Author Topic: Who/what made your main character?  (Read 7612 times)

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Who/what made your main character?
« on: December 26, 2013, 02:59:18 am »
I'm just curious of who or what is your character(s) developed from. For example, did someone make it, or did you just create it using the regular models, markings, etc.? I believe most characters are made from Preset Shops, or made by themselves, rather than the default colors, markings, etc. I'm struggling of what my main character should be from - preset or just from regular Feral heart offers?

Sorry I'm so nooby I have no idea what the regular/default markings, colors, etc. things are called. I have noo idea how to word my subject. ;u;

On a further note here is my character I'm thinking of having as my main charrie. Zireal has deceased...due to natural causes (and on personal reasons). ;v;

Images for Adro, main charrie

So, in conclusion who or what are your main characters made of? Did you make it or did someone else make the preset character for you? Is your character a preset, or made using Feral heart's default markings and colors?

ehehe i hope you understood my question
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 07:54:09 pm by OreoHeroz »

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Re: Who/what made your main character?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 03:09:27 am »
I wanted to make an OC that reminded me of myself... So...

I came up with my character, Ahkrin, on another game, then transferred her over to FeralHeart. Which explains why she suddenly became my OC. Now, how she came to be. Let's go back, into the beginning.

I was playing a game called "LittleBigPlanet 2", and on there, you're able to create a character. While I was doing that I suddenly created a black cat with blue eyes and a cyan scarf and an earring in her left ear. I named her Starry, after my FeralHeart username (Note: This was taking place about after I joined here). That's where it first began. I was originally playing around with colors, and eyes and all that jazz, and that's when it just sorta happened. Then, I created this other cat, a silver tabby with cyan eyes and scarf. I liked it, but I already had a "Starry" so she became another form of Starry. Specifically, the 'angel' version of her after she supposedly died.
But then a while later, once again, I started playing around with color combinations. That's where this black cat, with a white scarf, with black eyes came to be. Since her name was still Starry, I wanted to change it. But for some reason, I was too lazy to come up with another name. That was about the time I transferred her from that game to FeralHeart. It was FeralHeart, where I randomly decided to add the legbands. Still unsure of how that happened, but it did, and I'm glad. Now, some of you may have noticed that when I was first on her (after I got her preset), her name randomly changed from Starry to Ahkrin.
Off topic, since I'm an Elder Scrolls fan, I randomly stumbled upon this site called thuum.org, which is a website dedicated to the Dovahzul Language in the game. I decided to play around with some words in the translator and thats when I tried translating "Courage". The result was "Ahkrin". I liked it a lot since the word "Courage" matched her back story. Hence, why I stuck with it. For my other character, Rahzun, I translated "Soldier". And it was a complete coincidence that Rahzun worked as a soldier/military dog xD

Anyway, that was my inspiration.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 05:01:24 pm by ~Stargazer~ »

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 04:24:55 am »
My main character, Vespian, didn't suddenly emerge from the depths of my mind. His existence began due to my other main character that haunts him and is known to be a part of him, known as The Puppeteer. The Puppeteer used to be my only main character, and this dates back when he was alive, a mortal like most other ordinary individuals. Back then, his name used to be Lucifer Levian Secerator, younger brother to another character of mine named Rauven Vale Secerator. However, everyone called him Hatred due to the internal hate he felt towards every living thing around him. Hatred, or Hate for short, was a slave. His brother sold him out to a pack that only saw him as a puppet in their own demented game of torture and discrimination. He was imprisoned, he was used, for months he'd starve behind metal bars, alone, with no hope of escaping, rotting away in his own filth and despair. Freedom was nothing but a long lost dream to him. Due to his brother's betrayal, he soon saw everyone around him as another beast who uses others for their own gain, a traitor. Thus, resulted in a hatred that fueled a broken heart into darkness.
Now, this all happened within a roleplay I used to be in. When that roleplay failed due to reasons I will not say, I didn't just throw away Hatred. No. I kept him and entered him into another roleplay. I decided to state that Hatred escaped from his imprisonment, his overlords, that very day the roleplay fell to its knees. Thus, as he ran, he stumbled into a realm plagued with a disease that twisted his mind into that of madness, a victim of the psychosis. Which, gave him a cannibalistic lust for others of his own kind. It wasn't soon after that other mortals victimized by the disease began to join him, becoming known as the Noctis. Yet, with every disease comes death. When the roleplay he was in fell due to inactivity, I decided to let my character pass on, killed by the disease that rotted his very brain.

Though, due to the burdens that plagued him even then, he did not pass on to heaven nor hell. Instead, he was transformed into a creature, a demon, who mortals call The Puppeteer. Driven with the intention of forcing the same pain he felt during his life onto others, The Puppeteer attached itself to my current fursona now, Vespian, the minute he was born. Vespian grew up shrouded in shadows, tormented by the puppet demon that laughed every time he fell. It is due to this puphood that Vespian grew up as a madman, alienated from others due to his mental instability and horrendous temper that one may call erratic. At the same time, is the very reason he became my fursona.

Now ye' know. However, Vespian's appearance is based from a preset created by Ms. Carrow (via the forums). I wished to give him a more insane exterior to represent The Puppeteer's endless grasp upon his soul, using him like a puppet.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 04:28:54 am by Vespian »
gone

Offline peete

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Pineapples...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 06:03:03 am »
Well...I was messing around with the character creator, when I came up with this awesome shade of purple, and it looked like a "punk" color to me so I made a lion with black stripes and spiked mane....

Picture of him..

For the name I actually went online and searched "Names for purple lion" lol. I ended up getting results for purple dragons instead, and I found the name Draven... A lot of people think I got the name from League of Legends though I've never even heard of that :P. No real backstory...I'm still trying to think of one.

Been my main OC ever since...I have a ton of other characters, but I barely get on them because I'm always on Draven. Since he was one of my eariler characters, I use the default markings. My friend is making a preset for me though, but I probably won't use it much because I've gotten so use to the markings.

INACTIVE BECAUSE OF INTERNET ISSUES...

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 07:48:17 pm »
Hm, for some reason I can actually remember where I came up with Kiki. This was a long time ago, and I was derping around with the character creator (on my backup account... that I rarely use xD), and I basically came up with a purple version of Kiki (but with the super stripe markings) that I really liked. And since I no longer liked my previous fursona, AntiDeath, for whatever reason, I transferred her onto my main account, but just in different colors. I decided that I didn't like the way the super stripes looked with my teal color scheme, so I changed them to the markings I have now. And, I have been in love with her ever since<3
Farewell everyone<3

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 09:04:32 pm »
Mocha, came from the fact that my mom got a new coffee marker and the house smelled like fabulous coffee for a week straight. Besides, I love the brown/cream combo, and the yellow is quite pretty with it :3
She just stuck after awhile :P

As for her markings, I was doodling and just came up with them. So yeah, she has a preset.

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 10:19:48 pm »
Welp- we have Rii and Ravyn as my two main characters, Rii bring the mascot-ish one for now, but I'm starting to like Rav more due to her color scheme. I don't really have a backstory for them- derped around with designs and voila.

This is Ravyn's current design.

Rav

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 02:39:02 am »
Oooh, you all have such cool stories! Mine's not as good, but I'll share it anyway.

Well, back in the days of the original Impressive Title, I was mostly a RPer. Once I made friends, it felt weird to be talking to them on my rp characters, and I just learned about this thing called a fursona/OC. So, with only paper and colored pencils, at my disposal, I made my first OC that was supposed to be represent me, Kioko. She looked like this:

I made her using my knowledge of IT's markings, mane selections, and hairstyles. By the time I made her, though, IT got shut down, so I never actually got to make her ingame. I made her with those bright colors because those who I thought were the 'cool' people all had these fursonas with neon markings. I wore blue and black a lot, and always wanted my hair bright red, so she was a reflection of that.

Much, much, later, about 3 months into FH's run, I began to get annoyed with Kioko's bright colors, finally seeing her run around in a game. I decided she needed realistic colors, but I thought it would be weird to suddenly change her. So I had her change 'forms' when she got really sad, and she turned into this (on the right):

Two months later, I decided THAT was dumb, so I mixed the two together, toning down Kioko's bright colors (with the exception of her stripes) and giving her a white underbelly, and eventually a marking under her eye, so she looks now like this:

But then, as I grew older, Kioko's hyperactive personality no longer seemed to fit me. And her bright colors still bothered me, since I wore a lot more earthy tones now. So, with some inspiration from Delay making her fursona into two different Delays, I made the non-RPing Kioko that we all know and love today:

So, that's Kioko's journey! Not that interesting of a story, but still mine nonetheless.

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 07:59:58 am »
As I used to be known as Tasslet, I somehow began to get bored of her simple and unrealistic design.
Yet I didn't want to abandon the first fursona I had made.
However I decided to see if there was another design, perhaps a more realistic one, which I could like.
Lions seemed so plain and boring to my own eye, so I started experimenting with colours and markings.
Eventully I got the idea to turn it into a leopard.
Truth to be told. I didn't even like my little leopard Ressy in the beginning, but she grew on me. :3
The character obviously represents myself.

When I have role played, I've found it rather difficult to find a character that I can truly appreciate in RP.
I've always ended up changing their behaviour after time or grown tired of them.
My favourite one would of been Cinder.
A derpy, chestnut coloured little wolf with a pinecone obsession.
She kind of represents my own derpy side, and of such I can pull a more creative roleplay post.
RETIRED.

Offline Shenidan

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Me hoy minoy
    • zyvy-raen
    • corri132
    • zyvraen666
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 08:55:07 am »

Tis' is Skye, Its such a simple name but I started to love it, It started when I was new, I told myself to make a character with natural colors, and I did, but I enhanced her with lightblue marks so its would explain alot to her name, I made her myself though, but she is mostly in chibi forms because I made Skye to be cute and joyful, I make my OC's with my mind, although I think Skye has a story but I dont seem to remember it, Oh well..Toodles.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 08:57:06 am by Shenidan »

Signature by Sophie-Feathersong on dA

Find me ingame as ^Blurryface^