Author Topic: Exporting Maps  (Read 1346 times)

Offline Godzilla

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Exporting Maps
« on: September 14, 2012, 09:15:46 pm »
Hello,

Okay, I recently finished editing and completing my map for an RP I would like start up soon. However, when I export the map, it always misses something. An example would be 'Cannot find material hay'. Alot of the objects I had on the map disappear when I am on FH checking it out and not on Map Maker itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. C:

Thank you,

Wurry

Offline Slydragon99

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • am dead
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Exporting Maps
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 09:36:45 pm »
I don't really know what to say to this.

I have not had much experience with the whole map problems and how.

Maybe, check if they are in both objects. and my_objects.

Another question I have, is the mesh/object yours? Did you make it?
If not it could be the placing.

If it is, there could simply be a number of things wrong. It may export from the object maker, but now always the map itself.

art by dearhunters on da

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 10:09:00 pm »
When this happens, there's usually a material file or a image linked to it missing. What I've had to do was re-download the objects, and overwrite the others. o:

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo

Offline Godzilla

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 10:09:43 pm »
Yeah, I forgot to give credit to the objects. These are not my objects, many other users created them. I don't know I just keep trying to export it and hope for the best each time or actually try and get this problem solved and fixed.

Offline Godzilla

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 10:10:58 pm »
xD Okay, That is alot of downloads I will make. But where would I place the object materials this time? Because they work perfectly fine but when I go onto FH and get to my map there, objects just vanish. :P

Thierry

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 10:18:36 pm »
'Cannot find material hay'
I think there are a object in a object group who is basewhite and missing a material, maybe you are not using that object in your map, but if it exists in the object group can pop-up to you that error.

Alot of the objects I had on the map disappear when I am on FH checking it out and not on Map Maker itself.
That problem can happens when you modify any of the objects groups that comes by default in the game, i mean these objects groups: Default.object, MyPlants.object, MyRocks.object, MyTrees.object.
And when you have some exported maps from other people, the "extra" objects you added in these objects groups can disapear.
The solution is to move any custom object to a new object group of your own.

If you spent a lot of time doing your map and you need help with moving objects to a new object group, i can help if you send me the files by PM or email (every object group and your map files).

Offline Godzilla

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 11:59:59 pm »
OooH. That could be it Thierry. I will check all my objects and stuff. :3 And thanks but I think I can manage moving my objects to different categories. Thank you all for your help. :D

Offline m4rl33n

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • AHHH! WATER, I'M A KITTY NOT A LIFE VEST!!
    • View Profile
    • A New Life, A new Roleplay.
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 06:21:03 am »
I think the problem is here, That we need to check what is going on with those Objects, And their materials. Now, i suggest you Redownload the Items, Then go into Object maker and Put the meshes in by hand and add them all into a Seperate Group. That might help alot. Well.... I hope.
Remember floofies! Need any help pm me!
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=xXRelicaXx