Author Topic: I don't know what's going on, but I dun like it!  (Read 807 times)

Offline shadowhearted

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
I don't know what's going on, but I dun like it!
« on: January 02, 2013, 10:47:30 pm »
Ok. This has been happening for a week or so, and the first time I had to re-install FeralHeart to fix it, but that didn't work for long. It starts different ways:
the boxes around the chatbox and stuff may disappear, the names in the name tags may disappear, everyone's character may turn black, the leaves always disappear off of most of the trees and the trees trun black, then the water disappears, and the ground turns black and it may crash.
I can fix it for about 5 minutes by restarting FH, but then it starts again.
As far as I know, it isn't happening to anyone else, and it is messing up my ability to RP, because every 10 minutes or so I have to log off to stop the map turning black. I tried to get the patch, but that didn't work, either.
 Help please?

Stupid thing won't let me put more than one in my siggie. That sucks. Corgis are the most adorable things to ever exist on the face of the earth. Have a nice day, and a link to my scroll, where you can see the other dragons.
http://dragcave.net/user/Icy_Flame

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: I don't know what's going on, but I dun like it!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 11:02:45 pm »
Well if uninstalling the game and deleting the main folder then reinstalling does't fix it did you maybe try changing your video settings a bit? From the main menu click where it says "options" then "video" and try changing your rendering subsystem from OpenGL to Direct3D9. Not sure if it will help but it's worth a try.

JackobLoveu

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 11:03:27 pm »
(Someone can get the link Im using a 3DS)
Anyway for the screen that turns black, you can press home 'b' and click go home- if it says Lonely Cave, and click Go home, and it'll would be back to normal.

Offline shadowhearted

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 11:06:59 pm »
Changing the video setting worked, thank you so much.

Stupid thing won't let me put more than one in my siggie. That sucks. Corgis are the most adorable things to ever exist on the face of the earth. Have a nice day, and a link to my scroll, where you can see the other dragons.
http://dragcave.net/user/Icy_Flame

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 12:04:45 am »
I'm glad Grace and you're welcome. :)