Author Topic: No Maps in FH+[sorted]  (Read 3236 times)

FoxfangPitbull

No Maps in FH+[sorted]
« on: December 30, 2011, 10:49:23 am »
Another glitch I've experienced when getting into FH+ is that I cannot set or reset my home point back to Bonfire Island.
I looked in this weird little thing called the FH Log, which seems to just be mocking me and this is the screenshot I had of it.
Many a visual will help in this quest.

Here is the actual screenshot itself. Blade was in Ascension Island in the "normal" FH game. And this is me trying to get back to the homepoint in FH+. Interesting, no?

« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 05:43:07 pm by `Pitbull »

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: No Maps in FH+
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 11:25:10 am »
The default "go home" setting is Lonely Cave, which does not exist in FH+. I took the LonelyCave.FHM and moved it into the FH+ default maps and it created a home point...however it just trapped me in a half complete Lonely Cave map...all alone.

If you log into FH and set your home to Bonfire or the cape you should be able to "go home" there or log into your characters to switch them over. Simba has been informed of this, but I haven't received a reply yet.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 11:31:43 am by Sameth »

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 11:52:48 am »
Well, I've just tried that, re-downloading FH, steering all my characters back to Bonfire and setting the home point. What did it do for FH+?
It crashed it. Started doing the "FH.exe has stopped working" shizzam and died.

I'm at my wits' end with this game.

Offline ScottyLeon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 04:54:43 pm »
I had the very same problem. Don't create any new folders, just let the program install itself and it should work. Now my problem is that everytime I lag, I have to reinstall the game for it to work.

Sorry my bad english, I wish you the best with your game, it's really worth all this pain with installation. :3

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 05:22:09 pm »
Part of the problem is Kovu's very bad planning. He's set the home-point to Lonely Cave in FH. which is non existant in FH+, so we're stuck.

Scotty: the trick is to log back into the normal FH, get all your characters to Bonfire Island and then set the home point for that. Then log back into FH+ and you should be in the Bonfire Island there. Whether or not you'll be able to get out of Bonfire without the server crashing on you, is a different kettle of fish all together.

autumns

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 06:12:44 pm »
I've been having that problem too, and then I tried that and of course, It crashed -_-

Offline ScottyLeon

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 06:31:34 pm »
Part of the problem is Kovu's very bad planning. He's set the home-point to Lonely Cave in FH. which is non existant in FH+, so we're stuck.

Scotty: the trick is to log back into the normal FH, get all your characters to Bonfire Island and then set the home point for that. Then log back into FH+ and you should be in the Bonfire Island there. Whether or not you'll be able to get out of Bonfire without the server crashing on you, is a different kettle of fish all together.

Yeah, I figured it out, but still when I quit the game and try playing with the same character which I left (for example) at Endless Plains, it's all black, but this fixes when I redownload the game. Annoyning, yes, but it works. I hope they fix this soon though...roleplaying is PAIN because of this! Also the sandstorms make me go nuts...they haven't thought about people with some...epilepsy or migraine.

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 06:36:05 pm »
@Scotty, I haven't been able to even got to the Endless Plains x3 MY character, Lucius, is stuck somewhere between Bonfire Island and Ficho Caverns XD

@Autumnsauce, you tried what? To move all your characters to Bonfire and set the home points to there, and then log in on FH+ and the system crashed? Sounds typical. Just give it some time between crashed, maybe 5 minutes or so to sort its face out. Might work, might not.

I'm just loosing hope/faith/trust...oh and patience XD

Offline ScottyLeon

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 06:38:24 pm »
@Scotty, I haven't been able to even got to the Endless Plains x3 MY character, Lucius, is stuck somewhere between Bonfire Island and Ficho Caverns XD

@Autumnsauce, you tried what? To move all your characters to Bonfire and set the home points to there, and then log in on FH+ and the system crashed? Sounds typical. Just give it some time between crashed, maybe 5 minutes or so to sort its face out. Might work, might not.

I'm just loosing hope/faith/trust...oh and patience XD

Oh that's a shame. I hope you'll get there soon though. :3 Now I'm going to get painkillers, my headache just got worse, thank you sandstorm. (I hate you Darude (you're awesome if you got the joke.))

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 08:05:38 pm »
Yeah, I will do at some point and yep, I get the joke XD Have fun with that migrane XD