Author Topic: (Not a FH question) New Tab help!  (Read 2453 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
(Not a FH question) New Tab help!
« on: April 03, 2013, 01:30:39 am »
This isn't a question about the FH site (they need a misc. help part of the forum) but I need some urgent help with my internet. I downloaded some music, and they went through a big installing thing, and they asked if they could have their website be the first thing that pops up, and I said no, but they went ahead and did that. It happens sometimes, so annoys. But when clicking new tab that pops up, (I should say I use google chrome right now) and it keeps giving me ads to boot my pc or whatever (*knows nothing about computers or what boot means XD*), and sometimes instead of an ad it looks like it actually DOES that! I think it may give viruses, and I don't know the website name. The URL bar says nothing, it's just a search engine. I think it may be called "Local Moxie"? But I went to my history and went to my other stuff and made it so when I start chrome the page it opens specific pages. (Feralheart, of course! XD) But it did load FH, but whenever I clicked new tab the search engine still pops up! I've deleted all my history, messed with the settings, but I still have no idea what to do. If you need any more information, I'll say it. But to type in a website name is just a rush so I don't download anything on my computer.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: (Not a FH question) New Tab help!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 01:32:39 am »
God I need help for everything there possibly is XD

I'm such a noob.

Offline Tokoa

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
  • Orange.
    • View Profile
    • http://tokoas.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 01:40:51 am »
Edit: Read that wronge.. sorry floof.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:43:48 am by Tokoa »

Icon by Aveo and sig by WingsandFeathers on DeviantArt.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 06:29:25 am »
There might be an Extension that is doing that to your internet. What you need to do is do to your History and select 'Extensions' and delete what you think may be causing it to happen. If that isn't the case, then there should be another section in History called 'Settings', in there you can select what you want your specific open page to be, and tab page without all the hassle. You can also delete the page it's setting it's self to. I'd delete some browser cookies too, just to be on the safe side.

Good luck~

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Sibb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • #BusinessCat
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Sibb
    • http://sibblet.deviantart.com/
    • STEAM_0:0:71732532
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 11:31:49 pm »
Like Buffy has pointed out, it is most likely to be your Extensions in Google Chrome. It is simple to remove this just by finding the Extension and deleting it. If that doesn't work it means that you downloaded the music with a browser extension offer which you might have accidentally accepted.

If that is the case, you need to go to your Programs list in your Computer via Control Panel and you must remove the app which has a similar name to the browser/problem that you have and remove it.

Then restart your computer to ensure everything is fine.

Note: Make sure not to delete something important if you aren't very good with computers, I suggest getting someone else to assist you on that one IF you may need to go into your Control Panel.

If this ALSO hasn't helped, it might be something to do with your plugins which I highly doubt but there is always something hidden somewhere if not spotted.

Signatures    |    Avatars