Author Topic: DECODER HOUNDS~~ Stray dog MMORPG In the Making!--Model Updates!  (Read 9309 times)

Offline ChaosDetermined

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • The mixed up mutt
    • Starry-Prince
    • KagerouPrince
    • View Profile
DECODER HOUNDS~~ Stray dog MMORPG In the Making!--Model Updates!
« on: December 01, 2013, 06:10:14 am »

Ever wanted to play a game as an animal? Ever wanted a game where you can roam the streets as your own custom made canine? Well, now you can! In Decoder Hounds, you play the life of a stray living in the streets of the city. Well, what does this came have to offer, you may ask. We have plenty to offer! Just continue reading.

STARTING OUT--

When starting out, you will have the chance to make up to two custom canine characters. In the character creator, you will be able to choose the size of your character, name, markings and other little things making it different from the others. Colours in Decoder Hounds will be all natural, meaning you won't come by some pink and purple hound with long locks.
Our character creator will suit to your needs, allowing you to change eye style, ear style, body, tail and possibly even if your character has scars.
On top of that, you will have the choice of choosing if you wish to start out as a full grown adult or a pup. Stats will also be added, such as stamina, swiftness, ect. Your skills may also improve in game as you rank up. Once you're done in the character creator, it will be time to jump into the game!

IN GAME SITUATIONS--

Other players and their ranks~

You will have the choice to join a pack in game. These packs are divided in throughout the city, allowing each to have a little space of territory. This will, however, lead to some fighting for food and territory. Staff members will be chosen for higher ranks and will make decisions on such fights.
You will also have the choice to stay a stray and roam the streets yourself. This will be dangerous, but worth the time set aside.

Fighting~

PvP Will occur in game. Certain keys will be key in battle within the game. No, there won't be weapons. Pure tooth. But you may ask yourself 'But people will abuse this power and head off to other areas in the game just killing off characters!' If you are caught abusing PvP Powers, you will be kicked from the game. Each warning will end in a 12 hour ban if you continue your actions.
PvP Will not be enabled for pups.
EDIT: To remove the PvP Spam and abuse like in such games as Lif, there are going to be PvP requests sent to users who wish to engage in PvP With another user.

Food~

There will be a hunger and thirst bar that will need to be filled to survive. To find food, you will either be allowed to hunt small animals or scout for food throughout trashcans and small tibbits found on the street.
Thirst will be filled by drinking from puddles, rivers or ponds. Mind you, this may change during warmer months... (See WEATHER AND SEASONS).

Health, injury and sickness~~

A health bar will also be present. This will record how much health you have and it will lower with each injury you receive. It will also lower if your hunger or thirst bars are low, or if a sickness has gotten to you.
Sickness will be a rare in game. You will receive notification of your character catching said sickness at the time it happens.
Injuries and sickness will heal over time instead of having herbs or something silly like that. This is a stray dog game, not warriors.

Weather and Seasons~

There will be weather in the game depending on the season.  Let it be rain, snow, sun or even tornado weather!
During warmer seasons, the city is prone to drought. This will make it harder to find water or even food. During the colder months, however, it may be harder to find food thanks to people staying indoors.

NPC's~

Ah, yes. Our Lovely NPC's. There will be human and animal NPC's throughout the game, working to make survival a little harder.
Certain NPC's such as dog catchers, pets and humans will bring trouble to you for sure. More about the Dog catcher and pound will be explained below.

The pound~

If you aren't careful with where you step, you may end up in the pound. There will be a way to escape with both packmates saving you and a little secret way, also. But I won't be saying much about that.

Actions~

Simple actions will be able to be preformed. Sit, lay, tail wag, ect will be in game. This will not only help create a realistic atmosphere, but will also add a little more fun into the game.

Chatting~

There WILL Be chatting in game! Hopefully you will be able to communicate and make a couple new friends while on your new journey. However, if you are caught saying profound, vile things, you will be kicked from the game for a certain amount of time.

Death~~

Every dog has its day. From either starvation, dehydration, injury, sickness or even old age, a dog must go. Death will occur with one of these. There will be a cut scene with your character's last moments before sending you back to the title page where you will have the choice to create a new character or continue playing with one of your other characters.

Relationships with other Characters~~

There will be a relationship bar when you interact with another user. Every action you do will either raise the relationship or lower it to make either friends of enemies.
Once a relationship bar reaches the top, you will have the option to become mates with said users character and this will enable you to have pups.

Births and Pups~~

Yes, there will be birthing. After mating with a user, this will allow the female to become pregnant. After about three days in real time, you will give birth.
Birthing will lead to a cut scene and the amount of puppies will range.
Puppies, however, will be NPC's until you can find users to play them. After finding a user to play a puppy, there will be an option when you click on one of the puppies that asks if you wish to play one. Puppies, however, will add to your two characters. If you already have two characters, you will NOT Be able to play a puppy.
____

Any questions will be answered below, or on our website: http://decoderhounds.proboards.com/

We ARE In need of Game designers who know their way around Blender or Unity! More will be added once seen fit.

UPDATES~~~

Feb 16/14

Model update! Enabled smooth shading for a nicer look, detached the ears and tail for easier switching, slightly fixed legs and feet.

Larger image can be seen in a new tab!

After lots of searching, I just happened to find the perfect model for us!

Wew!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 07:40:08 pm by --?????-- »

My heart is yours
It's clean and healing
You've closed the wounds and stopped the bleeding
I'll give you all I am, give you my life~

Offline Meadowstar01

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Re: DECODER HOUNDS~~ Stray dog MMORPG In the Making!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 05:35:11 pm »
Sounds like a good idea for a game! Good luck with it!

I do have an idea about the PvP, though. Maybe, if someone wants to do PvP with you, then it can come up as a request. You can either accept it, or deny it. If you don't want to be flooded with requests, however, you can choose to disable it, and other people won't be able to send PvP requests to your character. But if you decide that you want PvP again, then you can choose to enable it for your character, and then people will be able to send you PvP requests again. That way, people won't abuse it so much like they do in Lif, for example.

Another idea is that, if you don't want to be in the city so much, then there can be some wooded areas. I know I wouldn't want to be in a completely treeless area. Or, if you go beyond the boundaries of the city, then you will eventually be in the wilderness.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 05:41:41 pm by Meadowstar01 »

Offline JGree

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Dog's body, wolf's spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 07:16:05 pm »
This is certainly the type of game I'd want to play. Good luck!

Offline ChaosDetermined

• Curious Wanderer
  • The mixed up mutt
    • Starry-Prince
    • KagerouPrince
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 07:21:32 pm »
Sounds like a good idea for a game! Good luck with it!

I do have an idea about the PvP, though. Maybe, if someone wants to do PvP with you, then it can come up as a request. You can either accept it, or deny it. If you don't want to be flooded with requests, however, you can choose to disable it, and other people won't be able to send PvP requests to your character. But if you decide that you want PvP again, then you can choose to enable it for your character, and then people will be able to send you PvP requests again. That way, people won't abuse it so much like they do in Lif, for example.

Another idea is that, if you don't want to be in the city so much, then there can be some wooded areas. I know I wouldn't want to be in a completely treeless area. Or, if you go beyond the boundaries of the city, then you will eventually be in the wilderness.

Yess, that sounds like a good idea! And as of now, I'm going to be working on the wooded area for mapping since I was thinking of that also. I might even add in a chance for users to move between towns and cities and maybe add some country side.

My heart is yours
It's clean and healing

Offline Soulszy

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Icon by ask-jokeboi on tumblr!
    • soulszy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 09:35:10 pm »
Is the game out yet? I would really love to start playing

Offline ChaosDetermined

• Curious Wanderer
  • The mixed up mutt
    • Starry-Prince
    • KagerouPrince
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 09:59:36 pm »
Is the game out yet? I would really love to start playing

Unfortunately, no. The game is in the early stages of development at the moment. Hopefully with more help we'll have it out either next Summer or next Christmas. c:

My heart is yours
It's clean and healing

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 10:00:32 pm »
I'll be definitely checking the game when it comes out. Seems cool c: I wish you luck on this!

Could you die on this game? (And have to make a new character, etc.) Also will there be nametags to show your username and character's name?

Offline ChaosDetermined

• Curious Wanderer
  • The mixed up mutt
    • Starry-Prince
    • KagerouPrince
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 10:11:35 pm »
I'll be definitely checking the game when it comes out. Seems cool c: I wish you luck on this!

Could you die on this game? (And have to make a new character, etc.) Also will there be nametags to show your username and character's name?

Yes, once you die you will have the chance to create another new character in the place of that one. And as for nametags, ye-up!

My heart is yours
It's clean and healing

Offline Hennessy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Avi art by Tessel! Thank you m'dear.
    • Ruffle-Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 01:16:50 am »
HHCGDVECKDIF I can't wait to play this game. Sounds like fun! Goodluck!

Also, will you be able to have puppies and be taken by humans into like a house?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 01:19:03 am by ~|Demonic|~ »

Siggy By: Jackkdaw
Find Me In-Game: demonicheir
DeviantART: Ruffle-Dog (There's nothing there rnow. owo)

Offline ChaosDetermined

• Curious Wanderer
  • The mixed up mutt
    • Starry-Prince
    • KagerouPrince
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 01:05:27 pm »
HHCGDVECKDIF I can't wait to play this game. Sounds like fun! Goodluck!

Also, will you be able to have puppies and be taken by humans into like a house?

I have yet to transfer the updates to here, but yes to the puppies, unsure about being able to be taken into a human house.

My heart is yours
It's clean and healing