Author Topic: Mapmaker is crashing?  (Read 1254 times)

wolfgirl56

Mapmaker is crashing?
« on: December 26, 2011, 06:04:55 pm »
Well, a few days ago, I was touching up one of my maps. When my computer froze, I turned the computer off and started it up again. When I got on there when I was finished setting it back up, Mapmaker just crashes when I try to go into it? Is there something wrong with the map or the heightmap? If you have the solution, please tell me, and I will see if it works.

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
Re: Mapmaker is crashing?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 06:30:24 pm »
T.T My map won't even let me use my hieght map. I really had a good idea and now I can't do it becuase it's being mean. Do you think it might be the patch?

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

wolfgirl56

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 06:37:54 pm »
I don't think so. I swear, I typed my heightmap in correctly, then it just goes, "TROLOL. I WILL NEVER WORK FOR YOU."
And I uninstall it a few times, and it will work sometimes, but I'm trying to figure out how to make it work without having to uninstall it and reinstall it over and over.

Also, a strange thing I figured out, when I used a map tester on the map on the server, the map worked. It didn't even crash, even though it's a tad bit laggy.

Offline DustyStar

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 06:53:53 pm »
so,im not the only one having this problem as well? i can get into map maker just fine until i try changing the hightmap part as well. would i have to download the game again or something?

wolfgirl56

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 07:00:25 pm »
I'm sure that you can try and redownload the game. It worked for me, and all of my stuff is still there, but I warn you, if you just downloaded any fancy meshes that you got, you may have to redownload them and hope that FH doesn't crash or anything.

Offline DustyStar

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 07:11:55 pm »
....eh when ever i try loading a new hightmap it keeps crashing,my other maps load and change just fine...until i try with this new one i cant even open up the new hightmap without it crashing..and i just reinstalled the game,eveything else works perfectly, except the new highmap im trying to load up... :(