Author Topic: Camera Zoom in and Out (MAC)?  (Read 2087 times)

Offline BluuLeopard

• Leopard Of The Lost World - 2011 💙🌊✨
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
    • bluuleopard.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
Camera Zoom in and Out (MAC)?
« on: February 26, 2017, 10:15:22 pm »
So, recently I moved to my new Mac Desktop, I figured out how to setup the game, insert maps, presets, markings, and other online modifications. But, one thing I can't figure out, is how to zoom in and out in-game, while in F2 Mode (Third Person).

When I was on my Windows PC, I was able to zoom in and out by holding left click, and using the scroll wheel to adjust the zoom.

Now, I have a Magic Trackpad and a Magic Mouse, I tried clicking and scrolling, and nothing worked. The Magic Mouse that's used for Macs does not have a scroll wheel or a middle click button. Out of FeralHeart, you can use the scroll option by swiping your finger on the mouse, either towards or away from yourself. I tried that, but FeralHeart doesn't seem to recognize this function.

Is there any other way for me to adjust the zoom, on my Mac? Perhaps there's a button I can hold, while clicking or... I really don't have an idea. All given advice is appreciated, and will be worth a try. Thank you. ;;
-
Blue
Avatar - bluuleopard.deviantart.com
Profile Signature - Phobic-Art

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Camera Zoom in and Out (MAC)?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 06:20:01 am »
Sorry to hear about the mouse troubles!

Are you able to install a mouse that you plug in via the USB outlets? It could be the way the Mac mouse is set up. I don't own a Mac computer, myself, but perhaps a few Mac users may be able to shed a bit more light on your situation.

Have you tried peeking at your in-game Settings to see if there is any alternative option to set your mouse scroll?

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline BluuLeopard

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 03:40:08 pm »
I did take a look in FeralHeart settings, but I'm pretty sure there were no options for a mouse. I only noticed that you can change the camera, but that's just it, I guess?

Also, I do have my old mouse, which is suppose to have a USB outlet, I'm going to check to see if my Mac will recognize it. I hope some Mac users will show up, because I'd really like to be able to adjust my zoom in the F2 mode, to not have a big head or tail standing at my camera. x'D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 04:56:11 pm by BlueLeopard »

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 10:55:16 pm »
Ayeee, fellow Mac user~
The only way I know to zoom in and out is to hold that middle button under the scroll wheel
and move your mouse. Besides that, I have tried using several buttons on the keyboard without any luck.
No commands seems to work with right clicking either. If I figure out any other ways to do it, I will let you know!

Offline BluuLeopard

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 10:23:20 pm »
Ayeee, fellow Mac user~
The only way I know to zoom in and out is to hold that middle button under the scroll wheel
and move your mouse. Besides that, I have tried using several buttons on the keyboard without any luck.
No commands seems to work with right clicking either. If I figure out any other ways to do it, I will let you know!

The action doesn't work, since my mouse is different, but thanks for the help.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 09:42:29 pm »
Maybe these things I found on the internet might help you? I got these quotes from here.

Mac Pro and iMac zoom in/out commands

If you’re using a Mac desktop system (iMac, Mac Pro) with a “normal” keyboard and a mouse with a mousewheel, just press and hold the [control] key, then scroll the mousewheel up and down, and you’ll see what I mean. The entire Mac screen zooms in and out, just like the “software zoom” on a digital camera.

To summarize, here are the Mac/iMac screen zoom commands:

▸ Zoom In: Press the [Ctrl] key and scroll up with the mouse.

▸ Zoom Out: Press the [Ctrl] key and scroll down with the mouse.

Zoom in and out on a MacBook

You can also zoom in and zoom out your screen on a MacBook Pro (or MacBook Air). Again, hold down the [ctrl] key, but this time take two fingers and swipe upwards on the trackpad area to zoom in, then use your two fingers to swipe downwards to zoom out.

This is very cool. A lot of times I’ll find myself making text larger in Firefox by changing the font size ([command]+ to make the font larger, [command]- to make it smaller), but I prefer this Mac zoom-in/zoom-out approach.

Zoom in and out with a Magic Mouse

I just bought an Apple Magic Mouse for use with my iMac, and you can use it to zoom in/out just like you can use a mouse with a scrollwheel. Just hold down the [control] key, then slide your finger to the top or bottom of the mouse, and you’ll zoom in and out just like you would with a mouse scrollwheel.

Reasons on how/why these might not work can be found at the bottom of the page I provided to you in the beginning.
I honeslty do not know if these will help you, as I don't know what the alternative to a scroll wheel is for a Mac (as to my knowledge, the mouses do not have scroll wheels).

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone