Author Topic: New actions and more.  (Read 2499 times)

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
New actions and more.
« on: June 16, 2012, 11:28:59 am »
Hey all I believe it was time I made one of these and I know a lot of these have been bought up in a few threads but I thought I would put them in my own words.

1. It would be good to see some more actions a few of my friends have mentioned a Tail Flick action similar to the one they had in Impressive Title also of-course Nuzzle and all those other shnazzy actions.

2. It would be nice to see some shadows possibly especially for the trees like they had in the beta version of FH, where did that go?.

3. MORE MAPS <-- been bought up a billion times I know but I cannot stress enough how much this is needed the current maps are dull and boring. Reds map pack is more interesting and delightful to explore then the official FH maps.

4. I know this is odd but I would actually like to see a form of whiskers for Felines and of-course more manes.

5. I would also like it if the water wasn't so straight and flowed more smoothly along the shore.

I know most of these have been bought up but you know I like them so I will repeat them.

Let me know what you guys think below.
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
    • View Profile
Re: New actions and more.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 12:30:24 pm »
I concur with everything you've said here, and I've a few other additions as well. :3
One action I'd love to see return from IT would be the moonwalk dance; that was absolutely the best. Shadows would also be nice, albeit, the shadows in IT didn't look great - but I'm sure that could be ameliorated, and they should at least be an option for people whom want them. Newer maps would be neat - they could even try and bring back some of the ones they had from IT; I well and truly miss Savannah. Maps aren't essential though, as they can be made.
Something that maps could use is for the default ones to be changed a bit - more stuff like dens and embellishment added, ambient sounds, those sorts of things. More manes is also a definite must. Harkane and I were talking about the lack of variety earlier. New head types would also be good, and mayhap even more species to choose from! It says in the main page of feral-heart.com that FH will have more features and extras than IT, so eventually it should have all these things and then some! :3
Whiskers are possible, and I'd also like an option to change the colours of the paw-pads.
As far as water goes, I don't know the OGRE engine very well, and subsequently I'm not sure if it's capable of handling more realistic water like that - though I'm sure there would be certain workarounds, like maybe textures on the surface in certain spots which animate and make it look dynamic - or animated wave meshes which break on the shore! now that would be cool.

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 12:44:12 pm »
Exactly you put everything into really good perspective there friend and I see where your coming from, But with the maps not every user can make and or download maps so to have some added would be nice for those who cant. Also I do not think more species will be added due to it being strictly for felines and canines. Yes the new head styles would be kind of cool and to be quite honest all the things we have mentioned would take quite a bit of work but over time they would be manageable.

Thanks Anathema for your input!. 
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 01:30:12 pm »
Yeah. :3 Methinks with the maps, they should at least have all or most of the ones from IT put back into FH. For some reason, I loved getting lost in "Another Tunnel" - mayhaps because it gave me a sense of the eternal, rofl. Also, with species, I just meant something like different variants of feline and canine - also, a hyena species would be nice. They have the hyena markings, but no hyena species! and that makes things a whit odd, as hyenas have a unique shape and aren't really canines or felines. :( Another thing that would be cool which I forgot to add would be no species-specific markings! You could have different versions of the same markings for both feline and canine, but nothing specific to one or the other. There could be a lot more variety that way. :D

Anyways, I'm glad to post and contribute. :3

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 02:20:03 pm »
Yeah I like that idea about the No specie specific markings. And yeah those maps were indeed fun however I don't really see them being implemented into the game but it is none the less a great idea.

Offline Caesar

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
  • I wish the 2011 Feral Heart would come back. :I
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 04:12:28 am »
Yes maps, and actions should be added so ya i agree in this idea for awhile i have been wanting this to be added for like ever since Feb. =D

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 04:18:37 am »
AnythonyF, Thanks for your input and I hope something like these are seen in the future.