Author Topic: Map ground yellow and green stripes?  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Fearo

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Map ground yellow and green stripes?
« on: August 24, 2012, 09:47:21 am »
SOOO, yeah. New here, new to the game. Just a down right dirty n00b. But I've come to accept this fact. But what I haven't come to accept is.. THE YELLOW AND BLACK GROUNDS ON MAPS. -Rage flip keyboard- Ahem.. Anywho. yeah, downloaded a few maps, some map's grounds are yellow and black stripes. Then in other maps I've downloaded, they look fine. Something's weird about it.. I don't like it, I considered just dealing with it, but it got kind of annoying. So can anyone help out? I probably did something wrong, not blaming this on anyone but myself. Heh, but yeah. Thanks and I hope the issue can be solved. If you need further information like the name of the maps that do it, just ask.

Okay so, the picture below is in the map called "Wilderness" And this is what the ground looks like. And as you can see, all other objects are just fine! I am running windows 7 PC. FH+. file:///C:/Users/Danni/Pictures/thatyellowground.PNG
not every feeling is a universal fact

SoulRevenge

Re: Map ground yellow and green stripes?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 10:30:48 am »
Some maps are meant for FH+, and not FeralHeart.
This is probaly why it's yellow and blackeh.

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 11:52:10 am »
I don't know what happened to the screenie you said you would post.. But I had the exact same issue witht eh same map "Wilderness". It only has to do with missing terrain textures.
Blacki may be right in saying some of the maps may have been made for FH+, or the maker of the map forgot to include the extra terrain files int he download. You could contact the map makers and ask them what terrain(s) were used then look in your terrain and textures folders in both FH and FH+ folders and see if you have them. If it's in the FH+ terrains and textures (Under media), then you could just copy paste to your FH folder, in the right folders of course.

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 12:02:35 pm »
Try re installing FH it may just be you are missing some terrain textures. Also make sure that if the custom maps have custom textures you place them in the right file. This can be the cause of the texture-less ground.
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

Offline Fearo

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 08:12:51 am »
I don't know what happened to the screenie you said you would post.. But I had the exact same issue witht eh same map "Wilderness". It only has to do with missing terrain textures.
Blacki may be right in saying some of the maps may have been made for FH+, or the maker of the map forgot to include the extra terrain files int he download. You could contact the map makers and ask them what terrain(s) were used then look in your terrain and textures folders in both FH and FH+ folders and see if you have them. If it's in the FH+ terrains and textures (Under media), then you could just copy paste to your FH folder, in the right folders of course.

I see, I see. I have FH+. Or I believe I do anyways..
not every feeling is a universal fact

Offline LasVagas

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • Screw you guys, i'm going home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 11:17:03 am »
It means that there is no texture under the name in which it was ment to be on. This may happen with objects, like plants, in this case, they would turn white. Download the map into FH+, if you have it because it may only be ment for there. Also, maps would have: 'For feralheart+ only', if it was made for Feralheart+. Look into were you got the map from so you can see which version of Feralheart it is ment to be in.

Dooooooooood.