Author Topic: Play Game tab resetting every second on two browsers  (Read 992 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
Play Game tab resetting every second on two browsers
« on: August 22, 2017, 04:13:06 pm »
The Play Game tab is resetting itself every few seconds after I log in, I've tried Chrome and Firefox.
The game's been losing connection a lot lately, and I couldn't stay connected to the main server for more than a few minutes. Now, the problem has progressed to barely being able to start connecting to the main server.

EDIT: It has stopped having problems now, but what could fix it if it happens again?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 05:51:35 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: Play Game tab resetting every second on two browsers
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 05:54:44 pm »
You could try placing the two log-in pages on an auto-refresher website so that they will not be prone to timing out and requesting you to log back in again.
You could also get an auto-refresh add-on for both Chrome and Firefox (more recommended than the above suggestion.)
The result will be the same as I speculate the problem being the pages timing out which will happen less if you have an auto-refresh add-on or if you place them on a website that will auto-refresh the pages every few seconds.
gone

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 06:04:29 pm »
You could try placing the two log-in pages on an auto-refresher website so that they will not be prone to timing out and requesting you to log back in again.
You could also get an auto-refresh add-on for both Chrome and Firefox (more recommended than the above suggestion.)
The result will be the same as I speculate the problem being the pages timing out which will happen less if you have an auto-refresh add-on or if you place them on a website that will auto-refresh the pages every few seconds.

My browser has been slowed down by a second add-on before, I'm not sure how many add-ons Chrome can handle.
Is there an auto-refresh website that won't give me a virus? I've never heard anything bad about auto-refresh websites, I'm just very cautious.

I've never had any server-disconnecting problems like this before, Chrome used to be fine keeping the page open all the time and Firefox was most likely to reset the page from what I've seen while using both browsers. What could have suddenly changed?

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 06:25:21 pm »
You could try opening a Chrome Incognito tab by opening up your regular Chrome and then pressing Ctrl+Shift+N. This will be a window of Chrome without any extensions or addons interfering. Log into the Play Game tab and see how long it keeps it open on the Incognito tab just to test it out and see if maybe it's addons doing it.

As for tab refreshers for Chrome, this is the one that I use and really like:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/super-auto-refresh/kkhjakkgopekjlempoplnjclgedabddk?hl=en

If nothing seems to be working, try clearing out your browser's cache and cookies. There are instructions as to how to do that in Chrome here:
https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic#chrome

Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.