Author Topic: Does No One Read The Rules?  (Read 3674 times)

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Does No One Read The Rules?
« on: May 20, 2013, 08:57:22 pm »
Hi guyz, I just got in FH on on general people were saying how no one seems to read the rules. Now, when I found out about FH I read the rules and the manual over and over and over again (Probably 'cuz I was bored and really excited to download the game :P) And when I said that in general two people said that they hadn't even read the rules yet and one of the MODS said I deserved a cookie c8 But, why does no one read the rules? I mean, they're there for a reason so... Why doesn't anyone read them? Umm... End of rant I guess...

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Does No One Read The Rules?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 09:08:43 pm »
Usually most users are young kids and as most kids do with any new toy or game they don't read the directions. Also alot of users are just soo excited to play the game that often the only time they have ever really spent on the forum was to create an account and they never come back again. If more users would spend more time on the forum they would probably read the rules. Alot of people also just don't think that it's important to read the rules or directions to anything... often it's just carelessness and lack of interest. Most users probably assume that since it's just a game that there is no need to take rules and proper conduct seriously.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 09:27:40 pm »
Actually i found out about this game 3 days before i joined. But now that i think about it I think I read the rules because I was so excited one making an account and playing the game that I wanted to do something that was FeralHeart related. And I like spending time on the forums c8 it's my after school thing. I get to socialize with my best floofies and chat about FH c8 You do have a point, but people should still read the rules nonetheless. I was watching YouTube videos of someone and his kids on FH and he got banned because he broke a rule he didn't know existed. It shows you that you should alway read, the rules, no matter how boring.

Preset Download

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 09:34:33 pm »
Actually i found out about this game 3 days before i joined. But now that i think about it I think I read the rules because I was so excited one making an account and playing the game that I wanted to do something that was FeralHeart related. And I like spending time on the forums c8 it's my after school thing. I get to socialize with my best floofies and chat about FH c8 You do have a point, but people should still read the rules nonetheless. I was watching YouTube videos of someone and his kids on FH and he got banned because he broke a rule he didn't know existed. It shows you that you should alway read, the rules, no matter how boring.
Actually if literally everyone read the rules, there would be less reports to file when someone does break those rules.

But really there is a saying " You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink"

Meaning the rules are there for everyone to view, but really it all depends on the person to take this valuable information to good use.
I admit on my very first day on Feral Heart, the first thing I did was go straight to playing on game before rules. But now spending time here on the forums, you meet good people and learn more about this community as well. Forums are also kinda skipped as well since all the users want to really do is play the game.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 10:19:49 pm »
When I first downloaded the game, I read the rules. Usually if its a kids game, I read the rules and understand what I do right or what I do not right.

I agree with Lord here, If you get a toy, tablet, TV, laptop, etc and your excited that you are about to EXPLODE, ABOUT my estimate, 96% of the time, you do not read the directions.

So, I guess that might be the reason why. But just to advice for guests/new users reading this, read the rules monthly/weekly. I don't want the new floofs to be banned :u.

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 11:36:22 pm »
Well, I think another reason people don't read the rules is because it looks like a lot to read. I know that when I see something that looks long and boring I get turned off, and I become tempted to skim. But once you start reading it goes by quick. People are just lazy. xD

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 01:28:34 am »
I have to admit. I didn't read the rules until I heard someone did before they joined the game.
But I was like 9. Not knowing how to read, and I thought the rules looked complicated.
But I was banned probably once or not at all.
And people might get excited too about FH, because it might look fun and all. It does look fun, really.
I think others said everything else I'm saying above. ^^

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 01:38:16 am »
Yes, it is understandable but still.... The rules give you advice on how NOT to get banned. Your so excited about FH that you won't bother to read the rules which could be the key to not getting banned from your new favorite game?

Preset Download

BouncyLion101

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 02:16:14 am »
On every game, there's always going to be some people that don't read the rules first before playing.
It may be for different reasons, they're too excited to play the game,(As mentioned above) they don't think they can memorize all those rules, they don't really care about the rules.

You can't really stop those people from not reading the rules.
Unless there were some kind of test before people could register an account that confirmed they read the rules, there will always be people that don't read the rules.
Yes, it can be very annoying at times to see people that haven't even bothered to read the rules.
All we can do is to kindly tell them to at least skim over the rules or report them to a Moderator and let them handle it.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 11:54:50 am »
Thank The Lord we have the block button and the ability to ban people who are breaking the rules

Preset Download