Author Topic: Things against Demon Chars?  (Read 7464 times)

Offline Moonwolf678

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Came back after a millenia.
    • View Profile
Things against Demon Chars?
« on: July 10, 2013, 05:52:44 pm »
Personally i would like to say that I have NOTHING against people playing demons.

I have a female demon wolf char named Crow

Though there are a lot who hate the idea. I LOVE being a demon wolf and stuff.

discuss.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 05:57:10 pm by Kioth_ByHeart? »
I need a new signature.

Offline liontamer1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I wish
    • View Profile
Re: Things against Demon Chars?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 05:54:58 pm »
I think people have things against demon characters because there are so many of them, but I too, have a few "demon characters." But do not let them tell you what you can or can't do, just do whatever makes you happy.
\
Take me, I am not afraid

Offline Moonwolf678

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Came back after a millenia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 05:58:58 pm »
Yes but I like the idea so I am one of the so said "too many"

I actually have a lot more demons than Crow. but she is just my favorite.
I need a new signature.

Offline Kenji89

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 06:24:08 pm »
I have no problem with demon characters and have a few myself, actually. As long as the operator of the demon is literate and does not godmod and get TOO unrealistic, then I see no problem. Now, those that come up all "kills ur cub no miss eats it" are the kind that I totally hate. Those and the ones that take things too far. I'll give an example. 

I was in an RP hanging out in a den because my demon wolfess charrie can't be in the sun and she was resting there and there was a lion pride there. They let her stay as long as she didn't hurt any of the cubs and one of their kind thought it would be fun to be a demon too so went out and "got bitten" and started the change. Well, there were cubs there so I was protecting the pride's cubs as they were kind enough to let me stay without judgement. So, I started fighting this other demon and they had the abilities of "grabs you and throws you across the den into the wall shattering your skull" only much less literate than that. Now, I played along for the time being but it was just too much really. (No, my skull wasn't shattered, I was just knocked unconscious from the blow for a while) .

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 06:48:55 pm »
I don't really mind them, as long as they aren't like "Get out of my territory or I will devour your soul and drag you to hell!". I've run into a few that are a little over the top and role play unfairly, but I've made supernatural characters myself. So I might be one of the "too many" as well.

I don't really like how they are always jet black with red eyes and red markings, I prefer a bit of creativity. I make my supernatural characters look completely natural but add an odd feature like dull red eyes or something.

Offline snake_eyes

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 08:01:09 pm »
I've been thinking about making a demonic character. The concept itself seems cool, but it starts to get old once powerplayers begin godmodding and being illiterate.

All types of characters have their share of those kinds of roleplayers though, so it isn't that big of an issue. Demon characters can be really well thought and interesting.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 05:43:57 am »
I have nothing against demon characters. I don't have any kind of demon characters (since I prefer playing as realistic kind of characters), but I have roleplayed with some before. In fact, up in Sky's Rim, I recently did a roleplay duel between me and a demon character. It was a fair-played Wind Demon vs. Diamond Manticore battle. We were having fun with it, but didn't get to finish it since I had to log off.

The only thing I don't like is when people play as demon characters and they godmodd and powerplay.
Inactive

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 12:07:17 pm »
I personally see no problem with these characters. I'm often annoyed, however, with the concept that some users think all demons to be evil immediately. It's just a stereotype, and of course a demon can have good intentions, but some other players don't see it that way. I'm fine with them if they don't PowerPlay or autohit.

Offline JGree

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Dog's body, wolf's spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 02:51:24 pm »
I also have a demon character--a wolf named Hunson Abadeer (please don't laugh), but I tried to make him distinctly different from the "stereotypical" demon char. He has good intentions, does not eat souls or powerplay, and yet every time Hunson RPs with a group of pups/cubs and says something like, "Wonderful weather we're having, isn't it?", they always reply "Ur gonna kill us and eat us! EVIL!"
I guess some things will never change.
My opinion is shared by many others: Demon characters are fine, but it's annoying when the RP gets too unrealistic.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 02:54:54 pm by JGree »

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 03:30:06 pm »
I have nothing against Demon characters. I don't have any myself, the last time I tried to join a Demon rp I got powerplayed to death. But I know not all of them Godmod and such, I know some very responsible people who rp AMAZING Demons.

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'