Author Topic: Character Copys?  (Read 2256 times)

Offline F3rr3tLov3r

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Character Copys?
« on: November 11, 2011, 05:45:00 pm »
What do you think about people with the same character name or same markings? Truly I think some people over react. The markings designed by Feral Hearts are copy righted to them not to you.The name sits me off a little bit because it's not like your going to city hall and copyright the name? For now I say leave it. But I want other people opinion.What do you think about Character and Name stealing?   
.3. Hi

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
Re: Character Copys?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 07:37:38 pm »
Stealing of any nature is annoying. Markings and designs that you use, but not created personally by you, is not stealing, since it does not belong to you. Names that already exist (Ivy, Pearl, Luna...) is also not stealing if someone has the same name. Stealing something from somebody else's imagination is, however, theft.

It is a downside to the internet, for sure.

Offline Wavedancer

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 01:52:21 pm »
No one 'owns'  colors and patterns on FH. Its free to anyone. But it does irritate me seeing about five other wolves walking around that look exactly like me.
The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

shadowwolf123

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 02:40:32 pm »
Yeah people do usually over-react about name.
But i don't really mind to much.

Offline DarkendStride

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Got herbs?
    • View Profile
    • Meh Youtube channel~ <3
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 03:15:51 pm »
No one person may "Own" the markings or colors in FH. But, the design of the character and the name is copyrighted to you as it is a original creation. Sure, you could contest that also; But, either way, stealing someone's name and design just makes you a real jerk and you really shouldn't be playing FH if you're out to do things like this.

My opinion,
~Kekitan

Clarification:
FH Design: Mark1, Mark2, Mark3, Mark4, Ect.
These can sometimes be based off actual character designs that came out of someone else's imagination in one way or another, making it a original work. So, not the actual specific marking design is copyrighted to them; But, the placement,  and patterns made, and colors used are.

Hope that helped.~
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 03:20:56 pm by Kekitan »
This is not the wolf you are looking for.~ - Waves paw -

Offline Dubstep.Freak

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: -2
  • Letz.See.How.Much.Negative.Karma.I.Get!!
    • View Profile
    • Cafe of Paradise
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 03:20:51 pm »
I agree wit Kekitan. Though the markings itself might not be yours and shiz, the character itself is yours, THAT'D be stealing. And it really urks people who have spent a while on their character (Not making it, I mean coming up with the CHARACTER itself) and someone goes off to steal them, believe it or not people will stalk others to find out more about their charrie to lerally even copy that. Now THAT is going a bit to far, but there rly is aways a way out of this if it rly bothers ppl.... Block/Report. Solved, no? :] (Ppl can go to jail for this, so the steps are nessacary *Excuse my types.. ]: * )

~Freak.Accident|Dubstep.Freak
..?'?????????????..