Author Topic: I Crash Every Time I go Into ANY Map  (Read 2025 times)

Offline Fauxx

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
I Crash Every Time I go Into ANY Map
« on: January 04, 2014, 09:41:18 pm »
Here is my problem, yesterday Feral Heart was working fine. I woke up with morning and BAM I can't be on for more than 5 seconds without it crashing. Every time I go through ANY portal, I crash. I know it's not my rendering system, I have used both and had the same issues, I know it's not anything to do with the server or population because I was trying to get to the SouthPole and it appears to have only 20 people in it at the moment, I have lowered everything to the lowest it can go, it's not any double particles, I have reset the computer TWICE, it's not my connection because I am the only one on the internet at the moment. I did download the pawesome pack v4 which mayyy be the problem, but it was working fine last night, in fact it was the best it ever ran.  It's not a specific map because like stated, I have tried every map I can reach from lonely island. I have looked all over the forums for a case like this and nothing has come up, I have had a problem like this before but it was just the rendering system. I am so frustrated and I need a bit of help :(

I am also playing from a Mac but I don' think this is the reason for the issue at hand.

Offline _Rache_

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
  • Your future is bright.
    • View Profile
Re: I Crash Every Time I go Into ANY Map
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 10:26:03 pm »
I will try to help here. That seems, not so good. My only guess is that maybe some file ended up where it isn't suppost to. Is a pop up appearing saying, 'FeralHeart.exe has stopped working' or is the map server just losing connection?
I love you

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 10:30:53 pm »
Try changing your rendering system
pm for free art i need practice

Offline Avashea

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 10:57:35 pm »
Try changing your rendering system
Thats what i would do or see if something is in the wrong folder

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 10:59:34 pm »
Particles can sometimes end up in other folders, not just the actual particles folder. Try looking at other folders in your FH files. ^^

I'll edit this if I think/find anything else.

Offline Fauxx

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 11:19:58 pm »
I will try to help here. That seems, not so good. My only guess is that maybe some file ended up where it isn't suppost to. Is a pop up appearing saying, 'FeralHeart.exe has stopped working' or is the map server just losing connection?

Both actually , and it's NOT my rendering system like I said, I have used both Direct and OpenGL and so far I have been able to get to one public map but I cannot for the life of me get back on without it either crashing while loading or crashing as soon as I get in-game. I am thinking of deleting my paweseome pack, which may be the issue here. I am currently downloading another copy of teh game and going to replace the texture file from that copy with my copy, so I won't accidentally deleted anything important.

Offline Fauxx

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 11:21:58 pm »
Particles can sometimes end up in other folders, not just the actual particles folder. Try looking at other folders in your FH files. ^^

I'll edit this if I think/find anything else.

I have checked every file, there seems to be nothing out of place for me.

Offline Avashea

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 11:22:51 pm »
This has happened to me before, I belive it is a problem with "wine". That was what it was for me. If you have this try downloading "WineBotler"

Offline Fauxx

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 11:29:35 pm »
This has happened to me before, I belive it is a problem with "wine". That was what it was for me. If you have this try downloading "WineBotler"

Can you give me link? I could try that, I think that may help! Thank so much!

Offline _Rache_

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
  • Your future is bright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 01:01:38 am »
Alright. For the 'Feralheart.exe has stopped working' thing- that usually signifies that a file is in a folder it shouldn't be.
For the 'failed to connect to map server' thing- that usually is an issue with internet connection. I'm likely wrong, but, possibly one of the items from the Pawsome pack ended up in an incorrect folder, which is making the whole game crash AND making the map server lose connection. My advice is to just scan through each Feralheart folder and make sure everything is where it should be.
I love you