Author Topic: World of Denuo - IT server 2017/2018 - DONATIONS+REWARDS OPEN!  (Read 5503 times)

Offline kewlkiera

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • kewlkiera.exe has stopped working
    • View Profile

Forum | Donate (Info)

Sneak peek preview of one of our 11 Exclusive Maps (More available on Forum)

Hello everyone,
It's been quite a while since I've ever had anything to do with Impressive Title projects. Needless to say, I needed a long break and hosting from my laptop was no longer possible after I had to make a big move. I realize it had impacted quite a few people in my previous project's community known as Infinite Life, but at the same time... Those same comments are what had given me back that long lost motivation I didn't even know I had. I'm proud to say that in my last project we've upheld outstanding feedback on how we've managed to maintain an overall friendly and loving community due to our past works. The team that we managed to gain through voluntary work was outstanding in each of their fields, allowing for prime administration and moderation within the community to keep everything in order.
To highlight a few, here are some quotes that were gathered regarding the shut-down of our past server, 'Infinite Life':

"Infinite Life was a really nice and friendly server. I will miss it so much."
- mydeer, former Member

"[It] was a nice experience to be working as a staff member of the IL community, and I'll never forget the memories I held here. I'll cherish them forever, and I hope everyone else will as well."
- Emiyuu, former IL Staff Member, current WoD Staff Member

"This server was amazing, and so was everyone I got a chance to meet."
- Squid, former Member, Top Donator of IL

I stopped doing a lot of activities that I enjoyed after finishing high school, but this sort of thing has never seemed to leave me. After tons of on and off progress, I decided I should at least give those the opportunity to wander about the fully functional forum of World of Denuo. This will hopefully give me the push I need to continue following through on what I'd like to accomplish for this project.

What we currently have implemented for the Server's Public Release (v1):
- All new Maps
Every single oIT map will be scrapped and replaced with original and exclusive terrains to explore in which you won't see anywhere else. We'll eventually have a map laid out of how each of the maps connects to one another to actually create a region of Denuo. There will be areas to accommodate certain Factions, which will also be explained below.

- Factions (Life, Death, and... ???)
Yes... Factions. If you've seen "Divergent", that's basically the same idea... However, we are not using this in the exact same manner. Each of your characters will represent a part of Denuo in a different way. To which these factions will (for now) include the titles of Life or Death. When you create a character you will be able to choose their faction, and depending on which you choose it'll set their default spawn point to their Home map accordingly (ie "Ulzef" for Death and "Alivak" for Life).
Will these be the ONLY factions? That's to be answered for another time. We also hope to have effective PvP in which opposing faction characters will be able to attack one another without "Friendly Fire".

- Leveling
Can't have PvP without a bit of leveling in there, can we? We've implemented this so that you can track your progress with your character and also gain benefits according to which attribute you chose when creating a character (Explained below)

- Creature attributes (Health +Strength)
Your characters will each have their own skill stats depending on which one you choose. Last Moon has this implemented in a similar manner, but we think it'll help bring an extra spark to Denuo in giving your character some individuality. The stat will increase with each level that you gain.

- Markets/Currency
A currency system will be crucial in order to actually create an economic atmosphere in Denuo. We'll also be setting up Markets with the currency so that you'll be able to purchase items, pets, and/or skills accordingly.

- Quests/NPCs
Quests and NPCs will be a big part of the server, as this is where you'll actually be able to gain a story for your character as well as their chosen Faction. Not to mention you'll get some snazzy rewards every now and then for completing these quests. (Currently waiting on our commissioned coder for this)

- Items to accommodate Factions
We'd like to include that the Factions will all have their own unique items to wear and show off their pride in battle.

How can you Help?
Well, the first step would be to check out our forum and register. From there, make sure you review our Rules and Regulations (the icon for the page is located in the table on the left side of the forum), then check out the "News" and "Game Journal" boards for the latest updates. Feel free to join our Discord as well to connect with the community!

PLEASE NOTE: If you are interested in becoming a staff member for WoD and are able to contribute content to the server, then please send a PM to kewlkiera (AKA @ admin) on the forums. If we like your work, you could even be paid (Yes, real $$$) for submitting your content to us.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 06:59:26 pm by kewlkiera »

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: Heard of Infinite Life? Get ready for World of Denuo!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 08:12:19 pm »
It's wonderful to see that some people are still aiming to continue the nostalgia of Impressive Title, but with more updates and a sense of adventure to find out what awesome features have been put in place. Keep up the awesome work, and I look forward to exploring your server come September 2017!

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline kewlkiera

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 09:16:42 pm »
It's wonderful to see that some people are still aiming to continue the nostalgia of Impressive Title, but with more updates and a sense of adventure to find out what awesome features have been put in place. Keep up the awesome work, and I look forward to exploring your server come September 2017!

Thank you muchly! Always appreciate the support and hope to see you soon c:

In other news,
WoD has started its first contest: Member Milestones. The more members that register on the forum to a certain point, more rewards will be available for EVERY current WoD member that helped us reach that milestone. This can go from forum to in-game benefits and will last until the official public release of the server. Make sure to check it all out here after you register!

Offline ashy29

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 07:06:58 am »
a suggestion is  you could add more than wolves and lion its kinda annoying having the same animals over and over again it only a suggestion but it would be nice  :)thanks and good luck

Offline kewlkiera

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 03:51:06 pm »
a suggestion is  you could add more than wolves and lion its kinda annoying having the same animals over and over again it only a suggestion but it would be nice  :)thanks and good luck

Funny you should mention that,
I  just commissioned someone to start creating some custom-made creature designs. c: Hoping to then forward those to a modeler to get them game-ready. So you'll hopefully be seeing some all-new critters in the game.
As for an all-new player model, it's still being thought over.

Offline kewlkiera

• View Profile
Re: World of Denuo - An IT server coming in 2017!
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 05:23:54 am »
We have just found a talented map maker who will complete half of a number of maps for us for release. Feeling ever so grateful, we already have an idea in mind on who to commission for the other half.

Don't forget to register to be a part of our Member Milestones for exclusive rewards!
World of Denuo Forum

WE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR STAFF AND/OR TALENTED PEOPLE TO BE COMMISSIONED ($$$) FOR CONTENT TO BE PUT TOWARDS OUR SERVER
Check out the Staff Applications Here (Register to see it) OR the DeviantArt Journal Here

Offline kewlkiera

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 11:00:26 pm »
Half of the maps have been completed!

Also, staff applications will only remain open for a little while longer. Even if you may not have any artistic skills, we still encourage you to check it out!

Register on the forum (link above) for details.

Offline Drunken-Royalty

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • DA - DrunkenRoyalty
    • DrunkenRoyalty
    • xX SashaLea Xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 08:46:07 am »
Hoping I can aid with art! ^-^

;D
Loyalty is key. Don't talk behind other's back. Don't pick and choose people for your own benefit of work. Don't stir trouble and never, ever, lie.

Offline kewlkiera

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 05:27:58 pm »
Staff applications will be closing on Saturday, June 17th. If you've been meaning to fill a form out, please do it soon!

Also, the first game journal has been posted on our forums!

Offline kewlkiera

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2017, 12:03:01 am »
A reminder that  Staff Applications* will be closing tomorrow. If you've been meaning to send one into us and haven't yet, please do it now (via our forum)!

*While applications are open, we are fine with letting an additional person be set to strictly moderate (AKA no content giving needed) on our team. Once applications close, we will only allow skilled people to be put into our consideration. If you, as a person with a skill that we'd need to help us progress further, are interested in a permanent position after closing the applications, please send me a PM with your skill(s) and examples of your work to discuss the possibility of having you with us on our team.

A thread for Donations and its Rewards will also be opening soon! Rewards will include things such as a free rank or an exclusive in-game item!