Author Topic: Alphabet's Mod Ideas  (Read 3390 times)

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Alphabet's Game/Mod Ideas
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 07:20:59 pm »
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 07:23:10 pm by Alphabet »

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Alphabet's Mod Ideas
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 07:47:02 pm »
I had actually converted them myself earlier this year before I knew Slycan had done this as well. Regardless, I did download the models provided by Slycan yesterday to see if there was any difference. I haven't thoroughly checked it out yet though. I'm wondering if we might've found and used the exact same plugin to convert them... Lol.

I'll have to start messing with them and see what I can do. And yes, please! If animations are missing, then I'll want to know them.

As for the boundaries, only if I want the person to explore certain areas and not the entire map (for personal maps of course). And a custom mesh would save having tons of boundary boxes since I'm thinking of oddly shaped areas. If it works out the way I want it to, I could make a tutorial so people will be able to create a custom boundary mesh for their own maps.

The missings are the same for each, lol. Let me know if your converted model stretches ingame.. I would love to make canine animations that don't look wonky haha
Call1 (Roar/howl), Dance1 Dance2 and Dance3, Stretch, and finally CurlTransit and CurlIdle
I think you can figure out which animation is which, right?
And ah that makes a lot more sense, it seems like a cool idea! I wish you luck with the rest of your things too.

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Alphabet's Mod Ideas
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 07:50:46 pm »
I'll move this over to the "Other Mods/Creations" board since this topic seems more of a creation reminder/something to expect in the future, rather than actually suggesting new for the game.

Ah, thank you. Would I have to reuse this thread when I make all of these modifications instead of creating a new one? I'm just not sure if I'm allowed to have two threads on this board.

As was mentioned before, we don't have the source code, so any ingrained part of the maps cannot be changed, unless you create a modification for others to download.

Yes, I do know that. But I'm not going to need the source code for any of this. And the map ideas only include objects. It's not that fancy of a mod... It's just a simple work around. Very very simple.

Not to be rude or anything, but am I allowed to ask future commenters not to mention the source code anymore? I'm not new to this. I've been in and out of all the codes that ARE available and I know what I'm up against. Yes, I know that nobody can do anything about the source codes. Nobody is going to have to do anything with them. I'm actually finding it kind of funny that it's only being mentioned with my map ideas, which have absolutely nothing to do with coding other than materials, and not the fact that I'm trying to make mirrors and items that change with the character color sliders.

To answer the first part of your question, you could choose to use this thread to also hold your upcoming creations, but creating a new thread would be alright, since this current one can be seen as a place to toss around ideas. It might be more tidy to keep it in one thread, though. In fact, depending on the number and variety of what you end up uploading, this board could be an option, as well.

I don't believe the point was that your creations couldn't be made without a source code, but that the original board that you posted this topic in (Game Opinions & Ideas) is a place to suggest new things to be changed in the game, essentially, in a game update. This did not seem to be your intention of the thread, however, and so I moved it here, so others wouldn't be confused, and so that your thread could be seen as ideas and plans that you have to offer. I hope this clears a few things up. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.