Author Topic: Thought you guys would like to chew on this  (Read 3292 times)

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: Thought you guys would like to chew on this
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 08:44:04 pm »
Ogosh. I've seen this video before (I even downloaded it on my Kindle). Much sadness goin' on here and a lot of readin' between the lines/guesses as to why the wolf has done what he did.

Though I personally favor the reason: The rabbit was his acquaintance but due to his instinct to kill, one day he caved and harmed the critter without intent. He probably didn't even realize what he was doin' that day. Thus, when the rabbit bled out and died, he felt regret and wondered why his little bud is no longer respondin' as it was before. A confused creature who threw out his old life to live in a life of solitude all for the one he loved but in the end it was he who became its reaper.
gone

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 09:06:02 pm »
Ogosh. I've seen this video before (I even downloaded it on my Kindle). Much sadness goin' on here and a lot of readin' between the lines/guesses as to why the wolf has done what he did.

Though I personally favor the reason: The rabbit was his acquaintance but due to his instinct to kill, one day he caved and harmed the critter without intent. He probably didn't even realize what he was doin' that day. Thus, when the rabbit bled out and died, he felt regret and wondered why his little bud is no longer respondin' as it was before. A confused creature who threw out his old life to live in a life of solitude all for the one he loved but in the end it was he who became its reaper.

I didn't read into it that far. I interpreted the meaning behind like this: the wolf represents a person who has done bad things in the past but wants to change themselves. The rabbit is a friend or girlfriend/boyfriend that the wolf harms unintentionally. But the wolf finds that, no matter how much he tries, he can't escape who he is because a wolf is a wolf and will always be a wolf. And so he succumbs to his instinct and kills the rabbit, an act which he regrets later.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 09:13:05 pm »
I didn't read into it that far. I interpreted the meaning behind like this: the wolf represents a person who has done bad things in the past but wants to change themselves. The rabbit is a friend or girlfriend/boyfriend that the wolf harms unintentionally. But the wolf finds that, no matter how much he tries, he can't escape who he is because a wolf is a wolf and will always be a wolf. And so he succumbs to his instinct and kills the rabbit, an act which he regrets later.
Ooo. Another good interpretation as to what might be goin' on in the vid. There's really endless, it all depends on the viewpoints of the viewer but I do agree with yer statement. The wolf is a wolf and will always remain a wolf. No matter what he does, that will never change and ye' cannot change who ye' are.
gone

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 06:46:07 am »
I think the same as Vesp, that the wolf has the instinct to kill, and it would happen sooner or later. It's just one of those things where you don't even know what you're doing, but then it's all over because of who you are. It's quite a good moral, I believe. Being that the wolf just can't be friends with everyone, although he has many others (maybe a pack) waiting for another wolf somewhere.

let's be emo in a gerard way

http://fiixl.deviantart.com/

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 07:07:30 am »
My, I found that rather beautiful yet saddening. Thank you for sharing, I really enjoyed the animation.

As for the meaning of the video, I'm not entirely sure but I picked up a couple of things from both the animation and the lyrics. I think really it's about instinct and protection (or maybe overprotection). The wolf didn't realise his actions until the rabbit got hurt and it was too late. In the end he's done too much damage and he couldn't fix his mistakes.

So like how you said, Doctor Flob, the rabbit could be friend or partner that was hurt unintentionally due to an overprotective person perhaps? The wolf hurt the someone or something that he was trying to protect.

I'm not too sure but that's kinda how I see it ^^"

Will be inactive due to work and exams.