Author Topic: Game is crashing  (Read 1878 times)

Offline kiarasBFF98

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Formerly KiarasBFF
    • View Profile
    • My dA
Game is crashing
« on: August 15, 2014, 08:10:20 pm »
So, I had downloaded Feralheart on my brand new computer. I have had it in the past, but never on the one i'm using.
After I downloaded it and everything, I opened it up. It crashed about five seconds after I did. I tried with both OpenGL and Direct3D, but to no avail. I have Microsoft 8, but I'm not sure that has anything to do with that.

Help would be appreciated.

Stunning avatar gift from my dear friend, Fao.

Offline companka

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Game is crashing
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 08:14:28 pm »
same exact thing with me but i have windows XP

Offline SnappleApple

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • An inkling irl
    • SnappleZeApple
    • cherry-gore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 11:42:59 pm »
Try uninstalling and re-installing it. If that doesn't help, try PMing a staff member, might help. Other than that, I have no Idea, lol.
Find me In-Game as CandyGore/ Thunderbirds!

Offline manatee34

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 11:54:20 pm »
I  know this has NOTHING to do with what they said, but I need help! I WANNA PLAY SOOO BAD, BUT I JUST JOINED AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO POST!!!! let's just say I have an account, but I don't know how to play the actual game!! PLZ OH PLZ HELP ME I WANNA PLAY SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLZ HELP ME! :(

Offline manatee34

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 12:00:13 am »
wait one sec DO I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD IT?!?!?!?!?!? ooooooooh it makes sense. ill get back to you if it doesn't work after I download!!! see ya then!

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 12:01:28 am »
I  know this has NOTHING to do with what they said, but I need help! I WANNA PLAY SOOO BAD, BUT I JUST JOINED AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO POST!!!! let's just say I have an account, but I don't know how to play the actual game!! PLZ OH PLZ HELP ME I WANNA PLAY SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLZ HELP ME! :(
It's better to start a new topic other than posting in a thread that is unrelated. Anyways, do you need help with installing? Controls? Please explain what you need help with exactly. ^^ Here's a link to the Feralheart manual: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=33
(Edit: @molly - Yes, you do have to install the game.)

----------
As for the original issue, I'd recommend going into C:\Feralheart\media\particles and looking for any that end in _0, _1, and so on. If you see any, delete them. If that doesn't work, I'd suggest reinstalling.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 12:06:13 am by AlphaEclipse »

Offline kiarasBFF98

• Formerly KiarasBFF
    • View Profile
    • My dA
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 12:14:45 am »
When installing, should I completely get rid of everything, then download a new  FHSetup.exe, or just reuse the former exe.?

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 12:16:49 am »

Offline manatee34

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
help me plz! i wanna play the game!
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 12:25:45 am »
so this is what I need help with, the manual didn't help, anyway... ok so I just joined about a month ago and was confused and gave up, but I really really really wanna play like really bad! I just don't know how! I don't know how to do anything! especially start a new topic! the deal is which one do I download and is it safe? PLZ I JUST REALLY REALLY REALLY WANNA PLAY SO BAD!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME PLZ!! :( :( :( :( :(

Offline kiarasBFF98

• Formerly KiarasBFF
    • View Profile
    • My dA
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 12:32:37 am »
I downloaded a completely new setup, and yet it still didn't work. Besides DirectX, does the program need anything else to run?

I  doubt i'm missing any drivers as this laptop I have is completely new.