Author Topic: maps are blending  (Read 2029 times)

Offline GotaCacel

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • View Profile
maps are blending
« on: July 17, 2011, 08:46:48 pm »
oke, when I am in my map maker, my maps are blending.

It first started with some water patches. I had just downloaded the 1.7 patch back then. so I though it was a one time mistake.
but when I made another map, those water patches came again ... in the newly made map.
so just the terrain map was made, no object or terrain mask. so I deleted those and worked on that map.

but now I started a new map and those water patches are there again, but also 50% of my previous made map ....
and really, that are a lot of items that suddenly appeared ... and I am not in the mood to delete those by hand, because ot are like
100 objects in there ... and I also want to get that 'fault' deleted, because if i first need to delete 50% of the previous
maps before I can actualy start with my new map, then I don't want to work anymore. then the fun is over ...

so how can this be fixed? I remember I also downloaded a new water mat back then, so could it be a fault
that was dropped in with that water mat? because it started back then. but I also downloaded that new patch
on that moment to ... so maybe a glitch?

but I really want to have this fixed. I like my previous maps, but I don't want to have them blend with my new maps ...

Thunderheart

Re: maps are blending
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 09:05:43 pm »
That is a glitch in version 9. There isn't a solution to it yet, lets hope Kov is fixing it... If you don't want to delete everything one by one, you can also open the objects.cfg file of your map, delete all objects except one and delete that one ingame.

Offline GotaCacel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 04:59:25 pm »
jipie ...
I hope it get fixed soon :( a few items would be a problem, but a complete forest that suddenly appears is not really something small XD

Offline GotaCacel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 10:55:39 am »
That is a glitch in version 9. There isn't a solution to it yet, lets hope Kov is fixing it... If you don't want to delete everything one by one, you can also open the objects.cfg file of your map, delete all objects except one and delete that one ingame.

I took a look at my Object.cfg file, but there is only one item, the rock I placed in  by hand.
the itams that are comming from the previous map aren't in that file, but they are in the map ...

guess I need to hand delete everything ... that is gonna take an hour at least :(

Offline Finley

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • get money, get paid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 11:55:46 am »
The same thing has been happening to me for a long while now, im getting random portals, water, and pretty much every single object i put on my last map. Its getting out of hand the fact you have to delete them all by hand every time you go out from testing or enter the map -.-

Offline GotaCacel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 12:21:58 pm »
I got them in my previous map to, but then it were only 4 water patches. I deleted those and they stayed away .... but now I am hearing from other people that they keep comming back ...

guess I will see what happens with mine, but I need to delete to made forests ... that are like more then 10 objects together ... and some are small ....

Offline Finley

• Experienced Traveler
  • get money, get paid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 01:24:17 pm »
I think im gonna do that "take all the .map files out you arent using" method :I

edit: that failed -.-
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 01:53:47 pm by Finnley »

Offline GotaCacel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 09:07:15 pm »
Would'nt be a solution for me since I use all my maps ;p

for some reason, my trees disappeared when I deleted my water file.
only, now my object, gate and water file are emtpy ... but I still get the gate and a few rock (that I placed myself and appearently love my map so much) will not go away.

but they only seem to appear when I come out of test mode ... or save something ... it's weird.
but I can't delete them from my cfg files because they are not there anymore XD

Offline Finley

• Experienced Traveler
  • get money, get paid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 02:02:39 pm »
We really need a fix for this, I can't do anything with map maker XD