Author Topic: Windows 10?  (Read 3582 times)

Offline FadedSpirit

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Windows 10?
« on: January 14, 2016, 03:00:05 am »
So the hack fix page doesn't seem to work if you have windows 10. Does anyone else here have it and manage to get on FH with the hack tab? Because, on my desktop PC (which is windows 7) I'm able to get in on the second or third time i try to log in, but on here, my laptop which uses windows 10 i can't get in no matter how many times i try. If it's because it's windows 10... please someone make a hack fix page that will work with windows 10 too :c

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 04:26:04 am »
I use win10 and have no trouble logging in. However I suggest using Firefox, and keeping the tab running behind the game. (Do not minimize.)
RETIRED.

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 12:36:24 pm »
A quick understanding of the new login

Here's a thread that may also provide a few tips as to why it may not be working. Good luck!
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline AtlanticPuffin

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 09:18:43 pm »
I use windows 10 and it works perfectly! What browser do you use? I'd recommend using Google Chrome because it seems to work fine with it. (In my own experience). Try that n' update us!
So, you want to create your own lion pride, fight others for territory and manage your cubs and lionesses? If so, join Lioden!, the game where you start your own pride and fight for your cubs and lions!
If interested, go here: http://lioden.com/register.php?r=82186
In-game name: AtlanticPuffin.
Where to find me: Bonfire Island.

Offline iiAwshumGurl

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Quit?
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt user
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 05:42:47 pm »
Yeah, as stated above, don't minimize the tab or anything, just leave it open in the background. What browser do you use? I suggest using Google chrome or Firefox if you don't already.
Drawn by me

I am best known for my OC, Eclipse ( as pictured above ) but also have for Venus ( as seen in my profile picture )

" We must let go of the life we have planned to accept the one awaiting us "

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 02:18:38 am »
If you have upgraded to the Windows 10 but have downloaded the game before you updated, the upgrade could have removed or changed one of the files necessary to run Feral Heart. Try completely removing FH (but be sure to back-up any files such as presets, screenshots, etc., that you wish to keep) and re-installing the game.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline FadedSpirit

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 04:56:38 pm »
If you have upgraded to the Windows 10 but have downloaded the game before you updated, the upgrade could have removed or changed one of the files necessary to run Feral Heart. Try completely removing FH (but be sure to back-up any files such as presets, screenshots, etc., that you wish to keep) and re-installing the game.
Oh, that's not the case... I got a completely new laptop and downloaded Feralheart, then i just took the folder from the desktop (windows 7) and copied it to here and deleted the default one it downloaded with. I can go on FH with the hack tab on my desktop but not my laptop, but my laptop would me much more convenient and run the game smoother, download more things, etc. etc.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 05:03:23 pm »
I wouldn't copy and paste the game then, as well as the folder. I would download it entirely new and then get everything you once had back. It might be the reason why you're having problems.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 05:09:22 pm »
I wouldn't copy and paste the game then, as well as the folder. I would download it entirely new and then get everything you once had back. It might be the reason why you're having problems.
As Shurtle has mentioned above, copy and pasting the files and folders can cause issues for the game to work properly. Because Windows 10 is a new update and possibly has new components, it's likely that an upgrade such as this changes the way certain programs installed to your computer works. For instance, a file may no longer be compatible with your computer because it was not installed directly through your computer. I would try removing any files that you moved over from your old computer and downloading FH straight through the website. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline FadedSpirit

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 06:46:34 pm »
Hmm, okay. Thanks guys, so i would just download the game and the new folder that downloaded with it, and then copy and paste in all the screenshots, maps, etc.? That i would want from my old game.