2 (1.7%)
I dont mind them...
48 (40%)
They annoy me a little
18 (15%)
I like them :D
52 (43.3%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: "Bald" characters!  (Read 10103 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: "Bald" characters!
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 12:49:48 am »

Man, for me it was the exact opposite.
When I first joined Feralheart, I couldn't stand having any characters without a mane. It just looked strange to me. Of course, throughout the years I've grown to appreciate it a lot more. Baldies are adorable.
I must agree. I couldn't really get used to the look of some characters, especially felines, without manes. It might be because I was just used to 90% of the characters I saw, even in other games, with manes or fluffies. Something with the model made it especially strange-lookin'. I'm a bit more used to 'em now though.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline ArizonaRanger

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • OzzieTheFox
    • CatnipBubbles
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 03:22:47 am »
I don't mind them. Actually I used to be one of those who judged literacy because of coloring and manes. But I realized that isn't right. But yeah, I have a few bald character. Though I don't use them much.
Call me Ozzie or Faline. I'm never on here, nor in game much but oh well.

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2015, 08:29:14 pm »
Personally, I don't really care! If having a bald character your thing, then go with it!
I use manes and tufts because it adds a fluffy feeling to my characters! I rarely use half/full manes, just the side mane, stuff like that. I do have a few characters that are "bald", usually these ones have the cheek tufts because I think the feline face is weird without that fluff.

It's all a matter of aesthetic to me-- a lot of my characters look ugly when bald, but some of my characters look weird when they're not. But even when they're bald, I use the back manes/cheek tufts, etc. I just can't live without that lmao

Preach

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2015, 09:51:28 pm »
Yeah, I was having this issue with my sabertooth, Yippi. I was debating and doubting if should had a Mane because the manes that were listed didn't necessarily matched with the one on the picture. But point being, I can see where you're going with "bald" characters. Then again, without the mane, it does point out some realism. For example, female wolves. Female wolves does not have manes, as well as males. But then again, if they were to have manes, I would say male wolves would win.  Anyway, really speaking I think it would be better if the female wolf/character was to not have a mane. Like, my character: Charity. She doesn't have one and looks really pretty.

It depends really and the style of the character.

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2015, 05:42:31 pm »
I think I've always used manes on characters that looked nice with them. Of course, cats and such I avoided using manes. It really depends on how nice they look with or without them I guess.
Happy Pride Month!

Offline toasterkitty

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2015, 08:25:01 pm »
eh i cant stand playing a character without a mane (although i dont mind seeing other bald characters)  although i do have a new galaxy wolf character using one of goldchocobos presets... so i guess ill need to get used to it XD
i can be found in game as toasterkitty!

i am crazy though.....

also trash for anything ninjago or rayman

Offline Viirsahvot

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • Viirsahvot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2015, 01:31:16 am »
When I joined I thought that bald characters were for people who liked to RP very realistic. But after a while I used the mane for so long I tried to use a character with out a mane, and Kolunga looks awesome.

art by Grav3wolf on DA
Character by Viirsahvot on DA and FH

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2015, 03:35:38 am »
For some characters, it simply makes sense for them to not have manes. Quite a few of my characters don't have manes, mostly being felines. Since, for custom felines characters, I tend to use either just normal ears or dragon ears, I prefer to not use a mane on a feline unless they are supposed to be fluffier. For felines that are supposed to have shorter hair, I tend to avoid using manes or tufts.
Although, tufts galore! I do quite enjoy using tufts on wolf models, as they are rather fluffy.

In the end, it doesn't matter whether you use manes and tufts creatively or realistically, as long as you are happy with the way a character comes out.

littlelion123

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2015, 02:29:21 pm »
i don't mind bald characters that much
in my opinion it really depends on how the character looks

Offline Tessel.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • and this time, we're gonna get funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2015, 05:48:50 pm »
I remember when I first joined Feralheart, I HATED not having a mane on my characters. I thought it looked kind of weird, I don't know why. But now, I like the look of "bald" characters. I find characters look just as good with or without one. I myself have a wolf that doesn't have a mane. So yeah, I'm not at all bothered by them anymore. But I do think some characters just simply look better with a mane/without one. But then again, it's all personal preference.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 05:57:36 pm by Tessel »

Siggy and avi by me. PM me if you need anything, friends.