Author Topic: Okay. This may seem like a bit of a rant, but...  (Read 2244 times)

-ToTheArk

Okay. This may seem like a bit of a rant, but...
« on: October 09, 2012, 07:18:43 pm »
Why do people on FH find the need to be so...Rude?
Now, I don't mean everyone.
There are a lot of nice friends here and there.
But I guess for some reason, I just attract the bad part.
This is why I left in the first place: People don't know how to be nice.
Sure, they could have a nicer side.
But is it really necessary to be so nasty to the people who try to talk to you? Who just want to be your friend?

Let me tell you a story.
Call me stupid, but I still haven't gotten over it.

I was in a group. A Hetalia group.
It was a lot of fun, we had some stupid, funny moments.
But I went to three of the people in the group.
I said hi and such, introduce them to one of my best friends. Of course, I trusted her a lot. (I don't actually know what happened to her, to be honest.)
They said 'Hello' and such. Seemed like just saying hey to not be rude.
A bit after talking to them, I had to go take a shower and go to bed, being a school night.
My friend was sitting in the back, she didn't really have any interest in them.
So I leave.
The next day, I get a Note on deviantART from my friend.
Which basically said:
"You know those friends of yours you were talking to last night?
Well, right after you left, they started talking about you behind your back, saying stuff like
'Wow way to ruin a conversation' and 'Glad they left, just ruined everything'.

I could give you names. But I'm not that cruel, even if I am as upset as you can see.

I trusted her a lot. She was my closest friend back then.
Of course, I was a little bit depressed for the following week.
I didn't expect it, really. Some people I considered to be my closest friends, didn't want to be my friend at all.

So, there's my sob story. Sure, maybe I was a bit annoying. I was a lot younger. But that still doesn't give them the right to be so rude, talking behind my back no less.
I should have expected as much. They didn't seem very happy around me to begin with.

So. Hopefully you get my point.
Sorry for having feelings, sorry for being an idiot.
I'm just really upset right now.

ImTooPuffy

Re: Okay. This may seem like a bit of a rant, but...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 10:21:59 pm »
You will never be able to stop people making rude, insensitive, mean, nasty or negative remarks. What you do have is the choice as to how you react to such negativity. You can either get hooked into it and become upset, defensive or angry in response, or you can leave the emotion with the other person and stay calm, positive and in control.

Have a goal to aim for. Decide that you don't want to react. It means you are clear as to what you are trying to do. It's no good getting upset and then wishing you hadn't, afterwards. Instead, remind yourself from the start that you're going to keep cool.

Comments that you might perceive as rude, insulting, or negative are only destructive if you accept them as such. You don't have to accept a put-down. You can deflect it back, ignore it or laugh about it. When you do this the power of the put-down disintegrates. In contrast, when you take a comment personally, get upset by it or become angry you are handing your power over to the other person and giving power to the put-down.

Don't let their negative rude behavior affect your positive attitude and your happiness level.. D;
They're simply jealous. c; I promise.

Offline morallydefunct

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Brother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 10:27:32 pm »
There we are,that post explains it all.I mean,you can't remove all of the bad people from Earth,it's kinda how we are.That's one of my dreams but some people are going to be haters and you know what they are.Sorry that these people are acting like this towards you,I've dealt with some pretty mean guys..and gals.Forget them,have fun on the game and enjoy it.Don't let them bring you down.How about we be friends?Give you a fresh start from Feralheart.But anyhoo,just block them and continue your business.When I was a derpling,I had people be rude to me since I was new.But,I ignored them and became the person I am today.~Starrie <33
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:31:53 pm by PieStar »

>mfw i see internet arguments

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 10:55:20 pm »
I wonder what Hetalia group that is, cuz I know my friends and they don't sound like that (Cuz trust me, there are a LOT of Hetalians on here, I being one of them. Not all Hetalians are bad btw.)

Yes, people are rude. It's upsetting. I mean, I'm not on all the time, but I do manage to find the nice people. It's like people going anonomously onto those websites (Like Tumblr) who go and say mean shiznits like "you're ugly" "No one likes you" "Go die" Etc. It's not okay and anyone going thru that doesn't disserve that. Personally, I don't know WHY people can be like that? It's just stupid and really messed up.

I'm sorry this happened to you. It's not right. This game was ment for fun and friend making. Not this. The best thing like PieStar said is ignore and block. And if it does become to bad, then contact a mod.

Also, the best thing is honesty. If you don't want to rp or hang out with someone, one should say so. And that person should understand. I have it bad because I get constantly talked to by these 2 people who really like my maps Glen Isle and Spancil Hill. I don't have the heart to tell them to go away or anything. But if I'm role-playing with a friend or exploring a map, or even recording for a video, I tell them. I tell them my replies will be late and such. Hopefully they understand (I mean they say okay and everything but still) That's some things people should really get. Honesty and understanding that honesty.

That's all I have to say. I hope it wasn't too bad for you.

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline Tessel.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • and this time, we're gonna get funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 11:00:04 pm »
You will never be able to stop people making rude, insensitive, mean, nasty or negative remarks. What you do have is the choice as to how you react to such negativity.

I agree. You'll just have to deal with them or block them. If it gets worse, report and screenshot it to a moderator. Anywho, I hope things clear up for you.

By the way.... ToTheArk = Masky D: From MarbleHornets (Love those Entrys)

Siggy and avi by me. PM me if you need anything, friends.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 04:03:49 pm »
I see how this would upset you, I mean, it'd upset me too if I were you.. This being one of the things I am scared of when it comes to the different groups I socialize with.

Sadly you can never know what another person is thinking or feeling, at least not to 100%. You can never know for sure, without asking, if you're somehow annoying someone.

People are mean, that's something I learned when I was very young. Don't let it get to you.
Don't waste your time on people who 'steal' energy from you. Focus on the ones who give.
If people don't like you for you, they aren't worth the bother.
RETIRED.