Author Topic: Mac - Game Randomly Shutting Down? Help? :)  (Read 957 times)

Offline Aira335

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Mac - Game Randomly Shutting Down? Help? :)
« on: January 31, 2016, 04:15:51 am »
Hi, I have played FH in the wayyyy past and I stopped for awhile; however, it was only recently I started playing again, and I knew about the "Play Game" on the website, logging in, etc...

My problem is, after I successfully log in on the website and then log in as a character, once I'm in the map, depending on where I am the game will either just shut down with no warning... Or I will get this pop-up:

Before this pop-up, I had gotten the same exact message; however, it would say how I have a lack of Wine (a product FH wanted me to install to my computer when I had first downloaded the game... I refused... So now I re-downloaded it and this is the pop-up message I get..)
Now as you can see, the ground is completely black... That is a new thing and I don't know where it's coming from or why it is doing that...
Honestly this happens at a random. Sometimes it will be in the Plains, sometimes at Bonfire, and most recently in the Cape.
I know today there were 600+ players online but today isn't the only time it happens, it has happened when there were only 200 players on... It runs perfectly fine, it is only until I am actually in a map and playing that it will either shut down without warning or with that pop-up message.
If it helps any of you, I am currently running a MacBook OS X Yosemite and the version is 10.10.5 ... I hope someone can help me figure this out, because I have read a bunch of stuff and no one has the exact same problem as I do, which makes it a little frustrating... :/.

Thanks guys..!

Offline Aira335

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Re: Mac - Game Randomly Shutting Down? Help? :)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 04:24:45 am »
Sorry... The photo didn't show up above..! Here it is:

Offline leda

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • leedle lee my dudes
    • https://rookfox.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
Re: Mac - Game Randomly Shutting Down? Help? :)
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 04:52:05 am »
Hey there, I use a mac for feralheart and I think I can help.

First of all, the black ground usually means your feralheart is preparing to crash (or you didn't install textures on a map download correctly, but since you're crashing too I doubt it's that)
I can see on your window that you are running feralheart on OpenGL, right?

I know you may have heard this a million times before, but have you tried going to the options menu (either by pressing esc on your keyboard once logged in, or at the start menu there's the options button) then clicking the video tab, and after clicking the video tab, clicking Rendering System and hitting Direct3d9 instead of OpenGL?
You will need to restart, and it will appear in "poorer" quality to say the least (to me it appears kind of fuzzy rather than smooth like OpenGL) but that usually does the trick.

I recently updated my mac to the latest version and it caused feralheart to no longer work.  I'm not sure if this solution is guaranteed as this is the first time I'm recommending it to someone else, but I got mine to run again by downloading porting kit, which can be found here : http://portingkit.com/en/

Once porting kit is installed you have to open it and click on the library tab, then I believe all you have to do is drag and drop the feralheart application into porting kit.  Instead of clicking the feralheart app, you open porting kit, click library, click feralheart and click play and porting kit will run feralheart for you.

I hope this helps you some, and if anything was unclear I'm happy to try and explain further.
find me in game as user leda, or see my feral heart dA, rookfox.deviantart.com !