Author Topic: Feralia Aquius v2 - Minecraft Server (Offline)  (Read 186321 times)

Offline Eagleify

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • I like your flagella.
    • View Profile
    • Eaglify's DeviantArt
Re: Feralia Aquius v2 - Minecraft Server (1.3.2)
« Reply #710 on: September 12, 2012, 06:04:20 am »
I'm back(ish) on the internet now that I have a lesser school workload, so you will be seeing me on here a few more times now :D

I'm just posting this because a few people have been asking me who I am, my IGN is Le0plurad0n.
I'm not active peeps. I've moved on it life, so to say, managing a game community with over a million players. I hope you enjoy my maps, meshes, and presets I made in my time here.

I might be on like once every few months, just to check in. But other than that, Bai!

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #711 on: September 13, 2012, 03:44:32 am »
O: Hey Ghosting, I think if we're going to have a trade system or whaty, would we be able to get some kind of plugin that can lock chests?

Just as a precaution or something.

Because it'd really defeat the purpose if we had some random start stealing things out of the shops.

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 13, 2012, 04:01:49 am »
Hrm, I can definitely see your logic there. However, I have actually been thinking about this, and I am hesitant to add locking chests for several reasons.

First, I feel like adding lockable chests puts a layer of distrust on the server. Like, we need lockable chests because we dont trust everyone else. Right now, the 'guest' group cannot open chests or take items, so I am not too worried about them. And I honestly feel like trusting everyone to not be jerks and steal is better than assuming that someone will steal.

Second, right now, I am allowing anyone who wants to play on creative to do so. So really, what would be the point in stealing when you can just go into creative and get however much crap you want.

It really seems like our server is in a awkward state of being. On the one hand, I want to play legit because it is more fun and adds more meaning to my game-play. On the other hand, I don't want people to be held down and have to play legit just because I want to. Obviously these things dont really mix well when it comes to trade and interaction.

So basically I am rambling and I dont know what to do about any of it. :D
But if more players want a locking chest system I will add it in for everyone, np.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #713 on: September 13, 2012, 04:48:56 am »
I don't mind either way, I trust everyone, and the trading stuff is really only for fun, not something really taken absolutely seriously on the server in my opinion at least. More like something to pass the time when there is nothing else to do XD

Oh, and ghosting, I decided that perhaps getting the old HG arena over would be a good idea, and I could make the changes I wanted from that, rather than starting from scratch. It would be a lot to start over from scratch, and I haven't been able to find as good a spot as the previous one XD

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #714 on: September 13, 2012, 05:00:01 am »
I trust most users yeah. The only ones I don't trust are the newer users. NOT because I find them suspicious or anything but just because I don't know them very well. I can't just insta trust people, but that's just me.

But yeah we haven't had issues with theft in the past.

I guess what we can do is just watch to see how well this whole trading buisness goes too. And if nothing gets pinched then yeah, don't worry about the locked chest things.

It's mostly because even though we have rules, they still tend to get broken from time to time.

And that's true too lol, they can just take things from creative XD

Offline Eagleify

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • I like your flagella.
    • View Profile
    • Eaglify's DeviantArt
« Reply #715 on: September 13, 2012, 05:24:50 am »
So about us going on creative, do one of the mods/staff need to be on for us to go on/be put into creative mode? Or can we change our gamemode ourselves?
I'm not active peeps. I've moved on it life, so to say, managing a game community with over a million players. I hope you enjoy my maps, meshes, and presets I made in my time here.

I might be on like once every few months, just to check in. But other than that, Bai!

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 13, 2012, 05:42:41 am »
Depends on if you are a 'Feralian' or not. Feralians can change their gamemode whenever they want, 'Newcomers' have to ask a mod.

Offline Hallucination

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 13, 2012, 03:20:00 pm »
Speaking of trade system, I got an idea of introducing Iron in there, four Iron Ignots could be equal to one gold ingot. Just throwing that out there. Oh, this reminds me, what do you have to do to become Feralian? I mean, people might be jealous for a newcomer to be mayor of town, just saying. xD

Offline copper4me

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • I don't play that much anymore but I'm here, hello
    • copper4me
    • achievementcast
    • copper4me
    • copper4me18
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #718 on: September 13, 2012, 08:31:17 pm »
To get Feralian you have to atleast play for a update or two and make sure the mods/admins etc. Trust you and stuff.

Offline Hallucination

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 13, 2012, 09:02:05 pm »
I hear there is an update coming up not too far from now. Not sure. I don't pay much attention. xD