Author Topic: How to download public and private maps  (Read 2494 times)

Offline plugnickel

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Hai there!! CAKE or DEATH! Or a Hug *^-^*
    • View Profile
How to download public and private maps
« on: February 14, 2013, 03:48:36 am »
Hello there  ;D. I'm Plugnickel, I was wondering how to download maps.
I once tried to do this a year ago. I wanted to join a mapped Warrior cat's RP for once, so I did. But when I tried to ask for help, I'm guessing they got annoyed and kicked me out of the group. I had never put a map into FH, so I was TOTALLY stumped on what to do. Yes, even after reading tutorials. You see, I'm a visual learn'er, so I haft to SEE what is happening in person or on a video in order to do it. So a pixel-person talking to me wasn't gonna cut it.
I then tried to put it in the files on my own, and I ended up killing FH. After I cleaned out my computer because of a Virus's form Norton and SpeedupmyPC I re-downloaded FH again and it worked perfectly. I had FH+ at the time and it was my only re-scource of FH. When I played it, I was literally in TWO WORLDS.
So has anyone had FH+?. Ok, so there is a big fire-thing in the middle of Bonfire Island and a HUGE 'pride rock' on the cliff leading to a map called 'Ficho Caverns'. So... what ever I saw, people saw it differently. I literally tried everything to fix FH before I cleaned out my computer.

So... back to the topic. I really wan't to go to private Warrior cat's map's and I REALLY wan't to go to Feral City.
Anyways, could you PLEASE give me a video or explain it EXTREMELY clearly that would be awesome!. I just need to know how to PUT IN the file's; Not how to download them.
<table style="width: 320px; border: 1px solid gray; font: normal 12px sans-serif; background-color: white;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="background: white;

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: How to download public and private maps
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 03:59:36 am »
I can try to find you a video but in the mean time I hope this is descriptive enough :) :
You install downloaded maps like so:
1.) Follow the "read me" file if there is one and place the files in the places where it says or just place all the files into the "Exports" folder

OR

If placing the map files into the Feral Heart "Exports" folder didn't make it work right than try placing the files as so:
FHM files go into FH>Media>Terrains
FHO files go into FH>Media>Objects
FHS/FHW go into FH>Media>Sky
Mp3 files go into FH>Media>Sounds/Music
Then restart the game
Hope that helps.

SoulRevenge

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 04:24:23 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKhXO6xO590

This is basicly what Suragah had down, however, I hope a video will help you understand a bit more ;3

Offline SkyesofMagic

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 04:33:37 am »
Ok, so when you download the file, download it into your desktop. Trust me. Then, click on the folder once (You may need to double-click it, but only open up the main folder. Then, figure out how to highlight everything you see. There should be 5-7 items that you see. Right click and click "Copy". Then, open computer, feral heart, then exports. You can either open up the exports folder, right click anywhere within and then "Paste" or, before you go into the exports folder (you're only in the FeralHeart folder) right-click the exports folder and click "paste". After that, you'll need to reload the game if you had it open, and it should be in Cape. (Cape of Distant Worlds) it will be named after what you downloaded it as. I hope this works for you!! Good luck and have fun RPing!!!

Offline plugnickel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 04:56:52 am »
Thanks so much!. I'll try everything you guys said. Do you know where I can get Feral City? The map looks quite interesting.
<table style="width: 320px; border: 1px solid gray; font: normal 12px sans-serif; background-color: white;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="background: white;

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 05:10:59 am »
You're welcome & the official Feral City download is right here :) :
http://www.mediafire.com/?6rut1gatej2lh2u

Offline plugnickel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 04:23:20 am »
Thanks. But the website you gave me lead me to a site called : Livid.com.
It won't show the download now. It just goes to their home page.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 04:32:16 am »
The link I gave you? I just clicked it and it's perfectly fine. Maybe that was an advertisement you saw, if so skip the add. There is usually at option somewhere around the top right of the screen to do so.

Offline plugnickel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 04:44:44 am »
Oh thanks. It works now. I'll bookmark it and download tomorrow.
Again, thanks so much Lord Suragaha!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 04:46:01 am »
You're welcome :)