Author Topic: Moments in Time  (Read 2714 times)

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
Moments in Time
« on: September 07, 2016, 04:33:49 pm »
So, basically, I went for a walk at 4 in the morning really far out on the beach for no particular reason. And it's the most weirdest, odd feeling, being awake at that time when everyone else is asleep and you're so far away from everything. It's almost this sensation of floating. It's like this timeless moment where nothing else exists except you and the moment, it's extremely surreal.
And it got me thinking about all the times I've had these surreal moments, which there have been a few, and it just gives me the oddest feeling even thinking about these times.

So this is a smol list of these moments.
  -Very far out on a quiet beach at 4 in the morning
  -In the middle of a quiet forest with no one else around (Bonus! - At night)
  -Walking through a large, open field early in the morning
  -Leaving a very loud room and moving into a quiet room nearby, in which you can still hear the muffled sounds of activity
  -Being in a dead quiet room that is normally loud
  -Waiting at a large, quiet train station on your own

So what about you guys? Have you ever experienced these odd moments, and if so, what were they?
I personally really enjoy these moments, it's just so surreal and I feel like nothing else exists, my mind wanders freely and I'm not usually stressed in the moment. It's like a small, weird escape from reality.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 04:36:09 pm by kiaz1st »

Offline Senrova

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 62
  • wootwoot
    • SwiftySwoo
    • View Profile
Re: Moments in Time
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 05:44:19 pm »
I'm not sure if I have experienced this myself but I probably have but forgotten about it because I can certainly imagine it. I'm an atheist but I strongly believe in souls and I suppose you could call them ghosts? These surreal moments sound a lot like something my dad described to me. He used to be a bodyguard, once he had a terrible accident and died afterwards. He told me he saw my older sister Jasmine. Apparently the scene was quite beautiful, and my dad was at peace. The moment Jazz turned her head to look at him was the moment he was resurrected on life support.

So anyway, this reminds me of that.

Signature by LuCiiPeR via dA ;D

Please check out my deviantArt: http://swiftyswoo.deviantart.com/

Offline CosmoFursi

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • . steal my starbucks and i'll steal your soul
    • SSFireWolf
    • channel/UC4pX64nRbfEuRcBaNlVxlJw
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 05:58:04 pm »
i have these a lot, actually. some of them include:

~waking up at 4am every night and sitting there in my room
~putting on my noise canceling headphones and playing music
~going in the backyard (rarely lol) and watching birds fly around
~being alone in a room and petting my cat
~being alone in general
~when i'm recording for my youtube, actually

wow now that i think about it i have a ton of these moments

Offline Siarczek

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Friendly Neighborhood Environmental Scientist
    • siarczek
    • siarczek-art
    • siarczki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 07:00:47 pm »
I have these types of moments a lot, but I think the most prominent experience was when I went to college at 7 AM for a chemistry final. It was dark and silent and the entire campus was basically empty- it was the most surreal thing I've ever experienced, almost peaceful in a way. Had to keep reminding myself that I wasn't dreaming.

OCs | Art | [url=https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=62880.n

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 07:18:14 pm »
Aye, I 'ave this feeling practically all the time f'er the past four-five plus years. Ever since I moved into the apartment I live in currently, things 'ave always seemed distant. I'm always here working and the only company I truly 'ave are m'cats and miscellaneous small pets. I don't get out much, so I guess I can be called a real life hermit/recluse. Hopefully things will change soon, once I move out of here into a nice suburb with friendly neighbors.

But yeah, right now 'tis just me and the world, and m'cats. ;v;

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 08:08:13 pm »
I myself have these moments a lot. I'm a nightowl, so when my parents go to bed, the house can be extremly quiet and I just sit there and bask in it sometimes. It's quite nice really. I don't really go outside much during these moments though because...well in the country there are all kinds of things that would like to snack on ye. xD

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 09:35:41 pm »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 12:33:13 am »
I really like this topic. The idea that every now and then we experience a sort of "surreal" moment is very fascinating. It's interesting to how different people experience these moments and what causes them to experience them.

A few of mine are:

-Sleeping without any background noise. I usually sleep with some sort of fan or music playing, so in those few times where I'm not able to create any consistent sound, my mind tends to wander.
-Visiting familiar places, (nostalgic places, perhaps) or places that you've never been to but somehow feel familiar.
-Being awake when most people around are asleep. I suppose this goes for waking up early, as well.
-Taking walks when it's typically quiet around. I haven't done this for some time, but it was really a nice part of the day where you could have time to think without any distractions. It almost felt a bit lulling.
-Sitting in a part of the room that you don't usually sit/stand around. It feels familiar, yet a bit out-of-place at the same time.
-Playing or listening to a song that allows you to dip away from reality for a little while.
-Tracking stars and planets and going outside and looking at them/seeing if you can find them. I used to do this a while ago, and it was very relaxing due to the calm atmosphere of nighttime and being able to search for something, at the same time.

I suppose being somewhere that is unusually quiet when it's often busy can be quite the surreal experience, as well. I think this goes for Feral Heart, too- sometimes if you wake up at odd hours of the day, you can find yourself in the middle of a usually-crowded area alone and it's a very interesting feeling.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 12:36:35 am »
Ooo I love these, they are all brilliant examples. I can almost imagine being in each scenario.

I'm also pretty relieved I'm not the only one that gets these moments xD

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 12:40:21 am »
At summer I had the all time late sleeping problem where I'd wake up and just sit there trying not to wake up my mom but this once happened because some random song just stopped me from sleeping because it was so beautiful like tomorrow wasn't coming