Author Topic: Wizard 101  (Read 2736 times)

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
Wizard 101
« on: August 09, 2012, 12:51:38 pm »
I'm sure a good many has seen ads and the commercial about this game xD
Have any played it, though?

For those who don't know, Wizard101 is a game where you start out as a level 1 wizard who learns about magic, hence the name: Wizard101. The point of the game is to gain levels and complete quests to save the worlds from evil forces. But there's other things to do, too, like battle other players, fight monsters, and hang out with friends. The game is really fun and I enjoyed it, though I don't go on anymore for a number of reasons. When I get my own computer/laptop, though, I may start going back on.

The downside to this is that you have to pay real money to go to certain places, and most mounts and houses, along with other things. Upside is is that you don't /have/ to to enjoy the game. You can subscribe or buy a gift card but I had fun just going to the places you can go for free and hanging out with friends. There are also certain "bosses" you can battle that'll earn you a mount for a day and they're not all that difficult to come by, at least from what I can remember. You can also have pets and your very own house where only you can go, but you have to either use crowns (what it converts real money to) or gold which you can get by completing quests, selling, and battling monsters. It'll take awhile, but it's very well worth it!

It's been awhile since I came, but from the last time I checked it out it's been pretty disappointing... The chat they use you are more limited with what you can say, meaning it's filtered, but it's not overly annoying. Though you can't use caps anymore apparently, which irks me... >.>
There also tend to be "inappropriate" people who will try to troll and just talking immaturely, but there are still good ones out there and I believe Wizard101 is worth a try. Especially if you make a nice group of friends to accompany you, the game is more enjoyable ^.^

Those who are curious, my Wizard's name on there is Caroline RavenThief x3
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline Meadowstar01

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard 101
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 01:16:00 pm »
I used to play Wizard101, but I had no idea how to be able to chat freely. Also, who wants to pay money for a pixel game? All there was to do was shop, and kill enemies. But other than that, I found the game to be pretty fun. I'm probably not going back there, though.

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 01:48:59 am »
I didn't like the money thing so much, either, which was why I never really did that bit. However, some friends managed to talk me into it so I did buy a few locations so I could hang out with some of them but that was it haha.

I liked battling enemies just for the fun of it, though if you didn't know how to chat freely then yes, the game can get very boring because that's how I mostly got the joy out of it (except a lot of people were very immature and gross but FH can be like that sometimes too haha). But truth be told, the game was better during the first couple years of it's release, a lot had changed since then. More players of playing of course, but they also changed the chat considerably. There's like a bigger filter on it and basically caps are not allowed what so ever. So if you wanted to type:

Hey! How are you?

It would come out like this:

hey! how are you?

Which bugs me considerably >.<
A lot of words had been taken off because of their misuse as well, and I can only assume that was why caps was turned off, too. Still, the game has some of it's up sides, and as I mentioned I mostly enjoyed it because of hanging out with friends haha.
The Hobbit

Offline Nightfangy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 01:52:40 am »
I believe this game gave me a virus on my other computer so LOL I don't play it :P
I got an account reset, that's why my account looks a bit odd.

wolfgirl56

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 02:09:51 am »
I liked this game, but it kind of bothered me in the end, since I had to pay money to go to other areas, and my parents don't like games where I have to pay to do something.

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 12:01:45 am »
I play it and I pay it .3.

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 11:51:45 am »
@Crystal: It did the same for me, too :U
I was able to tolerate it at first and just focus on the stuff I could do, which helped when I focused on trying to save up for a house and stuff to buy for it (I was really glad and relieved when they came out with the bazaar for this cause I could buy more items without having to go to the worlds they'd normally be in XD) but it started becoming an issue when all of my wizard friends began to buy the locations. Then most of the time I was just by myself >.>

It was mostly because of that reason they finally convinced me to buy some of the areas but it wasn't much, and I didn't really feel inclined to waste a lot of money with a game I knew I wasn't going to spend forever with (thank goodness for that knowledge cause I would of regretted it otherwise). It was only after my wizard friends "beat the game" that we started hanging out a lot more again, haha, though as I've mentioned in the first post I eventually left the game. I've downloaded it again just recently and I'm playing it a few times when I'm bored and just for memory's sake, but like everyone I knew that came online doesn't anymore xD So far anyway haha.

Surprisingly, though, it works a whole lot better for me than FH, not so much lagging o.o The only real issue is how long I have to wait for it to load everything with items, worlds, and so on.
The Hobbit

Offline Tenturo

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • small bean
    • Goldown
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 07:34:02 am »
I have had mine for about 2 years now... I'm Natalie DawnLeaf. Although FH has taken.me away from it :P

Previous Username: Woofkita
Avatar Art done by Exotic Foods on Discord | Sig Art by Inferni on dA

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile