Author Topic: Two songs that I sang  (Read 4163 times)

Offline m2dis123

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • May Shadow Guide Me
    • STEAM_0:0:36124471
    • View Profile
Re: Two songs that I sang
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 10:09:51 am »
It seems I cannot find a instrumental version of this song. I could however just put this song with the singer and my voice together :D

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 12:48:43 pm »
What a cool voice you have~ I can't tell if you're more of a baritone or bass, but I can tell you've got an ear for the songs you're singing. c: And for a phone recording, the sound quality is very solid!
If I might offer some friendly feedback from a fellow musician, your timing was a bit off with the backtrack in Rains of Castamere. Practicing with a metronome could help establish a more firm beat, since that song in particular is less obvious about where its pulse is than the second track. And, focusing on your breathing and taking a more warm, full breath on an "Oohh" syllable before singing each phrase helps tremendously with stabilizing your pitch.

Keep singing, man! c: Do it every day, and keep making music~ Even if it is just a cover, it's a wonderful thing. Thank you for sharing it with us.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline m2dis123

• Curious Wanderer
  • May Shadow Guide Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 02:16:35 pm »
What a cool voice you have~ I can't tell if you're more of a baritone or bass, but I can tell you've got an ear for the songs you're singing. c: And for a phone recording, the sound quality is very solid!
If I might offer some friendly feedback from a fellow musician, your timing was a bit off with the backtrack in Rains of Castamere. Practicing with a metronome could help establish a more firm beat, since that song in particular is less obvious about where its pulse is than the second track. And, focusing on your breathing and taking a more warm, full breath on an "Oohh" syllable before singing each phrase helps tremendously with stabilizing your pitch.

Keep singing, man! c: Do it every day, and keep making music~ Even if it is just a cover, it's a wonderful thing. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Thanks alot! This information is useful to me in many ways. It is good that a musician confirms what I heared was off. I did notice myself that the timing was off in certain places. It took me 10 minutes just to match up the music to my singing. There was also a problem, that I sang it to the karaoke version. It was a bit different than the real version so I had to improvise with my experience. I've never heared some of those places sang by someone else so it was kinda difficult.

I'm not very certain myself what type of voice I have. I like to think that it is mostly bass, but singing a bit higher as I did in Iron sounds better to me. That's why it is difficult to find fitting songs that I could do. Clearly I have too much testosterone to sing One Direction songs, huehue.

Since I graduated my current school, I get to do solo singing in the new one that I'm going to. So everyone should be prepared to listen some more refined singing during autumn/fall or a bit later.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 02:21:09 pm by m2dis123 »

Offline m2dis123

• Curious Wanderer
  • May Shadow Guide Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2016, 10:28:36 am »
I've done another song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIlZjKUYEkQ
Be sure to read the description!!

Sorry to cold, I sang it and all but I just couldn't find the fitting version to use the music.

Offline Loorelai

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • 𝐻𝑒𝓁𝓁𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2016, 02:30:46 pm »
Really neat! //casually crawls around in the old post section

Offline Senrova

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 62
  • wootwoot
    • SwiftySwoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2016, 05:22:41 pm »
Your cover for Woodkid "Iron" impressed me. Your voice fitted well with the music. If your ambition is to be a singer you're gonna do great, always aim high!

Signature by LuCiiPeR via dA ;D

Please check out my deviantArt: http://swiftyswoo.deviantart.com/