Author Topic: Why I Don't Like Asencion Island At All.  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Adorableness

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • PB&J Queen
    • View Profile
Why I Don't Like Asencion Island At All.
« on: May 18, 2015, 02:04:14 am »
I really don't like Acension Island. It's irritating. I climbed for a long time as a non-winged creature and I was nearly at the top. But I fell back down anyway and I slammed my hands on my keyboard. I came back as a winged creature and it didn't let me fly. The main reason is because, when you truly need wings to help you, it won't let you fly. I'd rather fly up than climb stairs for hours. I highly reccomend letting people fly here. It's really irritating.

Egg.avi

In-Game Name: Adorableness
Main FH Character: Cefen/Pastel Mint
Deviantart: http://pawstheprincesscat17.deviantart.com/

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVQhWg4pV1vtGcJZXsIsCCw

DreamerDay

Re: Why I Don't Like Asencion Island At All.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 02:09:36 am »
I really don't like Acension Island. It's irritating. I climbed for a long time as a non-winged creature and I was nearly at the top. But I fell back down anyway and I slammed my hands on my keyboard. I came back as a winged creature and it didn't let me fly. The main reason is because, when you truly need wings to help you, it won't let you fly. I'd rather fly up than climb stairs for hours. I highly reccomend letting people fly here. It's really irritating.
Once you reach a certain point of the jumping process, click b. Then go 'Home' and set your home. And whenever you fall, click b and click where it says 'Go home'. It would take you back to the same place before you fell. Hope this help.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 02:18:34 am »
im sorry

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 02:20:11 am »
The whole not having wings thing is the whole point. xD It's a challenge, a game. You're supposed to challenge yourself to make it up there and if you do manage to make it to the top your prize is to go into Sky's Rim (which is a really pretty map. ;o;) I love the feeling of finally making it to the very top. It's definitely something to do when you're bored or if you want to challenge yourself.

in-game: hooli

Offline Bluparrot

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 04:39:17 am »
Ascension Island is supposed to be a challenge. If they let people fly here, it would ruin the fun. I used to take every single one of my characters to Sky's Rim, and then bask in my victory. And, I find it cute how you didn't save your home and had to try again.

Shake it!
Blu Parrot - The Pokemon Fanbird of FeralHeart

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 04:46:22 am »
The challenge of climbing Ascension is only fun when it's your first few times going or you actually want to jump up the platforms. Once you're a seasoned player who just wants to get somewhere to meet someone or do something very quickly it gets annoying having to climb up there regardless if you use the set home option or not. This is a big reason why Ascension isn't a very busy map. Not all of us have all the time in the world to spare for Ascension. I don't like setting my home to Sky's Rim either... It would have been awesome if after players reached Sky's Rim once that they earned a quick portal there like a reward.

So yes Zowley... I agree with you there. After a while Ascension just becomes tedious
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 04:50:10 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline TheGrumpyCat

• Forum Newcomer
  • yasssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 02:17:57 pm »
Yes, i agree that climbing is annoying, but its a challenge. Im not against the idea of letting players fly there, but it wouldnt be as much fun, i get super irritated when i climb to Sky's Rim (Because i never use the 'Set Home' thing, because i think its kind of like cheating :I ), but when you make it to the top, its quite satisfying. The first few times are hard i know that, but doing it more than once after a while makes it easier, and takes up less time.

Offline anahel

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • the matrix has you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 07:51:20 am »
I agree with the wings idea. If you want a challenge, you could still do it without them. Right now, it  makes the maps too hard to get to unless you set your home there, and I like to keep mine to Lonely Cave so I don't get stuck anywhere (eg down the Ficho waterfall) It's a fun map, too. Just a little hard to access.

returning 2011 player on a new account. just trying to remember how it all works c:
avi from here

Offline XRiverRippleX

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 12:42:20 pm »
Ok, the whole point of Asencion island is the fact that its a challenge! yes, it took me a wile to master it, but in the end its so awesome! just keep at it and save your place offen, I did that and got to the top without hitting the ground once!

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 12:54:25 am »
The whole point of Ascension Island is to be challenged. xD There's a reason they don't let you use your wings there. ;)

If you could just fly up, Sky's Rim wouldn't be much of a mystery, and the fact that Feral Heart included a small challenge like this just goes to show that they put time and effort into creating a game like this. Reaching the top of Ascension Island gives one a sense of achievement, as though they've accomplished a great task.

In my personal opinion, I know that Feral Heart isn't exactly a "game."- There's no real goal, highpoint to achieve, enemies to destroy, highscore to beat, or anything like that, so I find it quite refreshing to see a small obstacle to keep the game interesting. :)

If you'd like help reaching the top of the Island, just press the feather quill (or press the "B" button) and go to your homepage options. Once you've reached a point at which you're satisfied, select "Set Home." The next time you fall, select "Go Home" and you will be taken back to the point you saved your home as. (Be sure to consistently update your "Set Home" as you go and it will be a lot easier!)

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.