Author Topic: Mate & Adoption centers  (Read 6277 times)

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: Mate & Adoption centers
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 08:40:16 am »
Remember bout 2 years back I ended up adopting 5 pups o-o, lasted for a month then I never heard from em again.

Well hej,
A month isn't as bad. Some don't even last a few days so at least you got to experience the moment while it lasted.
Rarely see that case nowadays <':

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 02:17:18 pm »
Remember bout 2 years back I ended up adopting 5 pups o-o, lasted for a month then I never heard from em again.

Well hej,
A month isn't as bad. Some don't even last a few days so at least you got to experience the moment while it lasted.
Rarely see that case nowadays <':

None of mine lasted for longer than five hours.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Hakumi

• Honored Hero
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2017, 01:00:44 am »
None of mine lasted for longer than five hours.

Oh wow, Lol.
I think the first time I ever adopted a kit for the fun of it.. it lasted for about a couple of days.
After that they ended up growing up and that was that. Hah.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 04:21:50 am »
Oh wow, Lol.
I think the first time I ever adopted a kit for the fun of it.. it lasted for about a couple of days.
After that they ended up growing up and that was that. Hah.
I think most of mine died of unknown causes.

Although if memory serves, I did raise this one pup, who.. Grew up in 30 minutes and proceeded to try and select me at a mate center.
It was very amusing.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Saba

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Not much to say really
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2017, 03:09:21 pm »
My pups lasted for a year :) I remember roleplaying together almost every single day with multiple characters both mine and their. Sadly, we are no longer in contact becouse of life events and big update. I also miss mate center, I had fun trolling around. My mate also became a friend to me, also lasted for over a year. Good old times.. I do miss the memories but the update gave the game a brand new light.
I think it's time to go for greener pastures.

Offline Hakumi

• Honored Hero
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2017, 06:05:17 pm »
I think most of mine died of unknown causes.

Although if memory serves, I did raise this one pup, who.. Grew up in 30 minutes and proceeded to try and select me at a mate center.
It was very amusing.

What a circle there.... Lol.
Also, @WhereSunRises surprisingly, there was a whole MC session last night my time ( EST ) at around like...
sometime pass 7pm ( ? )

I was surprised it actually lasted as long as it did.. Lol. But it's nice to have these little memories of le ol' times B>

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2017, 12:01:07 am »
In Bonfire, I remember there was once this user whom adopted at least 10-12 people, myself included. Everyone ran around the map, and it was quite a fun time. Not so much recently, but on occasions after that event, I would see this user around the maps and have a small chuckle at the silly circumstances that occurred. Fun times. <3

Regarding both Mate Centers and Adoption Centers, their numbers are a bit fewer compared to the ones a few years ago, although I do see Mate Centers from time-to-time (Adoption Centers, not so much). I saw a MC just this evening, in fact. c: The Mate Centers and Adoption Centers both began with a person deciding to be imaginative and to create something new out of the Feral Heart experience, and it eventually became something that users new to Feral Heart soon become knowledgable of. The more people who take initiative to create MC and AC characters will give it the potential to sustain and become more commonplace. Since the majority of MCs and ACs originated in Bonfire Island, the renovation/replacement of the map may have dispersed some of the ideas that were popular in that area, so perhaps it will take a bit of effort and innovation from the users that still recall those FH user-inspired concepts to instill the concepts in areas of the new maps.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 12:03:10 am by Warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Wiley

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • audioxi
    • Audioxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2017, 07:04:04 pm »
I didn't really enjoy them. I never hated them, but I always figured it took the fun out of getting a mate/child in a roleplay, and I also thought that it didn't encourage improvement when it came to roleplaying. Of course, this is my opinion, and I'm not bashing anyone who enjoyed them-- I just never really liked the idea myself.
((not to mention it always seemed to be a hotspot for mate beggars, and it was rare to find someone who shared the "literate" roleplay style, so I tended to avoid them))

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2017, 04:02:30 am »
I myself never really cared much for the "match maker" stuff that I see on many games, though I do find the adoption stuff useful back when I use to play this one game a close friend of mine "adopted" this one girl and would treat her like she was her daughter, I acted like an uncle to the girl since me and my friend considered each other brother and sister. We actually had somewhat of a little family on that game made up of our friends and it was actually kind of fun and it was nice to have.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 04:04:36 am by ShadowMT13 »

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2017, 04:13:54 am »
mate and adoption centers have become such an iconic thing in the game i grew to like them. i don't have a lot of good lasting memories with them though, i just watched them 90% of the time.

i just saw a mate center a couple days ago. they're getting a bit more common.