Author Topic: FeralHeart refusing to login  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
FeralHeart refusing to login
« on: August 07, 2019, 06:05:42 pm »
This has been an odd problem lately...

Here's where the story begins:
A few months ago, I got new internet. When I did, FH would not connect to the server despite me being logged into the page. So I got a VPN and that's the only way I could connect, if I was connected on a VPN. Well last weekend when I tried logging in for the party, I noticed when I turned my VPN on, the login page would just refresh and not allow me to log in anymore. So I turned my VPN off and the login page let me log on but the game will still not connect.

Am I just screwed and should say goodbye to FH for good or is there a fix for this? I've tried clearing cookies and my cache, tried restarting the browser and computer, tried connected to different servers on the VPN, all to no avail.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
Re: FeralHeart refusing to login
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 08:12:24 pm »
Hey Az,

You might want to check this and see if any of these things listed in it are preventing your connection:
https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=10423.msg144690#msg144690
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 10:39:21 pm »
Nothing there worked, so I think it's safe to say I won't be playing FH ever again. Thanks for the help anyway Vortex. You may lock now.

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 06:55:47 am »
My game wouldn't connect to the front server for a few weeks after the current update. It eventually fixed itself, but it's still a mystery as to why that was happening.

I know you've given up on the situation, but there must be a way to fix this issue. I did find this on another thread by the user, Flurr:

"I found this on another website with people on other game having the same problem, but wanted to help out so here what it said! Hope it helps!

Reset your network devices to make sure your router hasn't become flooded with data.

Release and renew your IP and flush your DNS to resolve any network conflicts.

Update your drivers to resolve any compatibility issues.

If you're using a wireless connection, optimize your internet connection to rule out a connection issue.

Try closing background applications to resolve any software conflicts.

ADVANCED TROUBLESHOOTING
-------------------------------------------

Old network card drivers and settings may affect your connection in the games. Try troubleshooting your network card.

Check your network configuration to find any issues with your firewall, router, or port settings.

If you're using a VPN, try removing it.

Disable any proxies that may interfere with the login module.

Run a security scan to remove any viruses or malware infections.

Disable or temporarily uninstall any security programs, which may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.

Old firmware on your modem and router can cause issues with complex game connections.

Now this is from a DIFFERENT game so not sure if it will work...The website thread was pretty old, but I hope it helps you out and doesn't cause any serious problems."

I hope this issue gets fixed so that you can enjoy the game again.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 11:03:54 am »
You may lock now.
Ok, sorry this has given you so much trouble... Locking as said.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.