Author Topic: Why did he go?  (Read 9966 times)

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
Re: Why did he go?
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 03:14:20 am »
I dunno why he left, and losed interest to the incredible game he have created. But I think he's an incredible person for finding the ability and possibility to create such greatness.

Now I just got this question in me derpy brain. These titles that you notice before the login screen:

Yes, these.
Are these programs, or maybe companies that probably still exists, which KovuLKD worked with/used to create this fantastic game?
Maybe, if all of us Feral Heart people, tried to be like KovuLKD, use these, and create a whole new game like Feral Heart?
I am defenitely positive, that we all know there's for example Ringo and Delay, who can make meshes and items, and probably models, and Bawfle could be an incredible concept art artist, and, Brokami, yea, many of us floofs know how much of a computer genious that floof is! Brokami created a whole Feral Heart mod by himself which the whole FH community seems to highly appreciate, Brokami could be a good developer for the new Feral Heart game, he could help the whole FH community create a whole new FH game if he wanted to!
Do you guys know what I mean?
Please tell me this is a great possibility. O_o I dream big sometimes.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 03:40:57 am by ?Ellen? »
doing what i feel like

Offline papayatoot

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • papayatoot
    • papayatoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 03:36:58 am »
and the rest of us who aren't artists or game designers raise money for a kickstarter! Yeah, it's totally possible, but the staff would all have to be down for it. They could put together a team of concept artists and animators and we could knock it out by next year. Warriorstrike the forum ninja is probably going to see this in about .0002 seconds, so we'll see.

Offline papayatoot

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • papayatoot
    • papayatoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 03:39:38 am »
Yeah I think about this and people say "we can't get into contact with him" but like smh are y'all even trying? go call him up, call up his friends, knock on his doors (lmao jk)

But what I actually want to know is if the guy abandoned his game and didn't plan on returning or working on it ever again, why didn't he leave the source code so other people who still cared about it could? Or he could make a copy of the game so his original work could be saved and then another version could also be developed? Isn't it the same deal with IT? like come on if he had left the code, this came could literally be Aro'Kai.

I agree with papayatoot. The staff should make a better effort to contact him, if they haven't already. Keep trying. The source code is obviously a necessary piece of FH, and it could greatly help us expand.

Not trying to be pushy, but it would help. We can try lol??

Are you assuming we aren't trying hard enough? xD Cause it seems like you are.

I've spoken directly with LKD already and even his friends and LKD has made it apparent that he is not parting with the source code. He hasn't made it clear why he doesn't want to give up the source code yet nor if he ever will. He is a busy man. He doesn't seem to have much interest in Feral Heart anymore. It's not the Feral Heart staffs' problem if he isn't decided with what to do with his game. We are just here keeping the community alive and running in his absence. We're not here to force him to do anything he doesn't want to do with his own game.

So yeah. Staff has made efforts to speak with him in all ways... It's KovuLKD who wants nothing to do with Feral Heart as of now. You guys are free to go try and reach him yourselves if you think it so necessary.

I was just rambling playfully. I didn't mean that staff wasn't trying; I know that they have and still are. I was just illustrating my enthusiasm for said source code X3

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 03:51:11 am »
You know I like all of your attitudes but to be honest I can't speak for the rest of the staff. We are a small team of mostly old busy folks. I don't know how possible it would be for us to just whip up a new game from scratch but I'm not saying that it hasn't been considered either ^^ For the time being though Feral Heart still has a close place in our hearts and we intend to stick loyally by the community and maintain Feral Heart for however long that we can. There is no sure answer as to what awaits in the future but who knows maybe we could consider the development of a new project one day. I'm not going to gurantee anything though, wouldn't want to get anyone overly excited when no such plans have been made yet if at all. We do appreciate your interest and that you guys would support us if the project did arise.

Speaking for myself, I truly would love to see Feral Heart evolve further even if in the form of a new game with its likeness ^^

Offline Ellen11v

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 04:06:41 am »
You know I like all of your attitudes but to be honest I can't speak for the rest of the staff. We are a small team of mostly old busy folks. I don't know how possible it would be for us to just whip up a new game from scratch but I'm not saying that it hasn't been considered either ^^ For the time being though Feral Heart still has a close place in our hearts and we intend to stick loyally by the community and maintain Feral Heart for however long that we can. There is no sure answer as to what awaits in the future but who knows maybe we could consider the development of a new project one day. I'm not going to gurantee anything though, wouldn't want to get anyone overly excited when no such plans have been made yet if at all. We do appreciate your interest and that you guys would support us if the project did arise.

Speaking for myself, I truly would love to see Feral Heart evolve further even if in the form of a new game with its likeness ^^
Thank you, Sura. <3 It's good to see that you like how I'm thinking. I also like what you say. :)
doing what i feel like

Offline Allari101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • little-kitteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 04:16:15 am »
I realized I came off that way, but I didn't mean to.

What would be the point of him keeping it? it sounds like you're defending him when there's no good reason to be keeping the code for himself. if he's not going to do anything more with FH, he should at least take the time to let the community grow elsewhere.

Yes I am grateful the game still exists, but it sounds selfish and stubborn to me. No offence.

- -

I support you Ellen! Wow, that sounds like an amazing idea! What animals would we use however, and would it be apporaite to make it so similar to FH, despite the fact the staff don't own it? I like FH how it is, and I don't know if I'd want to venture away from it. But great idea!

In-game user is Allari101

Offline Queen_Innocent

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 04:24:35 am »

What would be the point of him keeping it? it sounds like you're defending him when there's no good reason to be keeping the code for himself. if he's not going to do anything more with FH, he should at least take the time to let the community grow elsewhere.

Yes I am grateful the game still exists, but it sounds selfish and stubborn to me. No offence.

- -

I support you Ellen! Wow, that sounds like an amazing idea! What animals would we use however, and would it be apporaite to make it so similar to FH, despite the fact the staff don't own it? I like FH how it is, and I don't know if I'd want to venture away from it. But great idea!

I'd think about making it really similar, except for makings add-ons and fixing bugs that everyone's been groaning about since day one. I'd think it mildly appropriate, and the staff may get jobs on the improved FH if it would work.

But, with all things, opinions count. c;

Offline Ellen11v

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2015, 04:29:35 am »
It was mostly a big question about what those titles/companies on the screenshot were about, but Thank you, I appreciated it! :)
doing what i feel like

Offline RaventheVerewolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Thanks to EpicWolfie for av
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2015, 05:32:01 am »
To be fair to KovuLKD, if I put the time and effort into making a game, I sure wouldn't want to hand off my code
Thank you so much to babystrit for my awesome sig

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2015, 11:50:50 am »

- -

Ah yes I totally understand your feelings. I don't know his reasons for keeping the source code either. Maybe he just doesn't want to feel like he is giving up on Feral Heart even if he has lost interest. He did put a lot of effort into his game so even still it may be hard with him to accept the concept of conpletely parting with his material and giving someone else control and say over it. Or perhaps KovuLKD is unsure as to whether he wants to return to Feral Heart or not. Then there's also the idea that maybe he thinks that no one else should have it because they may change the game in a way that he dislikes or strays from his original vision.

Some bad folks try to spread rumors that its Raz but when you really use logic then why would he allow Raz to continue running the game and not ask him to shut it down in the first place? Others will make up lies and say it's because he never wanted moderators on Feral Heart, another lie which he himself stated. I'm sure LKD has some reason for keeping his source still. I do wish he would be more open with the staff with it though. I feel like Feral Heart has a lot of wasted potential because of this. I've tried to reason with him and some of his close friends on numerous occasions but they all really are hard to even talk to or reach in the first place. When you do catch them they avoid delvining deep into any Feral Heart conversation or source code stuff. It just seems like they've moved on from Feral Heart or have thrown it in the back burner for now.

I honestly can say we've tried everything to get the source code even so much as offering him payment but the man really doesn't want to part with it yet if at all. Regardless of how much we feel and know that Feral Heart deserves updates and fixes we can't force LKD to hand over the code. We can all just hope that one day he will change his mind for the better. Until then we staff will continue to stand by what's left of his creation and keep the community alive with or without updates.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 11:54:01 am by LordSuragaha »