Author Topic: Gierra: Land of Free hearts (UPDATED: Accepting help; new demo added)  (Read 14875 times)

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
I made a topic about this a few months back (last year....?) but I didn't want to get in trouble for posting on an old topic.

Anyway,I feel a little bit odd advertising my game on the forum of my favorite ORPG (online role-playing game) but I didn't know where else to put this (unity forums won't work..my topics never show up -_-)

On with the actually point of the topic!

A few months back, Gierra was only an idea; but now that I have what I need,production has started.

(don't worry,the cat wasn't meant to look scary :) )

The Plot
The main plot of the game is to design your character and begin on your epic adventure to defeat the darkness and stop it from turning Gierra into a wasteland.

Core Gameplay
The core gameplay is similar to Oregon Trail. In this game you have to hunt,fight, and rest to find your way to the -No spoilers for your LOL- while finding safe places to sleep and avoiding hunters,trap, and predators along the way, or you might just not make it to the end of the game. This game might be best played with headphones because your hearing will be highly important for staying alive because you will need to be alert and hear whatever might be coming your way.

What you can do to help
This game will be 100% free, but like all professional games (although we have no professional equipment other than Unity3D) I need help in order to get this game done because I don't know how to do everything like animating,scripting and artwork, as well as the cutscenes that will play throughout the game.

Big Cat: You know that creepypasta cat you saw up there? yeah,that cat needs a realistic run and walk cycle for the game,because I just can't do it myself (believe me,i've tried.) The cat is does come with a full armature/skeleton (I did that myself and tested it)

Wolf model: the wolf model below needs someone to rig it because it causes blender to lag a LOT for me (although it uses no lag in unity o_0)

Music: Music won't be needed becase all music will be by Kevin Mcleod (incompitech.com) although,if you really want to have your music in this game, feel free to PM me a sample. All the music,as well as the artwork seen in the game, will have  sort of "Japanese fell" to it.

Artwork: Despite me being able to "sort of" draw wolves and other animals. I will need people to create the artwork seen throughout the game. Once again,it will have a "Japanese" feel to it.

GUI: Some UnityGUI is needed to fit in the feel of the game. I don't know any exact links to learn how to make GUI skins for Unity but i'm sure you can find something :)

Models: A wolf/canine model is needed for the game. I have one but it makes blender lag a lot so someone can try uploading one of their models. (The model MUST have and open mouth and can't be really low poly,but it can't be super high poly either (medium poly...?) No animations and armatures are needed but if you want to make it yourself that's fine. A screenshot is needed.

HERE IT IS!...Not the game..a dumb demo xD all you can do in it is walk around the newly made camp. and if your wondering why the main character is a builder man,it's because the actual character isn't done/hasn't been found yet ._.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7vkpf92l8uhnw2j

The actual game will look NOTHING like this. It will have a better interface and super epicle struffz :P

Well that's about it...I don't know if the mods will lock this so..yeah.

Conceptz :P
View My Video
Boss Battle during some point, the music's not mine but the picture is o3o
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:23:47 pm by Alex- »

Offline FeralFireHeart

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • ~ I Desire Fire ~
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
Re: Gierra: Land of Free hearts
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 07:30:04 pm »
So.... Is this a game like FeralHeart or something?
The maps look a heck of a lot like the ones in WolfQuest, but they seem pretty good.

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 07:32:48 pm »
No the game is one-player, not a multiplayer game like Feral-Heart.

The reason it looks like wolfquest is because wolfquest used the same program to make their games (Unity3D) although they might have used the "pro" version unlike the free version I have, because I don't have 1,000$ xD

Offline FeralFireHeart

• Finest Floof
  • ~ I Desire Fire ~
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 09:06:43 pm »
Will this game be eventually "playable" for the public.
And if so, when is it going to come out?

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 09:23:59 pm »
Yeah, it'll be publicly playable, available for download on my website.

It's planned for release around (really) late December, early 2013 (January-March) I wanted it to be released around christmas but looking at the game's progress, that most likely won't happen.

Offline FeralFireHeart

• Finest Floof
  • ~ I Desire Fire ~
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 10:05:30 pm »
Have you actually MADE a website for it yet?

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 10:47:57 pm »
Yeah, http://gierra.webs.com/

It's not done yet though because I need to think of other stuff that will make the website more awesome.

Offline FeralFireHeart

• Finest Floof
  • ~ I Desire Fire ~
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 11:10:24 pm »
Looks good already.
Will it be one of those games where you have to create an account to download the game or can you just freely download the game without having to do that, like WolfQuest?

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 11:17:03 pm »
I'm planning of having it where you can download without an account.

wolfgirl56

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 12:04:11 am »
This looks awesome, but I'd like this to be in multi-player. Still looks awesome though.