Author Topic: Journey (PS3)  (Read 2476 times)

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
Journey (PS3)
« on: February 14, 2013, 06:51:11 am »
I really really love this game. No other game made me feel like this, i play it over and over. Thou yes, it is short but still brilliant.. lovingly!
Not like all these games you have to run and kill things or destroy anything.. Journey is really.. a journey.
Right now i bought the Soundtrack at the apple store for my ipod.
If you play and love that game, tell me what you like about it.

You can also add me at your PS3 if you want :3 its Tigerpython83.

I really love the music.. the design, the idea... that you can meet others and dont even know who they are or that you can only "communicate" through these little sounds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BEComrj0A4
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 01:37:05 pm by Tigg »

Offline Cecilia~

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • wwww
    • View Profile
Re: Journey (PS3)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 01:18:32 pm »
Journeeeeeyyyy <3 Love this game. Watched my sister do a playthrough of the whole thing.
i dont know anything ever at any time

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 01:59:55 pm »
I have never had the chance to play this game myself but I also watched a friend do a play through of it. Honestly even describing this game in words really doesn't do it justice. It's an experience. One that I think a lot of people need to have. It's definitely not like any other game and it really can take your breath away as to how stunning the visuals are.

I also like the concept you mentioned Tigg about the not being able to communicate through a chat box or voice over. It reminds me of the Endless Forest in that aspect. Talking would really distract the players. It's just amazing how a game with no dialogue where you travel with a complete stranger can stir so much more emotion then most games with the opposite concept.

Simplicity is beautiful...

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 09:08:43 pm »
I've only watched PewDiePie play this game and honestly it just looks amazing. The characters, music, effects and environment are just beautiful, I couldn't imagine anyone not liking this game. Through some parts of the video I actually felt a lot of different emotions in me. I smiled through some parts like when the desert was still a desert, I cried when the other character collapsed in the heavy snow. I especially like how there are no words in this game, instead words are expressed by pictures and symbols. It makes me wonder "what's going to happen next?" or "is there a way to fix this?" I just admire that in a way.

If I ever get a PS3 in my life then I will definitely buy Journey, it's such a beautiful game :)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 09:10:18 pm »
Well, same as Ingredient, I've only watched PewDiePie play it. It looks so amazing, though.

Even PewDie said it was puuuurdy.
I could just see PewDie playing Okami. .3.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 11:03:26 pm »
I cried when the other character collapsed in the heavy snow.

Oh yeah I saw Pewdiepie's gameplay too poor Bengt lol :(

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 06:23:43 am »
Yeah ^^ yesterday i had a nice travel-mate, he showed me again lots of stuff, like the hidden hints and some extra symbols i already forgot that where there. I evolved from a red lil one to a white one with less symbols and then to a white one with lots symbols on the cloth ^^

At the end of the game, we were happy, we ran arround each other and drew hearties in the sand xD
I am usually not that kind of player but i waited till the end screen came and i could see the name of the other player.. and asked him to be a friend on my PSN, lol. Tunred out he or she is japanese, i dont know if the friend request will get accepted. But it was just so cute ^^