Author Topic: No one is going to like me after this, are they?  (Read 6939 times)

Offline safarirun123

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Sexy *_* _IWANNALIVEINLANDOFLOTRTABLEFLIP_
    • View Profile
Re: No one is going to like me after this, are they?
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 02:43:59 pm »
I certainly love this board right now ^-^ but anyways Its most likely yes a wolf is dangerous and im not really a wolf fan here right now but hey I dont wanna see them die anyways its more common for them to be shy but usally.. im just saying maybe if they had pups or something they would be really agressive if you grabbed there pups outta the blue yes they are gonna attack but wouldn't you? if someone grabbed your baby outta the blue and you didn't know who they were? exactly wolfs are personally dog-like I would say for myself they just have a diffrent kind of nature.. like dogs catch frisbees or something.. but wolfs dont And then there's.. dog's roll around in the dirt playing yes im sure alot of wolfs to that to so its most common they wont attack because they are a shy animal but they can be agressive and maybe sometimes attack and                                                                                                                                                                                                            Also something else I forgot to point out is what happens when all the prey dies? what will the wolf hunt well probaly us, I could be wrong but I dont think they eat bird.
~             ~  * ~    Crystal   ~ * ~          ~

Offline Tessel.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • and this time, we're gonna get funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 01:51:11 am »
I agree with you completely!

I like wolves, heck with it, I love wolves! But, some people take it like they are pomeranian dogs and are ment to cuddle with.

Humans are WAY far from being more dangerous then wolves .Yes, because TOTALLY if you accidently walk one step in to there property by accident they will tear your limbs off. Riighht.

So yes, I agree with you completely. And with Blacki.

Siggy and avi by me. PM me if you need anything, friends.

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 03:11:43 am »
I think you explained your point very well, Minnie, and it's also very refreshing to see people having civilized discussions (well, for the most part, anyway...-_-) on this thread.

Though I disagree with you on one thing, about nature not having it's own balance. Animals go extinct when they are no longer able to cope with their changing environment (whether that's climate change or human intervention). When an animal goes extinct, populations of different species fluctuate for a while as their competition decreases, and then become stable again when a new species takes the place of the old.

Let's use the California condor as an example. Before humans nearly drove it to extinction, it was the chief scavenging bird of its ecosystem. When it became extinct in its home area of California, other animals replaced it as chief scavenger bird (the turkey vulture and crow). Carcasses were eaten at a healthy pace and nature balanced itself out. In other words, the world will keep on turning even without California condors. Nature will retain its own balance without them.

But here's something that makes humans such wonderful, strange, complex creatures. Even if Nature doesn't care what happens to the condors, we do. Which is why California condors are now recovering slowly in parts of Utah. It's not that Nature can't balance itself out, it's just that we humans are sentimental (and we also love playing God).

Beautiful post Abomine. <3
I agree with you 100%

Thanks, Lugai! ^_^

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 03:20:00 am »
I agree completely. Abomine, I also agree with your post.

It's like meat; some people eat cats and dogs.. Many people get angry at that... but the funny thig is that most of them eat meat. people can't be ones to criticize when cows and pigs and livestock are being killed for meat as well... and half these people actually buy and eat their meat.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 03:29:27 am »
So yes, sometimes the other side has difficulty seeing the whole, but from what you've shown me, you do to. BOTH SIDES NEED TO WAKE UP TO REALITY. BOTH SIDES are wrong in cases, and BOTH SIDES need to get their act together. I could write more about why you are wrong, and why they are wrong as well, but honestly, I know you're not going to read a word of what I write, as both sides think they are perfect. The reality isn't your view OR theirs, it is somewhere in between. Your side views them as dangerous wild beasts that would happily turn on man, and they view them as perfect.

You know, when you see something like this, with two sides, you know the best side to take? The one in the middle. The one that is most likely to be true because both sides will have exaggerated to one side or the other while the truth lies in the middle.

I'm going to quote this for you guys, again. Yes, wolves aren't cuddly bunnies, but you know what? You guys are just as bad for exaggerating the bad side of the wolves. Wolves do NOT rip people limb from limb, no matter WHAT fairy tales you read. My post was to point out that while you guys are right in saying wolves aren't friendly, all you're doing is exaggerating the bad side of wolves. That makes you just as bad as the people you are trying to disprove.

I'm sorry, but I could only sit back and watch for so long before I started getting annoyed.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2012, 04:43:52 am »
So yes, sometimes the other side has difficulty seeing the whole, but from what you've shown me, you do to. BOTH SIDES NEED TO WAKE UP TO REALITY. BOTH SIDES are wrong in cases, and BOTH SIDES need to get their act together. I could write more about why you are wrong, and why they are wrong as well, but honestly, I know you're not going to read a word of what I write, as both sides think they are perfect. The reality isn't your view OR theirs, it is somewhere in between. Your side views them as dangerous wild beasts that would happily turn on man, and they view them as perfect.

You know, when you see something like this, with two sides, you know the best side to take? The one in the middle. The one that is most likely to be true because both sides will have exaggerated to one side or the other while the truth lies in the middle.

I'm going to quote this for you guys, again. Yes, wolves aren't cuddly bunnies, but you know what? You guys are just as bad for exaggerating the bad side of the wolves. Wolves do NOT rip people limb from limb, no matter WHAT fairy tales you read. My post was to point out that while you guys are right in saying wolves aren't friendly, all you're doing is exaggerating the bad side of wolves. That makes you just as bad as the people you are trying to disprove.

I'm sorry, but I could only sit back and watch for so long before I started getting annoyed.

Makes perfect sense. Every side can be over exaggerated to the point of sillyness.

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2012, 10:51:20 pm »
Wolves shouldn't be underestimated because of their statistics or what studies have revealed in 'how they USUALLY act' or 'MAY act in a situation'.

They're no different than any other predator on the planet: they are wild. They are unpredictable.

Therefore we must treat them like any wild animal: with respect, caution, and not react to them through our emotions or any sort of attachment we hold to animals. They can only gather an average, and we aren't always going to run into the "average pack of wolves" on a camping trip. We may spot them, or not see them at all.

When I read studies or behavior reports on animals I use them as a reference to help me on a camping trip, not expect them to behave like studies say. I am prepared to see what is 'expected' [with wolves, skittishness], but am also wary that they may not act as scientists have recorded [fearlessness and dangerous levels of curiosity].

Offline lugailover

• Floof-O-Meter: 56
    • View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2012, 03:58:18 pm »
Wolves shouldn't be underestimated because of their statistics or what studies have revealed in 'how they USUALLY act' or 'MAY act in a situation'.

They're no different than any other predator on the planet: they are wild. They are unpredictable.

Therefore we must treat them like any wild animal: with respect, caution, and not react to them through our emotions or any sort of attachment we hold to animals. They can only gather an average, and we aren't always going to run into the "average pack of wolves" on a camping trip. We may spot them, or not see them at all.

When I read studies or behavior reports on animals I use them as a reference to help me on a camping trip, not expect them to behave like studies say. I am prepared to see what is 'expected' [with wolves, skittishness], but am also wary that they may not act as scientists have recorded [fearlessness and dangerous levels of curiosity].

I love this post... ^
Wolves are beautiful creatures, but they are not a toy to be cuddled and pet. Wolves have many good sides and just as many bad sides.

Many can be caused by human activity, viruses from humans spread to them, making them vicious, hunting of elk/moose -Although I don't mind this, it ''can'' affect the food chain a small bit- And also space is taken for building houses.

Many of their bad sides are also caused by their natural instincts.

-To protect their pack, pups and territory
-If their life is threatened with a gun -Honestly if I saw someone pointing a gun at me, I would probably attack him stupidly also =I-

-Starvation can be a big one, if wolves hunt livestock it could be either an inexperienced loner or a starving old rogue driven out of his pack. If you were starving or knew nothing about survival, then saw a cow just waiting to be eaten, you wouldn't really think twice would you? When animals are hungry they will eat ''Anything''

-Curiosity, nuff said

I am just saying stupid floof at this point but I am trying to get my point across, wolves have good sides and bad sides, it is just the bad sides seem to have more effect on us.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 04:00:55 pm by Lugai »

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2012, 10:40:04 pm »
There were squirrels that used to come right up and touch my shoes for sunflower seeds, and I used to share the seeds with them and watch them stuff them into their cheeks. They were cute and it was nice having them be 'comfortable' with coming up to me.

However I was also very cautious with them. There was no telling what kind of parasites they carried, so I would always have a pair of gloves on when holding out some seeds to them. I would never know if one of them would decide to bite me or if one of them would contract rabies and get me by surprise by coming up to me in a way they usually do before going ninja-death-squirrel on me either.

What would they do if I didn't have seeds for them? Sure, they're SQUIRRELS, but I mean really, do I want to take the risk?

No I wasn't.

I treat any animal the same, but when I come to somehow 'befriend' some of them [like with the squirrels] I always try not to get too COZY with them being around me. Those people on shows like Fatal Attractions did that, they got too cozy with their exotic pets and believed they wouldn't be hurt by them, but they did.

I don't get too 'cozy' with facts and behavior studies either. I acknowledge them, but I don't absolutely embrace them.

People get so obsessed with the statistics of wolves and/or their fairy tales that they sometimes act as if it's an object. They're not mother bears, but they're not chihuahuas either. So treat them like a pit bull and appreciate them, but don't outright hate on them or treat them like a human being who is a perfect 'child'.  

I'm starting to ramble again now, LOL. I'll be quiet now [or I'll try and succeed hopefully].

Chocolate Cat

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2012, 05:52:07 am »
I COMPLETELY agree, Minnie. You wouldn't just run out into the wild and hug some wild wolf, would ya? It would defend itself. It wouldn't even hesitate to bite you with all its strength! Some types of hunting aren't good, no sirrrrreee! But does that mean all hunting is bad? NOOO! We hunt to keep numbers low. I should stop before this turns into a superlong post.

~Purr