Author Topic: Presets have black blurs??  (Read 952 times)

Offline EmptyHabits

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • CybrilSalvatore
    • Cybril 🐺
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
Presets have black blurs??
« on: April 09, 2018, 02:00:59 am »
I'm making a preset and it has blurry black pixels around colors that are next to each other. How the heck do I fix this?

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 02:03:46 am by Tainted. »

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: Presets have black blurs??
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 02:03:21 am »
Can't see the picture. Try using Imgur instead of Tinypic (Tinypic is banned on these forums.)

Offline EmptyHabits

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • CybrilSalvatore
    • Cybril 🐺
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 02:04:13 am »
Can't see the picture. Try using Imgur instead of Tinypic (Tinypic is banned on these forums.)

just did ^^

Lucius

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 04:19:12 am »
Right off the bat, I'd ask you what software you're using, and what file format are you saving in?

Based on the picture I am assuming that you are saving out JPEGs, because of the compression artefacts. JPG is what's known as a lossy format (as opposed to a lossless format). Every time a JPEG image is saved, compression algorithms are run to reduce the file size. This means that some data is lost every time you make a change to the photo and save it. Ergo, if you save your initial file as a JPG, without leaving access to the original PSD or XCF file, then every time you edit and re-save the JPG, you will continue to lose sharpness, color value, and definition data. If you do have access to the original work files, then I highly suggest saving out with maximum quality, or using the PNG format instead.

Now, if that is not the case, then feel free to correct me.