Poll

Please help

rak$ha
0 (0%)
red
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Please help  (Read 968 times)

Offline smokey ash

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • :D
    • View Profile
Please help
« on: July 24, 2011, 11:38:41 am »
Ok so i have tryed to look everwhere and i cant find anything but how do you make texture i make meshs but all  i need is to know how to make texture so i can make log cabins and other stuff i can pay u in mesh's so please help
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IS USE.
IF YOU WISH TO FIND ME CONTACT;

Black_Veil_Brides on the forum.
Or blackVbrides ingame

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: Please help
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 11:47:50 am »
  I make textures a lot, but it can be difficult with complicated structures, I only texture little things then peice them together like a jigsaw, like putting squares together to build somthing bigger.  But I'm really mostly wondering is what you are using to make your meshes. I was watching Sly I think it was and the program they used for making meshes had something that goes along with it to help make textures. They were using AC3D.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline smokey ash

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 11:52:01 am »
i do what u do i only use the basic shapes and put them together i just want to know how to make a texture with like gimp or photo shop :)

Or blackVbrides ingame

Offline smokey ash

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 12:40:08 pm »
please help

Or blackVbrides ingame

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 01:12:40 pm »
  Ok, in that case, it's simple. In my opinion XD
  Simply open up a already made texture for in game meshes. Edit it as you please, I sometimes use photos to make things look realistic, you can draw them on if you want, whatever suits your fancy. Don't make any other changes other than visual ones, or you could ruin it. Then save it with a different name. I tend to save my textures in the rocks folder, so i know where they all are.
  Next is the trickier part. You now have to open the rock texture material file in note book (Not the tricky part) Just right click and select open with, then select notepad. Now you have to do a little coding adjustment or whatever you want to call it XD Copy and past this BENEATH the rest of the writing, so you don't over write anything important before making your changes. Don't change anything already there.

material rockMat
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         cull_hardware none
         cull_software none
         texture_unit
         {
            texture rockTex.jpg
         }
      }
   }
}

Change the red section in what you want to name the texture. This is what you will be writing into FH's object maker to give your objects their texture.
Change the green into your textures name itself. I only ever use jpg's or png's. I don't know if other types work.

Now simply open your mesh in the object maker, and type the red words into the texture area, and hit update. your object should now be texturised XD It may take a lot of adjusting to get the look you want, but it is worth it on the end. I used this method to turn the FH world and icons in my FH into dark themed stuff, purple leaves on the oaks and everything XD

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho