Author Topic: Preset Problem  (Read 1459 times)

Offline BluuLeopard

• Leopard Of The Lost World - 2011 💙🌊✨
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
    • bluuleopard.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
Preset Problem
« on: November 02, 2015, 04:19:02 pm »
I was making a preset request, after when I got to the tail, which was the 'Lynx Tail', I noticed that all the markings from far away were blurry. However, if I zoom in closer, they look fine. I tried removing the preset, and checking how some of the default Feral Heart markings would look on the lynx tail. They looked nothing like what happened on the preset. They were very sharp.

Please, tell me if there are any ideas why the lynx tail is doing this?
Thank you.
-
Blue
Avatar - bluuleopard.deviantart.com
Profile Signature - Phobic-Art

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Preset Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 07:38:44 pm »
...Maybe you should provide a screenshot, since this might be a glitch in the game itself, or something like that?

'Cause I'm not sure if my brain is working right, but... I mean if the marking on the preset is blurry then that's just the lynx tail being the tiny little tail it is. :{o

Offline BluuLeopard

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 08:11:40 pm »
I am almost sure that when I don't use any presets, the markings look more clear than they are when I tried to make a preset. Could this be the formats the image is saved in?

Here, the preset.

S. Italy/Romano

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 09:07:59 pm »
The problem is that whoever modeled the Lynx tail simply took the Round tail model and scaled it down in the middle to make it shorter while keeping the same UVs for both the round tail and the lynx tail. It was probably done to facilitate the compatibility with markings; a clever but sub-optimal solution. So if your preset looks good and normal on the round tail, you can be 100% sure it's going to look squished and blurry on the lynx one.

The only way I know to remedy this is to make the markings in the middle look stretched out on normal tails so that they will look normal on the lynx one

And the markings remain sharp because they are masks. Your preset (if I'm correct) does not use a mask, it uses one picture file with proper colours and textures, but the masks serve to allow us to choose colours in the game for the markings. Of course, even then only the defined markings remain sharp, take a look at the smooth "highlight" marking on both tails.

The lynx clearly blurs it because the marking fades out unlike the cheetah spots that are one colour in full opacity.

The blurring in the distance is merely to save memory. If the colours and details are close to one another, the colours will blur in the distance because they technically should be far enough so that it makes no difference to the eye anyway; they get sharper as you come close.

Same with the models, take a look at your character from far away with F3 and you will see the same effect. Unfortunately, because the markings are squished on the lynx tail, they are very close even at a close viewing distance, so they blur together prematurely unless they are sharp on the preset and do not have a fade out on the colour or fur.

The other thing would be to save as PNG because PNGs do not compress or ruin quality like JPGs.

Offline BluuLeopard

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 09:37:15 pm »
Alright, thank you, Astrologer. I hope this will help, your advice is useful. I appreciate it.

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
Preset Problem 2
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 01:17:31 am »
We'll I heard of that problem but i have a bigger problem
So it all started me making a doge preset  Later it worked on my preset but suddenly THIS HAPPENED i saw other people the markings were identical but different color it was on everyone! i fixed the problem but i have APPCRASH problem now

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 05:14:56 am »
We'll I heard of that problem but i have a bigger problem
So it all started me making a doge preset  Later it worked on my preset but suddenly THIS HAPPENED i saw other people the markings were identical but different color it was on everyone! i fixed the problem but i have APPCRASH problem now

I believe ye would 'ave better luck with fixing y'er issue if ye created a new thread on the help board. The make a new thread button should be found on the top right hand corner of the board's rim. Our helpful tech savvy floofs don't know ye 'ave an issue if ye post on another person's thread, they just are thinking ye are trying to help solve the issue of the thread's topic.

I would help ye, but unfortunately, I 'ave never heard of this issue that is occurring on y'er FH program. Best of luck to ye fixing it though!

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 05:26:46 am »
As Enoki has said, it might be better if you create your own Help topic (or trying looking in the "search" bar to see if you can find someone else who has had a similar issue and has resolved it) since the owner of this thread has already been given an answer to their issue. I think I'll lock this topic up.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.