Author Topic: ~Spore~  (Read 12424 times)

Offline catsanddogsandbirds

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ~by the candelight I glow~
    • View Profile
~Spore~
« on: January 26, 2013, 09:03:14 pm »
"Do you play Spore?"

"What's Spore?"
 Spore is an awesome game where you can create your own creature! It's not like other games that have very, very limited options and body shapes. In Spore, you can drag and drop limbs, heads, weapons, details, feet, arms, and more! You can change their length, width, size, and shape of nearly everything. You can create a realistic wolf, or a crazy alien with giant tentacles and a terrifying mouth with sharp teeth sticking out. You can create a giant blob with a mouth, or a toxic serpent. You can create--well, you get the idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDUIDO-Njho
 In Spore, there are two modes. There is Free Mode and Adventure Mode, as I refer to them. In Free Mode, you can create your creatures freely, adding parts, taking them away, and changing them. You don't have to worry about if that creature can survive or not, and you can even put the creature in Adventures that you can create! Adventure Mode is where you start out as a cell, when your only thought is: EAT. Then, you became a land creature, where you can earn DNA Points and make your creature evolve to rise to the top of the food chain, and you became more intelligent every time. Eventually, your creature becomes civilized, and they create a social tribe. You can decide to be a vicious tribe that dominates the planet, a calm tribe that stays out of other tribes affairs, or a friendly tribe that helps other tribes out. You can domesticate the other creatures on your planet, or hunt them. You can always eat the plants in the area, if you're an herbivore, however.
After the Tribe Stage, you go into the Civilization Stage, where you become even more advanced and you invent cars, planes, and other technology. You must learn how to protect your city from threats, and you will have to mine for oil and other fuels, as you grow bigger and stronger.
After your great city becomes dominant, you invent...
     T h e   S p a c e   S h i p .
 You blast off into space, meeting friends and foes on other planets. Struggle to survive as you trade, make war, settle new planets, and eventually meet the most powerful species in the whole galaxy: T h e  G r o x. Will you defeat them and save the galaxy, or fall to the might power of the Grox, just like everyone else?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi2GvqboQfY&feature=share&list=PL7FD327AF6F623800

« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 09:14:56 pm by Twizzlerr »

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
    • View Profile
Re: ~Spore~
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 03:58:10 am »
Ah, Spore - I had countless hours of fun with that game, and reading this almost makes me want to reinstall it. I believe the last time I played, I built my galactic empire to a point of total stagnation; I had about 100,000,000 Spore-bucks with me at all times, too many allies to count, and just as many foes. Most of my income came from purple spice, which can sell anywhere from 20,000 SB to 80,000 (and maybe even 90,000) SB a piece - of course, it also depends on whom you're selling to. Since purple spice is a fairly rare commodity, most civilisations buy it for a decent price; but others that have a nearby star or planet with the spice might not be so fain to the purchase; it's all about "supply and demand", and even though the economy and trade in this game is extremely bare-boned, it's satisfying enough to keep a person playing well past their bed-time (if they have one). My galactic conquest ended when I chose to drop a planet-buster on the home planet of this empire that had been pilfering my spice slowly over time, demanding payments to keep a temporal peace, and overall being an arse to my allies - after that, everyone hated me, lmfao - but by that time, I didn't really care; the game was pretty much over. ANYWHO! I highly recommend this game to anyone who's not played it - it's well worth your time. :3

Frisker

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 06:07:43 am »
I downloaded the demo... Errr... A couple of months ago, and I only played it for two days. I didn't have much time to play it, though I have seen videos and such of it.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 01:41:15 pm »
Yea, Spore is a really fun game. My empire has only like 200, 000 Spore bucks, and we have this frenemy relationship with this other empire of angry bird-like creatures. Our allies are the Sabertooth Cats and some sort of Humanoids. Anywho, with the birds, we are often at war, but, because they are far away from other solar systems and there are only 2 planets in theirs, I sometimes make a temporary peace and sell them some valuable spice and statues. XD They say Thank you and then, a couple minutes later, demand we pay 600 Spore bucks to keep peace. I say no, and we go into war again. What's so hilarious is that the me and the Sabertooth Cats are often trading planets. If one of the Saber's planets are captured, I fight off the capturer (even if its the Grox) and take the planet for myself. Vise-versa, if one of my planets are captured, I direct the Sabertooth Cats to go attack the capturers, and they take the planet. I cannot allow these thieves to feel victorious for long! xD

My empire is all about trade, I must say. I don't like to sell stuff without buying something just as valuable. I have trade routes everywhere, even with empires that aren't necessarily my allies. I am constantly trying to make friends with empires, even ones who don't trust me from the start. I have many, many trade partners, but only two allies. And I shall only have one enemy. XD

But, I actually like to play "Free Mode" more. :P I like to make Adventures, mainly ones where you explore and discover things. Even more narrowed down is the fact that I LOVE to do ones where you discover life on an alien planet, future Earth's life, or life that already exists on Earth. I am currently working on two "Alien Wildlife" Adventures. I'm thinking of making episodes for both "Alien Wildlife--Land" and "Alien Wildlife--Aquatic".

*gasp*
 Okay I'm done talking for a couple hours here. :3

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 07:06:33 pm »
Yea, Spore is a really fun game. My empire has only like 200, 000 Spore bucks, and we have this frenemy relationship with this other empire of angry bird-like creatures. Our allies are the Sabertooth Cats and some sort of Humanoids. Anywho, with the birds, we are often at war, but, because they are far away from other solar systems and there are only 2 planets in theirs, I sometimes make a temporary peace and sell them some valuable spice and statues. XD They say Thank you and then, a couple minutes later, demand we pay 600 Spore bucks to keep peace. I say no, and we go into war again. What's so hilarious is that the me and the Sabertooth Cats are often trading planets. If one of the Saber's planets are captured, I fight off the capturer (even if its the Grox) and take the planet for myself. Vise-versa, if one of my planets are captured, I direct the Sabertooth Cats to go attack the capturers, and they take the planet. I cannot allow these thieves to feel victorious for long! xD

My empire is all about trade, I must say. I don't like to sell stuff without buying something just as valuable. I have trade routes everywhere, even with empires that aren't necessarily my allies. I am constantly trying to make friends with empires, even ones who don't trust me from the start. I have many, many trade partners, but only two allies. And I shall only have one enemy. XD

But, I actually like to play "Free Mode" more. :P I like to make Adventures, mainly ones where you explore and discover things. Even more narrowed down is the fact that I LOVE to do ones where you discover life on an alien planet, future Earth's life, or life that already exists on Earth. I am currently working on two "Alien Wildlife" Adventures. I'm thinking of making episodes for both "Alien Wildlife--Land" and "Alien Wildlife--Aquatic".

*gasp*
rofl, sounds like fun! but unfortunately I don't have Galactic Adventures :( if I did, I'd give those adventures a go. rofl, speaking of adventures! I once tried to ally with the Grox; huge mistake. It's possible, but it's almost impossible!

Offline Slydragon99

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • am dead
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 07:21:25 pm »
I almost miss that game. That was the basics of fun when I was younger. I played it everyday, and I had many people whom I have now as friends whom I keep in-touch with in game and on deviant art~

art by dearhunters on da

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 08:33:36 pm »

*gasp*
rofl, sounds like fun! but unfortunately I don't have Galactic Adventures :( if I did, I'd give those adventures a go. rofl, speaking of adventures! I once tried to ally with the Grox; huge mistake. It's possible, but it's almost impossible!

Ally the Grox?! *gasp* That's unheard of! x3

Offline Moonwolf678

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Came back after a millenia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 08:57:01 pm »
Spore! still play it ever since I got it! Ah spore!

I'm really good at creature and spaceship making now!
I need a new signature.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 09:57:40 pm »
Yea
Spore! still play it ever since I got it! Ah spore!

I'm really good at creature and spaceship making now!

Making creatures is fun :P

You can put up pics of the creatures you've made if you like :3

Offline Cecilia~

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • wwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 01:13:49 am »
Absolutely adore this game. I've got everything you can get for spore. I use modded parts from Darkspore so my creatures look epic as hell. ;o;

I'll snap a bigger picture later, trust me.
i dont know anything ever at any time