand on the situation...

At this point with what has been said already, lot of you may be thinking "amg bawfle y r u taking his side, y r u betraying us, i hate u for this weeehhh". No. I don't take sides. I'm just being reasonable. I'm not some child who feels the need to pick a friend due to some petty fall out between a few. That isn't what's happening here. So please don't corrupt the words I have already spoken. I've known this community too long to know that there will be some people out there who find enjoyment in corrupting and twisting words for their own benefit. I have expressed myself just like anyone else has, but never in the same way as anyone else. I want to make it VERY clear that despite the feelings I have I am not against Raz himself, I just don't approve of the actions made since some days ago, or the way they were presented the way they were.

To go into a little more depth and detail as to what I am personally upset with, I feel like disappearing for a year, being disconnected, then coming back and bringing a 'concept' out of nowhere without consulting or informing the now 'former' staff or even giving proper insight into it was a terrible, terrible mistake. Everyone knows that people here like to be informed, and like to have the knowledge they need to understand what's going on. If not, it leads to well... what happened just recently.

This is just one sure fire way to break the trust of anyone involved with Feral Heart, and not just staff. This is my point. Nothing about the system was brought out to anyone gently at all, or with an appropriate amount of information to avoid such heat. A "this thing is going to be trialled, unsure whether this will be permanent or not" followed by "in case anything goes wrong or if anything is abused, here's this fail-safe to help people who may feel injustice" would have been a much better and suitable approach to all this. That, ladies and gentlemen, is what really doesn't butter my croissant.

Now that I've said what I felt I needed to say and get off my chest, yes, I'm returning to the forum. I've been thinking about it for a little while now, but now just feels like an appropriate time to me.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 08:16:11 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
Re: Returning.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 04:13:17 pm »
Glad to have ya back Buffy! Thanks for clearing some things up for everyone, don’t think anyone coulda explained it better. ♥️
artwork by dehvina

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 04:28:25 pm »
Welcome back Buffy! So nice to have you back in this chaos. xD

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 04:50:25 pm »
Well written. Welcome back to the forums, Buffy. It is nice to have you back here once more. I will be seeing you around!
not active here anymore ♡

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 05:25:38 pm »
thank you for this post bawfle. we're glad to have you back!

Offline gh0ul

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • ~~Son Fett
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 05:27:38 pm »
I like the way you explain it, and welcome back, hope we'll see more positivity here.

<3

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 05:38:44 pm »
Very happy to see you back on the forum, Buffy. :) 

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 06:05:35 pm »
smells like buffy artichokes in here

But really I am very happy to see you returning to the forums. Another knowledgeable person to hit us with a reality check when we need it.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 07:06:16 pm »
Thanks for the welcome back greetings!

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Calvary

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2018, 07:20:03 pm »
Welcome back! It’s good to have another point of view on this, so thank you for your message!