Author Topic: Objects I've downloaded won't appear in Map Maker?  (Read 1376 times)

Offline .Dispute.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Credit (Remarin @ DeviantArt)
    • View Profile
Objects I've downloaded won't appear in Map Maker?
« on: August 03, 2015, 02:46:55 pm »
So I've gone on a rampage and I've begun downloading loads and loads of object meshes and what-not to put in maps. However, not all the objects are appearing in the object menu when I am in Map Maker. Not ever file has a .object file, and I'm not sure if that is the issue. I'm also unsure of how to place particles? I've downloaded some, but I can't see a New Particle button, Any help would be much appreciated, thanks c:

Offline KittyDoesGaming

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Objects I've downloaded won't appear in Map Maker?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 02:52:46 pm »
Ah. I was once confused of this too. So say you're installing something with say.... a tree.mesh, and a tree.material, but no object file. You drag the material and mesh into 'my_objects' in the 'objects' folder. Then open feral heart, go to 'tools', then 'object maker'. Under the mesh tab, theres some text boxes called 'Mesh', and 'Material'. In mesh... you would type in 'tree.mesh', in material you would type in 'tree.material'. Then, click add new and tada!

There are a few collision bugs that you might get, please let me know if you need help with those.

Hope this helps! -- KittyDoesGaming

Offline .Dispute.

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 03:20:37 pm »
Ah. I was once confused of this too. So say you're installing something with say.... a tree.mesh, and a tree.material, but no object file. You drag the material and mesh into 'my_objects' in the 'objects' folder. Then open feral heart, go to 'tools', then 'object maker'. Under the mesh tab, theres some text boxes called 'Mesh', and 'Material'. In mesh... you would type in 'tree.mesh', in material you would type in 'tree.material'. Then, click add new and tada!

There are a few collision bugs that you might get, please let me know if you need help with those.

Hope this helps! -- KittyDoesGaming

Thank you! This was helpful. I don't really understand what Collision is? Could you explain? And also, after O have done this in object maker, will the objects appear in the map maker? I have to give it a name and save it yes?

Offline KittyDoesGaming

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 03:27:53 pm »
Collisions are things that allow you to well... go on things. Image if you couldn't go on the rock-bridge in Fluorite Plains.

Oh, and of course! The saving part. When you're done loading your mesh, go to the 'Object' tab. Where it says 'Name', and 'Group', you can type in a name for the mesh (anything works), and what group you want it to be in (MyTrees, MyRocks, etc). If you typed in 'Jam' for the group part, it would make a new group. When you're happy with the mesh name, and group, simply click 'Save'.

Offline .Dispute.

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 07:07:15 am »
Thank you so much! Now I just have to go through everything I've downloaded and find what doesn't have object files xD I'm thinking of deleting all my downloads from the FH folder and re-installing them to find what has the .object file and what doesn't, long tedious process, but will be worth it! Again thank you, super helpful, feel free to add me in game, I'll be on in a day or so~