Author Topic: Legends and Folklore  (Read 1865 times)

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
Legends and Folklore
« on: August 10, 2011, 01:24:28 am »
The reason why I made this thread is because I am a lover of legends and folklore x3

I also like creating my own, and decided this could be something to do if I have no Rps to respond too xD
I'm only making one thread for it because I didn't want to spam the section with different stories <. <
If its not allowed, feel free to tell me x3

The first one is posted below, and I'll be posting more once I get some ideas and am inspired. I may even make up some for coming rps I may make, or I can even make you guys some, if you like. It could be for rps, a story your working on, etc, just tell me what its about, wither you want specific things to happen or not, and I can see if I can type up one for you ^.^
Just be sure you give the credit to me and not say you're the one who wrote it please xD
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:36:26 pm by Katsa_=^.^= »
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon War (The true legend)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 10:16:27 pm »
Dragon War (The true legend)

((Just a little something I thought to type up since I was bored and felt like writing something. I may turn this into an Rp, and write other stories involving this one.))

The skies burned with flame, the earth stained with blood. Roars of pain and anger, the beating of wings, and the heat of flames terrorized the air. Dragons of all kinds fell to the earth, friends and foes alike. The scene was brutal, horrible, sickening even to the very core of a peculiar dragon.
 His scales seemed to dim as they reflected the deadly flames and smokey/cloudy sky, their color a unique, blue and purple color, his blue-green, snake eyes burning not with rage or anger, but grief. Has this what it has come too? Dragons turning on each other like men with their destructive souls, coming up with any excuse to draw blood? Pathetic, but he had failed...
 The wings beat through the wind, rising high above the battlefield. Everywhere he saw comrades fall, his heart aching further as each of their limb forms crashed to the ground, doing the same with each of his brethren, even those on opposite sides. The guilt was unbearable...
 One had spotted him. There was no turning back now. It flew right toward him, rising in the air to meet up with him. With gritted teeth, he drew his wings to his sides, and dove right toward the beast, with regretful eyes. His speed faster, his long neck drew over the opposites head, this dragons scales a red and green color, each dragon having their own unique color combinations. His fangs dug into this one's neck, and a chocked screech was released from its muzzle. It began to squirm in his grasp, shaking its smallish head back and forth as it tried to release itself from his grip. His front claws grasped onto the opposites front legs, the talons digging right into the scales, keeping in place as his back legs copied the same motion. His captive held in place, his teeth at last broke through the dragons neck scales, digging deep into the life-line. The dragon's struggle lessen, then his form went limb. Releasing his hold, he flapped away from the dragon, watching as its limb form fell to the ground. Inside, he felt hollow, not victorious...
 Turning his head away, more dragons flew toward him, having plummeted a little lower into the battlfield when holding the first dragon in place. Brows furrowed and fangs bared, his wings flapped harder as he headed in their direction, ready to meet them. As he drew near, his fore-claws outstretched toward his enemies, his brethren, the talons digging and scraping into one of their necks, their forms drawing back as a screetch of agony was released. Another directed its fangs to his head, and with a flip and turn of his body, he slamed a claw right at the dragon's muzzle, turning it away. In the same motion, he swatted another dragon that came up behind him at its side, the momentum causing the dragon to plummet downward. Once completely flipped over once more, his fangs dugged into another dragon's muzzle, the scent of dragon's blood filling his nostrils as the taste filled his mouth. His back claw came up near the dragons neck, the talons breaking through skin and scales as it drew downward, pass the chest and to the center of its stomach, blood coating the leg and the body. During this, the movement caused him to do yet another flip, him going over the dragon he held captive as it went under him, and soon he was under it. He pushed the form upward with his back leg, right into another dragon as it came to meet them, then gave a side flip to draw himself away.
 A pain shot through his back leg, and he was pulled backward as a dragon had caught him. Giving it a twist, he broke his leg free, and doing his best to ignore the pain, he used his other leg to kick the dragons head away. Opening his maw, a dark blue flame, tinged with purple, was released as it enveloped the same dragon. Fire still spurting out, wings tucked close to his sides, he spinned in midair, the flame spinning along with him and scortching the surrounding dragons. His own flame soon surrounded him, not touching him but their heat burning the scales. After a few more moments, he shut his maw, spreading out his wings to their full width, and they broke the wall of flame.
 Panting, the scratches and wounds the dragons had given him burning and stinging, he glanced around. Everything seemed silent, his eyes could still see the battle going on around him, but he could no longer hear them. The surrounding dragons moved in slow motion, his head as it turned doing the same. Even though he wanted to, he couldn't seem to move,  or flap any faster. Turning his head to the side once more, his blue-green eyes locked with grey, black eyes.
 This dragon was larger than the others he had faced, its scales silver grey with dark red tinges and patterns. Its eyes a burning, deadly blue. This dragon moved in slow motion along with everyone else, the wings going downward and upward slowly. Its maw began to open the same way, a spark flaring in the throats depths. It raised a claw at him, and the only movement he could do was draw backward, his maw opening in unision as a spark was also made in its depths, both fore-claws raising to meet this new opponent. Then, at the last moment, like water was suddenly drawn away, time returned...
 Both their flames sprouted in each of their faces, burning and scorthing their maws. Claws locked with eachother, scratching and clawing away. The grey dragon dug its fangs into his neck, a cry of pain released through his maw. It was cut short as he quickly turned his long neck, and his own fangs dug into the dragon's eye. It released its hold, quickly drawing away and blood covered the eye that had been bittin, and its muzzle snapped to the side, the fangs now digging into his own maw. Unable to open his mouth, he struggled in the dragons grasp, clawing at its head, but it refused to let go. Finally, he dug his back claw into the dragons stomach, and crying out it released its hold. During this, both dragons were plummeting downward, their wings drawn close to their bodies as they were locked together. The fall seemed endless, the earth never seeming to come any closer. After endless struggling with this beast, his eyes flared a bright green and blue, and he at last pushed himself away from the dragon. Both moved in unison, their wings spreading to catch themselves in mid-fall, eyes locked and glaring, teeth clenched, with him above and it below. Once they were aligned, a roar like no other was released from his maw, a roar of pain, regret, and anger, a roar that seemed to shake and rumble through the battle itself, and for all to hear. Following the roar was a dark blue flame, the purple burning and surrounding it in a purple glow. The flame enveloped the dragon, consuming it in its heat, its form vanishing within. The dragon withered and squirmed in the flame, seeming to be made of the fire itself. Its maw was opened in silent agony, and it fell to the earth.
 He watched it fall, still moving in a circle, and his eyes began to droop. Halfway through the circle, he completely flipped over, and he was once more falling, this time his back facing the earth. His eyes were closed, his wings limbed and useless. The earth caught him, soft sand cushioning his fall, but the pain from the battle, along with his guilt, was too great to feel the pain from the fall. His eyes slowly opened, glancing upward to the battle that was taking place above. Other dragons were around him, their bodies scortched and covered with blood. He could still see forms falling from the skies, as if it were raining dragons. His head slowly laid itself in the sand, his eyes reclosing. If only he hadn't failed...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:36:45 pm by Katsa_=^.^= »
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...