Author Topic: Map questions?  (Read 2571 times)

Stardog

Map questions?
« on: July 27, 2011, 05:18:32 am »
Sorry, I'm new at this... First of all,  how do you delete a map? I accidently made one and don't know how to get rid of it.
But more importantly - how do you create one? Like how do you make mountains and rivers. Also, how do you put down trees without the yellow box being around it?
And how can you add music that plays whenever someone enters your map?
Thanks so much. I am clueless at what I'm doing right now. Any help is greatly appreciated :)
I tried looking up how-to videos on YouTube but they were very long and I still was confused. :-\

Offline Jayfeather55

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 165
  • It's been 6 years?!
    • View Profile
Re: Map questions?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 06:12:48 am »
How to create one: MANY ways. Everyone's opinion differs on which was is the best, but I like visually making my maps, so L3DT is for meh. {Linkie to L3DT thread on FH}  http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=8793.msg123240#msg123240 I also use GIMP {Like photoshop} Ask more specifically about heightmaps if you need help {In this thread, of course xD} The yellow boxes around the trees are collision boxes {Pretty much, so you don't run/fall right through the tree!} You can get rid of them by opening the object in object maker, clicking on the "collision" tab, click on the yellow box, and click "delete". Now, to have the tree just have a normal collision (not visible, but it's there) go to the "mesh" tab, click on the tree, and click on the "x" in the corner. Your tree should now have an invisible collision. And, for the music, you have to put a .mp3 or a .wav file into the music folder {Local drive (usually "C:/") -> FeralHeart->Media->Music}. Now, go into map maker, load the map you want the music in, and type in the EXACT title into the "Music (Group or Filename)" {EXACT to the bone! As in "i_loveCats.mp3" or whatever the title is, plus the extension.}

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 03:55:16 pm »
^ Pretty much what she's saying,

To delete a map go to the terrains folder in:

C:\FeralHeart\media\terrains
And delete the map's folder.

Check the tutorial section on how to make maps.

I really don't think you wanna remove the yellow boxes on the trees, then you can't stand on it. If you do the "Own Collision" thing like Becky said, it applies a collision to the leaves, which sometimes make FH lag if you look at trees, and you can then stand on the leaves, which is a little unrealistic.

Becky covered how to do music, but the file goes in the sounds folder. It doesn't work for some people in the music folder. ;)

Offline Jayfeather55

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 165
  • It's been 6 years?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 04:53:38 pm »
Yeah, I know about the "own collision". But anyway, it works for meh in the music or sound folder...

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 05:33:10 pm »
I knew you knew. ;) ?
Just warning them.
Does it? I never works for me. (But my computer has issues. xD)