Author Topic: FH randomly closing?  (Read 605 times)

Kookly

FH randomly closing?
« on: August 19, 2018, 06:15:37 am »
So I don't know if this randomly occurs for anyone else besides me, but lately it's been really annoying, so I figured I'd post about it.
--SO, to start out with, why is it when I either click "Start" on a character, tab out, or even enter a world my FH just randomly closes without reason?
I don't get a (Not Responding), "Connection Lost from Server", or anything that follows those routes. Does this happen to anyone else, and is there a way to fix it?
I'd also like to state that it occurs about 2-3 times each day that I'm on.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 06:18:34 am by Kookly »

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: FH randomly closing?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 06:23:41 am »
Try a fresh install, it could be that something went wrong in the installation process.

do you have mods installed? things that alter files to a great degree?

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
Re: FH randomly closing?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 08:44:13 am »
  • Flipping through tabs can sometimes cause the game to randomly crash or when you have too many programs open at the same time while running FeralHeart.
  • Perhaps you've installed content such as mods, markings, items, and/or textures improperly or they themselves are causing errors.
  • Check if you have any double particles.
    Go to C:/FeralHeart/media/particles and search for any .particle file ending with _0, _1, _2, _3, etc. Make sure to delete these.
  • Make sure there's no security software blocking the game.
    Quote from:
    Open up your Control Panel, located in the Start menu. Depending on which Operating system you use and which layout, it might look differently. But Windows firewall should be in the category "security," or just find the text, "Windows firewall" or "Allow a program through windows firewall". This should take you to the correct place.

Once there you'll get a new window with a list of programs. Try to locate FeralHeart.exe in there and add it to exceptions by marking the checkbox. If you can't find it, and the game to the list by yourself by pressing "add program."
  • Try running the game as an administrator.
  • Make sure that you have DirectX installed: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
  • Try changing your rendering subsystem.
    The absolute first thing you want to try is to change the rendering mode for the game. There's different rendering modes you can pick from, usually OpenGL and Direct3D9. This decides which way your graphic card should process the game. This one is at standard set to OpenGL, so we'd want to set it to Direct3D9.

There are two ways you can change this setting.

How to fix it!
    Either you start the game, go into the Options menu (can be accessed by pressing the Escape key on your computer), click the Video tab, and then change the rendering subsystem and restart the game.

Sometimes you aren't able to even enter the game, and all you can hear is the menu music, or it just crashes directly after launch. Those who experience this can enter the Feralheart folder located in C:\FeralHeart at standard, find the file called "Ogre.cfg" and open it with Notepad.

This file works just as the ingame options menu, but instead of buttons and sliders, there's text.

What we're interested in is the top row

Set the top row text so it is just like in the picture with the text
    Quote from:
    Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem

Save the file, and close it. Next time you run the game it should boot with the new settings you applied. You can also change your Rendering system by setting it to OpenGl instead of Direct3D9.

Signature art by Kynvuu