Author Topic: Making Forums for Groups!  (Read 4796 times)

Offline Blush

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
Making Forums for Groups!
« on: April 09, 2011, 05:28:25 pm »
(Note: Not really sure why this was moved to random, since technically I am creating something... so I thought surely the creations board... but whatever. XD Don't yell at me about it.)

I am a professional graphic and web designer and I am offering to make custom Proboards forums for people here on FeralHeart. It can be a roleplay forum, general FeralHeart forum, or group forum. I will create custom graphics for it and set it up for you.

Here are some examples of my work...
http://packofthemeadow.proboards.com/ (unfinished)
http://prideinsanity.proboards.com/
http://hishimapride.proboards.com/

The banners were made by me, the gradients and backgrounds were free to me. I can also make them, I just liked those enough to use them. :3

In exchange for a forum, I ask for a mesh (I have a list of meshes I requested on the mesh board, if you want to make a custom one), drawing, signature, pixel art, icon, preset, or dA points for my work. I will take just about anything in exchange for a forum. I however do not want maps. Please try to make your trade fair or I may decline it. I have to code some of these forums with special effects for layouts, make the banners, and apply all the colors... so, it does take hours to finish one.

Reply below if you are interested. I will make the forum and show it to you and send you the password to it once we have traded. Please let me know what type of banner you are looking for, color scheme, scripts you want, what boards and catergories you need, etc.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 05:59:18 pm by Blush »

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: Making Forums for Groups!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 07:03:07 pm »
  The feral hearts creation board is for creations within FH, like meshes, presets, and art of FH characters.

And I am just wondering, what are the different things you can do? Just so I can have an idea of what I could ask for. And what kind of drawings and stuff would you accept? And what would they be of? Because I am thinking of asking for a forum, but I need to know I will be able to do what you ask for as a trade, I don't want to have to say I can't do the picture or signature after you have gone through the hard work of creating the forum.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Blush

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 08:26:35 pm »
Well, it seems like they need some more boards on the creation board or something. Or maybe a Service board. Hmm... Anyway...

I can add scripts to the proboard forum to make it appear differently...if you look up proboards scripts or codes, you will find scripts and examples of them. I can put any of those on your board or code one for you. Here are some examples...

http://overcomersgfx.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=code&action=display&thread=1265

Those are free, so if you like any of those or would like them edited, let me know.

Those examples actually have scripts on them already, so they appear skinnier and the PM message bar goes away. There is also a javascript news table on two of those examples. A popular add-on is the affiliate table so you can add banners to other sites.

As far as graphics, the sky is the limit. I can also animate. I can create custom emotes, avatars, banners, buttons, gradients, backgrounds, anything you want. I have been in graphic design and coding for about seven years now, so there isn't a whole lot I can't do with Photoshop or coding. It is just Proboards has limits and will only allow the layout to be moved around so much. XD

What were you thinking? I could tell you if I could do it and maybe even make you an example banner of what you want, so you can get an idea.

The art trade for the forum could be of any of my characters. I have both lion and wolf characters. So, I can send a screenshot and you could just draw them. I have been wanting someone to draw my mate and I together. That would be awesome, but if you can only draw one character, that is good too.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 08:29:21 pm by Blush »

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 08:49:00 pm »
I can do more than one character, I just can't do too many postures (I've been doing some practicing though XD)

And it all sounds so good! And a little confusing at the same time XD It takes me a while to get what these things mean a lot of the time. But an affiliates thing would be cool. And custom emotes. The forum would be for a werewolf RP, it's called Eye of the werewolf. It's a group here on FH, but I thought having our own seperate forum would be good, and I have asked the others and they like the idea of our own seperate forum. I'll send the members of the group over here so they can look over the features and give me suggestions for what to have in the forum. I will get back to you as soon as I know what we want in the forum.

Offline Blush

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 01:17:48 am »
Okay, should easy enough. :3 Just let me know.

Offline Dragons101

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
    • Feral Heart Fan Forums
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 07:15:39 pm »
Um, think you could help me fix up my forum to make it look cooler and more unique?

http://policepack.proboards.com

That's the website.

Offline Blush

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 05:08:56 am »
Yeah, I could do that. What are you willing to trade for it and what would you like done to the forum?

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 05:16:21 am »
  Unfortuantly we couldn't decide what we wanted done for the forum. So, we decided to give you creative lease XD. You can do as you wish with it, as long as it has the few things below.
  The whole theme is werewolves. It should have a dark feeling to it, but I would prefer it if the backgrouand wasn't black.
  We did decide on custom emotes, if the emotes could be wolves that would be great XD
  The group is called Eye of the werewolf, also known as EOTW.
  That's about all you need to know, but if you want to know more you can always ask XD

Offline Dragons101

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
    • Feral Heart Fan Forums
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 11:56:09 am »
Uh, I can make maps pretty well. I can make you a map. Or if you want a sucky preset I can make those as well.

As for what I want done to it, I don't really care. Just something to make the members want to get on every day and check it out to see what's going on. Something to make it unique. I can pm you my account stuff so you can make all the changes without getting your own account unless you wanna join the pack by joining the forum.

Offline Blush

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 11:42:58 pm »
Okay, Kyugima, do you have a forum you want me to edit  or you want me to make it from stratch?

Amor, a map or preset will do. :3 Whichever you want to make. Just PM the account information and I will get to work on it.